Gropecunt Lane, England Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Flash games, ftw :hi5: bored.com has some good ones.

I've always had an idea for creating a Green Day flash game based on stuff in their song lyrics, but I'm pretty sure I don't have the patience to code something like that.

Flash is headache inducing, that's for sure.

Ok, the quality of this, and the playback is PERFECT on the .mov file I created...but youtube put it to shit. Please try to enjoy anyways. The last bit is SUPPOSED to say "Happy End"

YouTube - The Respectable Hearse Race

So... I love how the torrent I'm downloading says it's gonna take 3 more days.... And that's for FLAC files which I won't even be able to put on my iPod unless I can figure out how to burn them to an audio cd and re-rip them....

Why wouldn't you be able to play them? converting FLAC to mp3 is simple.

I didn't think you wanted to convert, I thought you wanted to play them AS flac.

Do you have Winamp?

No. Do I need it?

Well, what I wanted to do was to burn them to a cd so I could rip them into iTunes as I'd heard once that flac was unconvertable.

No. Do I need it?

Well, what I wanted to do was to burn them to a cd so I could rip them into iTunes as I'd heard once that flac was unconvertable.

Winamp has a plugin that 1) Can play flac files and 2) Can convert them to MP3 or other extensions IIRC

It's what I use for all my bootlegs

:madwife: Damn universe! Always plotting against me! Fine, so I can't go to Opening Night. But the way you seem to be operating, the week I CAN go to Berkeley, that'll probably be the week Green Day's tour blows into SLC, won't it? Damn you, universe!

:fully expects to now be karma-thwapped: :reject:

Well, I don't need help yet as the flac torrent says it's still 3 days away from being downloaded. Heh. If it was mp3s it'd almost be done by now I bet.

Dang it, I can't find the post where I asked a question that confused the hell out of LMP. That was funny...

Liz+p+3.png

I am back, having booked and paid for my flights to Europe. :hyper:

(Good god I feel poor now.)

Andrew, I've noticed your FLAC posts. You've just posted about it whenever I haven't been here! (And I've forgotten about it when you've shown up.)

FLAC's a piece of piss. The codec itself converts both ways between WAV (i.e. uncompressed CD audio) and FLAC. Then you convert WAV to MP3 the same way you'd convert any CD, since it's now just like any CD. I use iTunes personally.

As Ashley's linked, there are also codecs to convert directly from FLAC to MP3, which I've never used, and some audio players can play FLAC as it is (pretty sure VLC player is one, since it can play virtually anything you throw at it).

This is why I don't bother with torrents and just tie up Axver's intarwebz with file requests :D

This is why I don't bother with torrents and just tie up Axver's intarwebz with file requests :D

Most torrents AREN'T in flac form, but when it comes to bootlegs and such, this is how they're mostly going to be found.

Hey, Axxo, how goes it?

Better than normal, for a change!

:laugh:

Torrents are actually dead simple ... though now that I'm using my Mac full-time, I need to find a torrent client I like. Bit Tornado rules, but last time I checked, it's Windows only.

Any reason you switched over to mac permanently?

I'd been meaning to for a while, since my two Macs own my PC in terms of performance. However, I was kind of comfortable on my PC despite all its faults.

On Friday, though, the PC gave out. I think its power supply is the fault rather than the motherboard or anything being fried (basically, even when the computer's plugged in, trying to turn it on achieves exactly the same result as if it were not plugged in!), so that forced my hand.

I'm going to see if the PC's fault is repairable since I'd like it as backup, but that's it.

:wave: Hello again. I just rode a horse for the first time in ever. It was goodtimes.

It also occurred to me how great it would be to own a shirt which just said :fuckyeah: on the front. Or is that just me? :shrug:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom