Guns N Roses

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

super fly guy

New Yorker
My brother thinks Guns N roses are the best band ever (well he cant of heard of U2 then) but what does everybody else think of them.Personaly i am not a big fan.

they were good long , long
, long , long time ago
a bit pathetic , but good
btw Slash is still good , and his snakes are awesome

they had a few epic songs.
back in the 80's.
somehow they are getting this underground following again around here and i guess in the outside world.

the best thing about them now is watching shaun vox get all hot and bothered over them :D where is he? someone tell him to come in here and make me laugh.

Angela Harlem said:
the best thing about them now is watching shaun vox get all hot and bothered over them :D where is he? someone tell him to come in here and make me laugh.

Hahaha, I've been wondering that myself. :up:

I admit, I absolutely loved them when they were popular and I still respect their work today. Slash was definitely an amazing guitarist, and the whole band really was a force to be reckoned with musically at the time. I personally think they are one of the few bands from the so called 'hair band' period whose music still holds up today.

That being said: I dont really listen to them anymore, nor do I think they are one of the greatest bands ever. (Music of course being 100% personal opinion, which makes any opinion I or anyone else has of them completely void of any credit or importance to anyone other than said opinion have-ers)

Guns N'Roses did fucking rock the world. At one point the were the biggest thing in music and rightfully so. Now they are an enigma. Guns were my favorite band bar none for a long time. Eventaully the lack of new material caught up to them and i grew into U2. U2 are the greatest but Gn'R come second. And who knows. Had the original lineup stayed together and put out 3 albums since the Illusion albums they might still be the biggest thing in music. I love Gn'R.

Oh and I'd just lie to add that the fat jokes are lame because none of them are fat. Look at the guys in Velvet Revolver and tell me they look fat. Same goes with Axl's band. Nobody is fat in either of those bands. The jokes would be funny if there were some element of truth to them but there isn't.

Axl has been around in the last few years just not in North America. His band did do a mini tour a few years ago that did go off well(no riots) and they did headline Rock in Rio 3 in 2001. The clips from that show did show that the new band does indeed rock, though not Gn'R. 2004 will be the year all of Gn'R make their comback. Velvet Revolver(Slash, Duff, Matt(Izzy wrote a bit)) will have an album out and it'll surely rock and when Axl gets his shit together and gets his album out(fingers crossed) it will also rock I'm sure of it. But you are right. The "Where are they now"shows could have a field day with Gn'R right now.

Hallucination said:
Axl has been around in the last few years just not in North America. His band did do a mini tour a few years ago that did go off well(no riots) and they did headline Rock in Rio 3 in 2001.

I thought IRON MAIDEN headlined there...

:|

PS: 2 minutes to midnight ROCKS!! :wink:

Back
Top Bottom