Gross, Nebraska Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Ugh, reading the tour forum presale thread is frustrating. Some of those knobs should stick with stalking the band to their hotel and leave the GAs for people who actually want to hear music but have Breathe/Boots codes.

God I hope I don't bump into any of them in Dublin or they may just get some comments that would cause me to be banned if I posted them here.

Ugh, reading the tour forum presale thread is frustrating. Some of those knobs should stick with stalking the band to their hotel and leave the GAs for people who actually want to hear music but have Breathe/Boots codes.

God I hope I don't bump into any of them in Dublin or they may just get some comments that would cause me to be banned if I posted them here.

Haha! That's true. I hope there will be tickets left for tomorrow. God, I'm nervous.

I read on u2acthung.com that people were able to use their codes more than once to get tickets. And the pre-sales started one hour earlier than announced. Way to go, U2.com and ticket resellers. (edit: this is all in reference to Paris, not Dublin!).

you know, i think as highly of some of these people as you do.

but if they have a presale code, they have just as much right to buy tickets as you.

Haha! That's true. I hope there will be tickets left for tomorrow. God, I'm nervous.

I read on u2acthung.com that people were able to use their codes more than once to get tickets. And the pre-sales started one hour earlier than announced. Way to go, U2.com and ticket resellers.

I don't mean to say some fans are better than others, but that's within the subset of fans who are actually fans of the music. The obsessive stalker types deserve nothing, but frustratingly all seem to be Horizon subscribers. It'd be nice to intentionally mislead them one day and screw them out of a gig ...

Yeah, apparently the codes have been re-usable, but it's probably not a smart move to try it. The different countries clearly haven't got any sort of automatic process in place to check if a code has been used already, but if they cross-check their records, people who re-use their codes could be fucked and get their tickets cancelled. (I somehow got away with this on Vertigo, but I have no desire to relive the nerves I felt leading up to the gigs that my tickets would scan as invalid.)

I read on u2acthung.com that people were able to use their codes more than once to get tickets. And the pre-sales started one hour earlier than announced. Way to go, U2.com and ticket resellers. (edit: this is all in reference to Paris, not Dublin!).

:hug: Best of luck! I'm sure you'll be fine!

you know, i think as highly of some of these people as you do.

but if they have a presale code, they have just as much right to buy tickets as you.

I don't see why they even want tickets. It's free to hang out outside a hotel. But I guess they have to compulsively take every opportunity to catch a glimpse of Bono's cock.

I don't mean to say some fans are better than others, but that's within the subset of fans who are actually fans of the music. The obsessive stalker types deserve nothing, but frustratingly all seem to be Horizon subscribers. It'd be nice to intentionally mislead them one day and screw them out of a gig ...

Yeah, apparently the codes have been re-usable, but it's probably not a smart move to try it. The different countries clearly haven't got any sort of automatic process in place to check if a code has been used already, but if they cross-check their records, people who re-use their codes could be fucked and get their tickets cancelled. (I somehow got away with this on Vertigo, but I have no desire to relive the nerves I felt leading up to the gigs that my tickets would scan as invalid.)

I wouldn't risk buying tickets more than once. What annoys me is that these multiple orders will not be cancelled by tomorrow, which means less tickets for presales.

I needed to ask you, Ali and GG2 which tickets we should go for in case GAs are sold out by tomorrow.

:hug: Best of luck! I'm sure you'll be fine!

Thanks! :hug:

I needed to ask you, Ali and GG2 which tickets we should go for in case GAs are sold out by tomorrow.

I'm happy with the best seats.

Now, which show are we each going to try for? It'd be nice to know which is selling fastest, so that you can hit it with your Breathe membership and then I'll tackle the other ...

Doesn't help that they're Friday/Saturday shows. If it were, say, Thursday/Friday, you could safely say the Friday show's probably selling faster.

I'm happy with the best seats.

Now, which show are we each going to try for? It'd be nice to know which is selling fastest, so that you can hit it with your Breathe membership and then I'll tackle the other ...

Doesn't help that they're Friday/Saturday shows. If it were, say, Thursday/Friday, you could safely say the Friday show's probably selling faster.

Best seats are fine with me as well. I'm not sure about which show is selling out faster. Not sure if anecdotal evidence from interference will make for reliable predictions....

Best seats are fine with me as well. I'm not sure about which show is selling out faster. Not sure if anecdotal evidence from interference will make for reliable predictions....

It's hard to even say "go for That Show because it's likely to be better" ... the third show is the one that applies to. The first gig could get something interesting in the set (e.g. ASOH at the first Slane gig), but second shows are usually superior in most cities.

I guess you go for Dublin I and I'll go for Dublin II?

