Guns & Roses.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

shaun vox

New Yorker
ive become a real fan of this band. great singer and soon slash will be menshioned among jimmy page etc.(some are already talking about it)
they realy kick ass.alot of energy and great guitar's.

slash has his band.and axl rose has his own band with the great bucket head(but slash is the best), called gur?anyhow cant wait to hear what they come up with.
what do you guys think.

They had a lot of cool hard rock songs. My favorite of theirs is still probaby "You Could Be Mine".

Well, Slash is one of the great hard rock guitarists.

He'll actually be appearing on the new "Yardbird's" album, collaborating on one track. Should be interesting.

Other than that, I do have to admit that whenever Welcome To The Jungle or any hits from Appetite For Destruction comes on the radio... I crank it for sure. They've also done some respectable and innovative covers... even though the Use Your Illusion series weren't the greatest follow-up albums. (in my opinion)

:wink:

y'a the yardbirds album comes out april 22
the song, Over, Under, Sideways, Down - (Slash, guitar)
slash was on jimmy kimmel live(talk show) as a co-host.
they played rock super star and paradise city it was great.

rock on.

:lol: martha! Really, I'm cracking up!

Not into the new and improved GNR myself, but I'm all over the old school stuff. Estranged is my favorite of theirs. Three guitar solos--does it get any better?

u2popmofo said:
They had a lot of cool hard rock songs. My favorite of theirs is still probaby "You Could Be Mine".

That's a good song.

And of course, their classics, like "Sweet Child O' Mine", "Welcome To The Jungle" (which, imo, has one of the coolest openings ever), "November Rain" (a personal favorite of mine)...yeah, the old G&R rocked.

Originally posted by cujo
They've also done some respectable and innovative covers...

:yes:. I particularly love their version of "Sympathy For The Devil".

Angela

Angela Harlem said:
Aren't the Yardbirds from the 60's?

If its the same Yardbirds, I'm with martha.
:eek:

They've had so many different line-ups... that's a hard question to answer. Eric Clapton, Jimi Hendrix are among the veteran names... and at one point Jeff Beck and Jimmy Page sharing lead guitar duties. Imagine that.

I think only one of the core members is participating on this album... with Steve Vai, Slash, and Jeff Beck making cameo performances. If you want to know more I'll look into it.

So if the release date is April 22... is that this past April or next year?

Last edited:
Oh yes, and Mr. Vox if you want that Jimmy Page signature... check out my Led Zeppelin Large and Live thread. They're posted there.

:up:

I just dig GNR so much and was lucky enough to see them at the Rose Bowl when they toured with Metallica and Motorhead. Apettite for Destruction is truly one of the greatest albums of all time, just so raw and hard and blatantly honest and unapologetically ugly and completely brilliant. I miss that decadence and depravity in rock, so many bands these days just seem to whine about everything, GNR truly didn't give a damn.

I like Slash a lot
you can hear he's blues influenced,
but he knows how to rock it
(much like Kirk from Metallica)

I turn up the radio when old Guns 'n Roses songs (well mainly Paradise City and Sweet Child of Mine) are on
but I don't feel the need to buy their stuff

Back
Top Bottom