Gross, Nebraska Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
i'm around, although i'm not far from getting ready for my one hour on the bus, 40 minute class and then 90 minutes on the bus again.

how goes the tour planning?

:wave: good to see you! how are things?

tour planning is going well. I'm stressed about getting both Dublin AND Paris tickets tomorrow but it should be fine!

:wave: good to see you! how are things?

tour planning is going well. I'm stressed about getting both Dublin AND Paris tickets tomorrow but it should be fine!

i'm good, can't believe i'm finally enjoying uni...it's only taken three years, lol.

ah, you should be fine. it might not be as easy as it seemed to be today, but i think it'll work out. i'm looking forward to seeing how boots subscribers go, because i'm planning to get a membership for the expected 2010 leg in north america.

i'm good, can't believe i'm finally enjoying uni...it's only taken three years, lol.

ah, you should be fine. it might not be as easy as it seemed to be today, but i think it'll work out. i'm looking forward to seeing how boots subscribers go, because i'm planning to get a membership for the expected 2010 leg in north america.

ha, it was the opposite for me. I enjoyed the first two years and then got bored. what do you study?

hopefully so. I think boots subscribers should be fine for most concerts, maybe dublin, ny and a few others will be difficult. i have a breathe code for dublin, fingers crossed here.

ha, it was the opposite for me. I enjoyed the first two years and then got bored. what do you study?

hopefully so. I think boots subscribers should be fine for most concerts, maybe dublin, ny and a few others will be difficult. i have a breathe code for dublin, fingers crossed here.

ha, the first two years were dreadful. it was rubbish like applied media ethics and intercultural communication. haven't met anyone that enjoyed that. now i'm majoring in radio, and it's great fun. we're tooling around with radio and writing scripts, while the other majors in television, pr and journalism are already freaking the fuck out.

yeah, i don't think we'll be looking at the big market concerts next year, but if they keep it to stadiums i think we'd probably even go ok in the general sale. since i've only ever seen them in a stadium, i don't care. as long as i'm in the same building, i'll be happy. especially because bof katie and i are quite happy with seats.

ha, the first two years were dreadful. it was rubbish like applied media ethics and intercultural communication. haven't met anyone that enjoyed that. now i'm majoring in radio, and it's great fun. we're tooling around with radio and writing scripts, while the other majors in television, pr and journalism are already freaking the fuck out.

yeah, i don't think we'll be looking at the big market concerts next year, but if they keep it to stadiums i think we'd probably even go ok in the general sale. since i've only ever seen them in a stadium, i don't care. as long as i'm in the same building, i'll be happy. especially because bof katie and i are quite happy with seats.

that sounds really interesting. i can see how media ethics and the other stuff can be dreadful, specially when you are just trying to learn about how media actually works! script-writing must be lots of fun.

do you know where you'll live in the states? i also don't care too much about where to be. i will generally go for ga because it's cheaper and good locations, but i also got seats for the concert i'll see with my wife in the summer. she had a terrible time in ga last time around, and she's short, so seats are the way to go for her.

that sounds really interesting. i can see how media ethics and the other stuff can be dreadful, specially when you are just trying to learn about how media actually works! script-writing must be lots of fun.

do you know where you'll live in the states? i also don't care too much about where to be. i will generally go for ga because it's cheaper and good locations, but i also got seats for the concert i'll see with my wife in the summer. she had a terrible time in ga last time around, and she's short, so seats are the way to go for her.
if i remember media ethics correctly - and i may not, as i didn't attend many classes - it was more about ethical theories rather than any relation to media. we're only now learning how media works. script writing is alright, except i have to write a comedy one for tomorrow, and i suck at scripting being funny.

we're like 99% likely to either be in memphis or pennsylvania. memphis is conveniently central without being in the really crap parts of the country, and pennslyvania speaks for itself. i'd expect either a pittsburgh :drool: or philadelphia show next time they come through. since we're not expecting to go to many shows, we can take the higher ticket price. plus, i'm not super tall, but i'm much taller than her, so...yeah, that goes without saying too.

if i remember media ethics correctly - and i may not, as i didn't attend many classes - it was more about ethical theories rather than any relation to media. we're only now learning how media works. script writing is alright, except i have to write a comedy one for tomorrow, and i suck at scripting being funny.

we're like 99% likely to either be in memphis or pennsylvania. memphis is conveniently central without being in the really crap parts of the country, and pennslyvania speaks for itself. i'd expect either a pittsburgh :drool: or philadelphia show next time they come through. since we're not expecting to go to many shows, we can take the higher ticket price. plus, i'm not super tall, but i'm much taller than her, so...yeah, that goes without saying too.

I think ethics in media is one of those things that sound great but are very hard to implement (and can only be done by media professionals themselves, not the state).

I would be completely unable to write a comedy script. Oh the pressure. What is yours about?

Both Pittsburgh and Memphis sound fun. I guess Pittsburgh is closer to several other places, but Memphis should have a nice mix of North and South, no? I may be moving to the states soon as well, hopefully in the second semester (to NY).

