Guns N Roses 2007 Tour

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mofo

Refugee
I went yesterday to the GNR concert in Monterrey and it was great :drool:and a lot of fun hearing tunes like Welcome to the Jungle, Paradise City and November Rain and the new tunes sound actually good he might have a chance with Chinese Democracy

Axl Rose sang amazing hitting every single note and looked in great shape nothing like the thing we saw at the MTV awards a while ago. The musicians were flawless yes I know nothing like the real thing with Slash and Duff but still...they did solos of tunes

Dizzy Reed did Angie (Rolling Stones) on the piano
One of the guitar players did Redemption Song (Bob Marley)
Another did Don't Cry (gnr) with the crowd singing the song and I didn't recognize the 3rd guitar solo.

Anyway it was a lot of fun but it started like 3 and half hours late but then again I didn't expected more from Axl. A friend who works at a radio station and had a backstage pass told us some versions that were running around Axls camp; that Axl stayed at his plane until 11:30 at night because he didn't wanted to get off, that he was really high on something, that some of the band members were also drugged and that he simply wanted to fuck with the crowd

Off course he never apologized but by the 2nd song he had the whole crowd in his hands, didn't talk to much but seemed in great spirits; like he was giving it all, very energetic. (is that even a word?)

I really really recommend this show for people who enjoy GNR, even if it's only Axl is worth it, I hope he keeps it up like yesterday

And on a final note at the end of paradise city, the final song he threw the mic he was using and guess who caught it :wink:

Back
Top Bottom