Grizzly, Oregon, United States, Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
59-52 to Hawks, 15 mins to go in 3rd quarter. Not sure if this is live though ... I assumed 30 min delay since the game's being played here in Melbourne.

Still, Richmond seem to be doing fairly well.

15-9 now! Thank god Danny got that kick over!

Let's have some more wine.

Last quarter about to start! Only 9 points in it. :hyper:

I just really want Port to lose.

I want Fitzroy Brisbane to win for my mother's sake, really. Plus I just don't care at all about Port either way.

Yes! Yes!

All Blacks score a fucking try!

A fucking great try!

Yeeeesssssss.

ALL BLACKS LEAD! Danny nails the conversion, it's 16-15 to New Zealand!

Here we fucking come!

Australia back in front now through a penalty, 18-16. Jesus. This game is really alive right now.

Oh god, heart in mouth right now. 2 points behind, 8 minutes to go, we have some momentum ...

Brisbane are in front! By one point! What a thriller. 11:16 on the clock!

Daniel Carter, that is the WORST attempt at a drop goal you have ever made in your life.

IN. YOUR. LIFE.

HOLY SHIT!!! Bradshaw nails another, Lions are up by 7 points! Still 10-minutes remaining!

Danny, you have redeemed yourself!

19-18 to New Zealand, just a couple of minutes to go ...!

McGrath to seal it ... HE DOES!

Just about game over! Port have choked the mother of all chokes, and may be the laughing stock of the season!

NEW ZEALAND WINS!

NEW ZEALAND WINS BY A POINT!

WE FUCKING DID IT! WHAT A GAME.

clf

Holy shit, that second half of rugby was intense, great viewing. Australia put on an epic fucking charge at the end and came so close to scoring a try, but oh my god, what defence by the All Blacks. Absolutely heart-in-mouth.

Oh god, just so relieved we won. We haven't lost three games in a row since 1998, and we're not starting now!

Plus this means we retain the Bledisloe Cup, which we've held since 2003. Awww yeah.

Now, Hawthorn vs Richmond ... I kind of lost track of that in the last 15 minutes.

I deem this a worthy occasion to dig into some of what I have left of this amazing blackberry chocolate we found in Zurich that is the single best thing I have eaten in my life.

And I see Hawks are 19 in front. C'mon Tigers! I'd love a draw, haha.

Oh yeah, speaking of Wellington-coloured teams and winning by a point - my very own Wellington held onto the Ranfurly Shield today, beating Auckland by a solitary point, 16-15!

I know the final score between Hawks and Tigers, but i'll put it in a spoiler. :D

Richmond - 93 (I think)
Hawthorn - 135

Buddy kicked 5. Dowler 4.
Morton 3.

Not looking yet, though outcome's obvious ... 129-92 with only a couple of minutes to go. Man, Richmond, way to fade at the end.

Haha! I got flamed by a Port supporter on a football forum for saying that Port's loss was the mother of all chokes and that I agreed with Dwayne Russell that it was the lowest point in their AFL history.

I got called a troll! Isn't that original. Poor, grumpy old Port fan. :D

So, Hawks win by 42. And apparently they have finals hopes still alive?!

Back
Top Bottom