:wave: how is it going?

Not bad. In love with my birthday present. Scored a phone number from a friend who says this guy Dave is perfect for me. If only his last name was Evans, :wink:

I think ethics in media is one of those things that sound great but are very hard to implement (and can only be done by media professionals themselves, not the state).

I would be completely unable to write a comedy script. Oh the pressure. What is yours about?

Both Pittsburgh and Memphis sound fun. I guess Pittsburgh is closer to several other places, but Memphis should have a nice mix of North and South, no? I may be moving to the states soon as well, hopefully in the second semester (to NY).

exactly. we didn't even cover that. the paper was a waste, what i'm learning now, actual media law is a far better way of covering. no point teaching us a sense of right and wrong if you're going to turn around and tell us to forget it in journalism, what's the point?

god, the pressure is there. i can be funny in conversation. we're supposed to write a parody news bulletin. 10 draft stories, four of which must be good. i have zero. nothing.

memphis is nice. it's about as far south as you can go before everything is fucked. i'd agree with you, a nice mix. one thing i will say, in my entire time there, be it in california or tennessee, i met one asshole. and that was some woman from california who didn't even say hello when she sat next to me on the plane. i either had good luck, or the people are really nice. i'm inclined to believe it's the latter.

ooooh, good luck. hope you get there. i'll be beginning the trek across to the states in november, we should aim to meet up at some point.

Not bad. In love with my birthday present. Scored a phone number from a friend who says this guy Dave is perfect for me. If only his last name was Evans, :wink:

Ha, good luck with him! What's going on with superthreaders recently, by the way? It's love all over! :lol:

exactly. we didn't even cover that. the paper was a waste, what i'm learning now, actual media law is a far better way of covering. no point teaching us a sense of right and wrong if you're going to turn around and tell us to forget it in journalism, what's the point?

god, the pressure is there. i can be funny in conversation. we're supposed to write a parody news bulletin. 10 draft stories, four of which must be good. i have zero. nothing.

memphis is nice. it's about as far south as you can go before everything is fucked. i'd agree with you, a nice mix. one thing i will say, in my entire time there, be it in california or tennessee, i met one asshole. and that was some woman from california who didn't even say hello when she sat next to me on the plane. i either had good luck, or the people are really nice. i'm inclined to believe it's the latter.

ooooh, good luck. hope you get there. i'll be beginning the trek across to the states in november, we should aim to meet up at some point.

I'm sure you'll manage with the stories. But I can see the pressure. Have you seen the series "Studio 60 on Sunset Strip"? I love Aaron Sorkin so I was one of the few people who actually liked the series. Matthew Perry plays a screenwriter for a Saturday Night Live type of show and there are great parts on writers' block and all that. Very funny!
I've only been to New Orleans in the South, which I loved. People were super nice.

I'll keep you posted on my plans, we should definitely plan to meet if everything works for me in terms of moving!

Good morning, Superthread.

:wave: Ax! 10h30min to go.

Ha, good luck with him! What's going on with superthreaders recently, by the way? It's love all over! :lol:
How can you not love a puppeh? :cute: Whether Dave and I work out, meh. I don't know what to say to the dude.

:wave: Ax! 10h30min to go.

:nervous:

God I hope we pull this off. I think you might be OK with your Breathe subscription, but I'm worried about getting anything good with this Boots subscription of mine!

I'm sure you'll manage with the stories. But I can see the pressure. Have you seen the series "Studio 60 on Sunset Strip"? I love Aaron Sorkin so I was one of the few people who actually liked the series. Matthew Perry plays a screenwriter for a Saturday Night Live type of show and there are great parts on writers' block and all that. Very funny!
I've only been to New Orleans in the South, which I loved. People were super nice.

I'll keep you posted on my plans, we should definitely plan to meet if everything works for me in terms of moving!

oh god, i always meant to watch that. i expect i'll come up with stories that are at least as good (see: bad) as the ones that were actually broadcast on the radio.

excellent :D

You know, I tried a bit of relationship advice and then came Liam:

What does Lame Bean know, anyway? He fucks potatoes.

Dave's a Pink Floyd fan. Enjoys The Wall film with Geldof. There's a start, I suppose. :shrug:

:nervous:

God I hope we pull this off. I think you might be OK with your Breathe subscription, but I'm worried about getting anything good with this Boots subscription of mine!

I have a good feeling we'll manage.

Do you realize we'll be buying 12 U2 tickets tomorrow if everything goes as planned. I would be easier just to transfer my salary to their accounts every month...

Studio 60 :drool: Loved that show.

I have a good feeling we'll manage.

Do you realize we'll be buying 12 U2 tickets tomorrow if everything goes as planned. I would be easier just to transfer my salary to their accounts every month...

... fucking hell, we will be too. That's obscene. At least we'll be getting paid back for most of them!

It would be easier just to transfer my salary to their accounts every month...
I feel exactly the same way whenever I get something U2-related. :lol: I should just write a cheque for £100 paid to Adam Clayton every month. Cut out a whole bunch of middle men.

Back
Top Bottom