Gross, Nebraska Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Ax, I really want to be around when you hit 100 thou, but I fear I won't be. Tomorrow arvo/night methinks?

Good lord I hope not!

I'm hoping I don't reach 100,000 until April, to be honest.

Well, to me Uni isn't different from highschool.. I didn't find anyone I like that way there and I'm halfway the 2nd year now. So yeah, I guess you just need to get out and meet people or so. I'm just not the type of person to go to clubs and pretend to like the shitty music there. And I can't dance.

:lol: Well at least there's someone sitting next to you who can drive when you pass out! I wouldn't try them just like that and go driving though, you never know!

:mac: And I'd scare the shit out of people, since I drive on the right side of the road. GET ON THE RIGHT SIDE SUCKERS. :madwife:

It's looking a bit that way at the moment.. :sigh: I'll keep at it. I go to the clubs but you can't really get a relationship there..

And they have a brake on their side too, so we wouldn't have drove straight into a train.

:lol: that's crazy. i'd freak out, that's for sure.

It's looking a bit that way at the moment.. :sigh: I'll keep at it. I go to the clubs but you can't really get a relationship there..

And they have a brake on their side too, so we wouldn't have drove straight into a train.

:lol: that's crazy. i'd freak out, that's for sure.

Ah, well it sounds like bullshit, but y'know, it'll happen when you least expect it! :hug:

Yeah, here they've the same pedals we have(clutch, brake, gas) and ofcourse there's always the hand brake to be safe. :wink:

Nah I'm just bullshittin'. According to a guy from karate I really drive like a woman, cause I follow all the rules and such. :lol: well, I see that as a compliment! He already crashed two cars, so yeah, I'd rather keep my dad's car without dents!

I hated the whole clubbing/Pub thing. Great night out with my friends and stuff, but I never though much of "picking up" in a club.

You can always try online.....erm....even though people might give you funny looks (most are good, c'mon in this day and age!) for a while, that's how I met my girlfriend, and I'm not preaching or anything....and it's not for everyone, but its worth a try.

Too tired, I'm outta here! :wave:

:wave: Nighty-Night!

Nope, I've had a 96 VS Commodore sitting in the driveway for about two, three months, but I failed the first time so only now can I drive it.

Awesomeness! I failed the computer test the first time, I don't know how I managed to pull it off the second time, I did basically the same thing!

Ah, well it sounds like bullshit, but y'know, it'll happen when you least expect it! :hug:

Yeah, here they've the same pedals we have(clutch, brake, gas) and ofcourse there's always the hand brake to be safe. :wink:

Nah I'm just bullshittin'. According to a guy from karate I really drive like a woman, cause I follow all the rules and such. :lol: well, I see that as a compliment! He already crashed two cars, so yeah, I'd rather keep my dad's car without dents!

haha cheers

Oh so you got a manual license? See last time I drove a manual I stalled eight times in the middle of a roundabout... so I crossed that off the list.

Yeah, that's a compliment. maybe it's uncool now, but you'll save so much money. I drive like a bit of grandma too. I was so desperate to get my license today I drove real slow, so much so that the tester put 'acceleration' as one of my areas to improve.. :lol:

it sounds like you just wished me a violent death!

:lol:

And it actually means I love you very much damnit. . :lol: I was going for the tiny bit of frustration, that just adds up to the death factor in German.

:hmm: To think what wishing you a violent death would be...

Ich mochte gerne das du sterbt ein sehr schmertzlicher tot.

Ofcourse I suck ath the whole der/die/das shit so that's incorrect. And the o in tot needs 2 dots on it, but I can't put them on on my macbook. :wink:

I hated the whole clubbing/Pub thing. Great night out with my friends and stuff, but I never though much of "picking up" in a club.

You can always try online.....erm....even though people might give you funny looks (most are good, c'mon in this day and age!) for a while, that's how I met my girlfriend, and I'm not preaching or anything....and it's not for everyone, but its worth a try.

:D I like you already!
I always hated the clubbing thing too, and some people only do it to pickup. I'm more like, yeah I'd go to the pub to have a drink with friends, and go to the movies or so, but I do that to have fun with my friends. Not to get a date.

Did you meet her at a dating site, or more a forum or msn or some chatroom?

Yeah it's always fun, but the whole picking up thing isn't all it's cracked up to be. I'd rather just go to a pub, to be honest..

Oh okay, through like a dating site, or another forum or..? I'm not opposed to it certainly..

haha cheers

Oh so you got a manual license? See last time I drove a manual I stalled eight times in the middle of a roundabout... so I crossed that off the list.