Why can't it be tomorrow already. I'm all kinds of nervous. Stopping reading the tour forum and its dunces might be a good start.

It's hard to even say "go for That Show because it's likely to be better" ... the third show is the one that applies to. The first gig could get something interesting in the set (e.g. ASOH at the first Slane gig), but second shows are usually superior in most cities.

I guess you go for Dublin I and I'll go for Dublin II?

Why can't it be tomorrow already. I'm all kinds of nervous. Stopping reading the tour forum and its dunces might be a good start.

Yep, Dublin I for me then. I'm super nervous already.... But I'm sure we'll get something at least - worst case scenario it's not GAs, but something!!!

How come you need them? I thought we were covered as far as tickets go.

:reject: Remember the cute U2 fan at the recordstore? Well, he tried to get tickets for himself and his dad and didn't get any.

I told him I'd try for him, and now I got his email. :shifty:

Just got back from getting my NLOTH vinyl, with his apologies. Apparently it arrived last week and his coworker said he already called me. :grumpy: I got a call yesterday cause the cute guy thought it was weird that I hadn't picked it up within a day yet. :lol: He already knows me well!

Well, now that I've stopped reading/bitching about the tour forum, let me just say it'll be cool to see Kim and Charlotte in Dublin. :up:

:reject: Remember the hot U2 fan at the recordstore? Well, he tried to get tickets for himself and his dad and didn't get any.

I told him I'd try for him, and now I got his email. :shifty:

Just got back from getting my NLOTH vinyl, with his apologies. Apparently it arrived last week and his coworker said he already called me. :grumpy: I got a call yesterday cause the cute guy thought it was weird that I hadn't picked it up within a day yet. :lol: He already knows me well!

Aha! :laugh: So you'd just abandon Alison and I, huh? :wink:

Way to go, co-worker.

Well, now that I've stopped reading/bitching about the tour forum, let me just say it'll be cool to see Kim and Charlotte in Dublin. :up:

Aha! :laugh: So you'd just abandon Alison and I, huh? :wink:

Way to go, co-worker.

I wouldn't abandon you!!!!

:reject: maybe a little.

Well no, I'm trying to get GA's for him so they can join us, or if they don't want to get up early, they can go separately.
I'm just trying to be nice!! :shifty: Totally no other intentions or anything!

I wouldn't abandon you!!!!

:reject: maybe a little.

Well no, I'm trying to get GA's for him so they can join us, or if they don't want to get up early, they can go separately.
I'm just trying to be nice!! :shifty: Totally no other intentions or anything!

In any case you only want to give her one ticket. Why give the guy the possibility of bringing someone else?

Edit: just realized it was his dad.

Anyways, I don't think you'll want him to bring his dad (because of your second intentions)!

In any case you only want to give her one ticket. Why give the guy the possibility of bringing someone else?

Edit: just realized it was his dad.

Anyways, I don't think you'll want him to bring his dad (because of your second intentions)!

:lol: Her???

Well, if I give him one ticket, I'm sure he'll pass and give it to his dad instead. Cause he's nice like that. So I'd need a ticket for his dad too. :lol:

And I can behave. :mac: if I want to!

Wait a minute ... GG2, what Amsterdam show do you want two GAs to? Matthias bought two to Amsterdam II that he doesn't need and is going to trade. I don't know if he's traded them yet or has any specific purpose in mind, but I could ask ...?

Does anybody believe this?

... anybody ...?

Nah, didn't think so.

:grumpy: Fine.

No really, I'm just trying to help him out cause he's been so nice to me with the vinyl order and such. And if there's any benefit by helping him get tickets, well, can't complain about that no?

I asked him if they needed people, and he told me they might open a shop in my part of town. :D So he literally told me to come by more often and to keep bothering them.

Wait a minute ... GG2, what Amsterdam show do you want two GAs to? Matthias bought two to Amsterdam II that he doesn't need and is going to trade. I don't know if he's traded them yet or has any specific purpose in mind, but I could ask ...?

OH SHIT PLEASE DO!!!

It doesn't matter which ones, as far as I know!!!

:lol: Her???

Well, if I give him one ticket, I'm sure he'll pass and give it to his dad instead. Cause he's nice like that. So I'd need a ticket for his dad too. :lol:

And I can behave. :mac: if I want to!

I'm sure that was a Freudian slip!

It shall be EPIC. In fact, I might just draw a picture tomorrow to illustrate just how epic is shall be.

Haha, awesome.

I just hope we have enough time to do some stuff! Obviously the 24th, 25th, and 27th are taken up with the gigs ... Alison, GG2, and I will probably head to Northern Ireland for a day to visit the Giant's Causeway and other such stuff, and I'm thinking of heading over to Galway for the last day of their Arts Festival on the 26th ...

Back
Top Bottom