GUNS N' ROSES: 'Chinese Democracy' To Arrive In November

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bunbury

Refugee
GUNS N' ROSES' long-awaited new album, "Chinese Democracy" is now slated for a November 2004 release through Geffen Records, it was revealed during VH1's GNR documentary "Behind The Music: Guns N' Roses", which premiered Sunday (July 4). The CD will feature the band's first new music since "Oh My God", the group's contribution to the soundtrack to the 1999 movie "End Of Days". GUNS N' ROSES' last studio album was a covers album, "The Spaghetti Incident?", which was released in 1993.

Oh geez, another GnR album so soon? :huh:

BTW, I think there's a typo in the original article. Isn't the release in November 2040? I mean, November 2004 sounds awfully close...

Isn't U2's album coming out November 2004?

As much as I'm sure U2's album will be better than Chinese Democracy (which I will probably buy too) isn't there a possibility U2's new album gets overshadowed because of Guns N' Roses first album of original songs since 1991? :ohmy:

I truly hope not. :yikes:

I thought it was funny when Offspring was going to call their last album "Chinese Democracy (You Snooze You Lose)"

Axl is a actually a very good songwriter, so whenever they do come up with that album it should be an interesting listen.

Things aren't looking so great now because I heard Buckethead quit. :huh:

So hey, add me to the list of "those who are still waiting".

BrownEyedBoy said:
Axl is a actually a very good songwriter, so whenever they do come up with that album it should be an interesting listen.
Though since the departure of his songwriting partner, Izzy, GnR has officially released 1 original song.

That being said, when I saw the Extra Crispy version of GnR (12/2/02, just a few days before Axl headed back to the looney bin, cancelling the balance of the tour), they played 3 songs from the soon to be released Chinese Democracy, and they sounded decent.

And yes Buckethead is gone, Axl has used that as a reason to further delay the album.

well, Brian Wilson is releasing the Beach Boys' Smile album this autums

so who knows what else might happen

holy shit, it's already been out for two months?!? i'm going to run out and pick it up NOW! i'll let you guys know what i think of it!

Back
Top Bottom