Auto :love:

Although with work, I've slowly learned to drive a Manual. Getting the hang of it, I sometimes have to drive one of those big ass Toyota Hilux's around...

What I've found, with new manual cars are a piece of piss to drive around, older model cars, not so easy.

Awesomeness! I failed the computer test the first time, I don't know how I managed to pull it off the second time, I did basically the same thing!

The hazards perception test? I almost failed it too, it's garbage :lol:

I was sweating like a pig on a 50 degree day when I got out of the car..

What car do you have?>

haha cheers

Yeah, that's a compliment. maybe it's uncool now, but you'll save so much money. I drive like a bit of grandma too. I was so desperate to get my license today I drove real slow, so much so that the tester put 'acceleration' as one of my areas to improve.. :lol:

Yeah, here it's like, 90% or so of the cars are manual. I heard it's the other way around in the States, not sure how it's in the rest of the world! :lol:
You just gotta get used to the clutch a bit.

:giggle: Well, that it's good for me cause I'm actually female okay. But you're a guy. You're supposed to drive wildly and recklessly and go maaaaaaaaad!

no seriously, you got a great attitude. :up: Responsible driver!

Auto :love:

Although with work, I've slowly learned to drive a Manual. Getting the hang of it, I sometimes have to drive one of those big ass Toyota Hilux's around...

What I've found, with new manual cars are a piece of piss to drive around, older model cars, not so easy.

Yeah the newer ones are a lot more user friendly, the clutching is easier too, especially in diesels. My Granpa's old Mazda was manual.. hell to drive.

Yeah it's always fun, but the whole picking up thing isn't all it's cracked up to be. I'd rather just go to a pub, to be honest..

Oh okay, through like a dating site, or another forum or..? I'm not opposed to it certainly..

I always hated the clubbing thing too, and some people only do it to pickup. I'm more like, yeah I'd go to the pub to have a drink with friends, and go to the movies or so, but I do that to have fun with my friends. Not to get a date.

:love:

Yeah, even now, In the rare case that anyone is around, we just go out for fun, I've been pretty lucky , in my group of friends nobody really goes out to just 'pick up'...we're all out for a good time, and if something happens, it happens!

I met her on a dating site, and we exchange e-mail for a few days, and after a few more days we both exchanged e-mails and started chatting on MSN for...make a month or so? before decideding to meet in person. The rest is history I suppose, 21 months ago....far out, that's gone quick...The only problem that's getting harder is the two hour distance between us.

Yeah, here it's like, 90% or so of the cars are manual. I heard it's the other way around in the States, not sure how it's in the rest of the world! :lol:
You just gotta get used to the clutch a bit.

:giggle: Well, that it's good for me cause I'm actually female okay. But you're a guy. You're supposed to drive wildly and recklessly and go maaaaaaaaad!

no seriously, you got a great attitude. :up: Responsible driver!

I'd say probably 90% are auto :lol: Well, maybe a little less. But most are.

:lol: I'm supposed to I know but I get a little.. edgy. That's why I will try not to drive with my mates, who prefer to hoon a bit, cos they'll just either laugh or fall asleep.

Haha thanks :D

There are some seriously seedy blokes that kick around in those clubs.

:love:

Yeah, even now, In the rare case that anyone is around, we just go out for fun, I've been pretty lucky , in my group of friends nobody really goes out to just 'pick up'...we're all out for a good time, and if something happens, it happens!

I met her on a dating site, and we exchange e-mail for a few days, and after a few more days we both exchanged e-mails and started chatting on MSN for...make a month or so? before decideding to meet in person. The rest is history I suppose, 21 months ago....far out, that's gone quick...The only problem that's getting harder is the two hour distance between us.

That is how I want all nights to be. Nights get worse if picking up is the sole goal.

Ah okay, nice story :up: I might go there.. but yeah getting past my own stigma might be a little tough. I'm not even 19 yet though :lol:

Yeah the newer ones are a lot more user friendly, the clutching is easier too, especially in diesels. My Granpa's old Mazda was manual.. hell to drive.

diesels FTW!

If I ever have enough spare cash for a car, its going to be little Astra or a Corolla or something. I'd prefer the Astra, you can get them i Diesel, about 1,000km to the tank :dance:

diesels FTW!

If I ever have enough spare cash for a car, its going to be little Astra or a Corolla or something. I'd prefer the Astra, you can get them i Diesel, about 1,000km to the tank :dance:

Yeah Dad drove an Astra around from work for about a week and he was getting like 4km per 100 litres. Didn't fill up for the week, and he did a lot of kms.

Only thing is a diesel engine sounds very strange in such a small car :lol:

Back
Top Bottom