Guilty pleasures, pt. 2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
BonoIsMyMuse said:

I confess that I recently put Prince of Tides on my Netflix list, then bumped it up relatively high on the list. I felt almost embarrassed over it, but then I remembered why I was renting it. You want to talk about guilty pleasures? Nick Nolte :drool:

Lowenstein ... Lowenstein ...

The movie was pretty good, despite Babs' scary fingernails. I did quite like Nick Nolte in that. Mm-hmm.

(But the book was sooooo much better. Naturally. :wink: )

Dang, I can't believe I missed that one. Why can't I read your mind yet????

Excuse me, but I have to go back to singing "Xanadu" at the top of my lungs now.

corianderstem said:
Dang, I can't believe I missed that one. Why can't I read your mind yet????

Excuse me, but I have to go back to singing "Xanadu" at the top of my lungs now.

Shame on you.:grumpy: I thought I was completely transparent.

Xanadu?:lmao:

XAAAAANADUUUUU!!

(dum dum dum dum dum)

XANADU-OOH-OOH!!!!

(now we are here)

IN XANADUUUUUU!!!!!!!!

Bwa ha haaaa!

And please ... how can you NOT make fun of Oliva Newton-John? At least in Xanadu?

No matter how sweet and charming and nice she is, there will always be Xanadu hanging over her head. And we should make fun of her just for that.

corianderstem said:
No matter how sweet and charming and nice she is, there will always be Xanadu hanging over her head. And we should make fun of her just for that.

There's loads more than Xanadu...:wink: I was just trying to hold out as long as possible.

the "Physical" video?:eek:

who the hell am I kidding...the song "Physical"....it makes me want to stab my ear drums with a spork.:yikes:

corianderstem said:

Have you never heard of Prince?????

:tsk:

Not really sure if my comment was deserving of your sarcasm, but yes Prince - great artist, repeat offender of this annoying trend.

"when people use "U" instead of "you" and "2" instead of "to"......

who does that? no one I can think of..... "

Fully aware of the U2 connection here, but they are exempt from all things that usually would bother me, including this.

I'm sorry you took that as sarcasm. It was meant in fun.

Guess my winky smiley should have been there, instead of just implied. :(

Regina Filangie said:

Not really sure if my comment was deserving of your sarcasm, but yes Prince - great artist, repeat offender of this annoying trend.

"when people use "U" instead of "you" and "2" instead of "to"......

who does that? no one I can think of..... "

Fully aware of the U2 connection here, but they are exempt from all things that usually would bother me, including this.

I knew what you meant, but it struck me as ironic that you mentioned how much it bothers you (and me too, actually), yet your/our favorite band is probably the best know example of said pet peeve.

Back
Top Bottom