Grizzly, Oregon, United States, Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm begrudgingly admitting that I like NLOTH more than I have in the last couple months.

Also, Axver, I did move it to 3rd favorite of the year above PRR.

Really? NLOTH has actually slipped for me. AVO is now my no-contest favourite album of the year.

Really? NLOTH has actually slipped for me. AVO is now my no-contest favourite album of the year.

yeah, I finally fessed up to myself that I like it more than I let on, and was trying to compensate with love for AVO that I didn't QUITE feel. (That doesn't mean I don't like the album, not atall, God, I love AVO).

Fez, White As Snow, and NLOTH II are the only three songs that are really rating highly for me now. Some of the others are pretty good songs and all, but nothing I'm in a terrible hurry to play.

What are your top two albums?

Fez, White As Snow, and NLOTH II are the only three songs that are really rating highly for me now. Some of the others are pretty good songs and all, but nothing I'm in a terrible hurry to play.

What are your top two albums?

I'm REALLY in love with MOS, UC, Crazy Tonight, WAS, and Breathe right now.

Yeah Yeah Yeahs - It's Blitz, and The Horrors - Primary Colours. The Horrors might eventually drop under U2, but I doubt it.

Crazy Tonight was growing on me ... then the band went and did the live remix. The album version just sounds painfully piss-weak now.

I need to listen to that Horrors album again.

My current top three for 2009:
1. PRR - AVO
2. dredg - The Pariah, The Parrot, The Delusion
3. Amesoeurs - Amesoeurs

NLOTH may be at fifth or sixth or so.

Crazy Tonight was growing on me ... then the band went and did the live remix. The album version just sounds painfully piss-weak now.

I need to listen to that Horrors album again.

My current top three for 2009:
1. PRR - AVO
2. dredg - The Pariah, The Parrot, The Delusion
3. Amesoeurs - Amesoeurs

NLOTH may be at fifth or sixth or so.

I thought I'd never enjoy the studio version again after that, then that ADORABLE video came out XD.

You never did tell me if you liked it or not, just that it sounded nothing like Joy Division :lol:.

I WANT to try and listen to dredg, but Napster doesn't have it, I guess I could just hit it up on imeem though :hmm:.

I thought I'd never enjoy the studio version again after that, then that ADORABLE video came out XD.

You never did tell me if you liked it or not, just that it sounded nothing like Joy Division :lol:.

I WANT to try and listen to dredg, but Napster doesn't have it, I guess I could just hit it up on imeem though :hmm:.

I have not seen the video.

Oh I enjoyed it. It was a good album. Just the Joy Division comparisons seem fairly misplaced, or at least are not made by Unknown Pleasures junkies such as myself.

Pariah, Gathering Pebbles, Information, and I Don't Know are great tracks. It's a far cry from what dredg used to be, but it's their most consistent album ever and I'm quite fond of it. I personally would enjoy a return to their earlier, heavier style, but it would certainly reduce some of the wider appeal they're gaining now.

So why haven't I listened to Wavering Radiant by Isis more.

They're apparently going to be in Australia next year for a festival or two. They better do their own headlining gig in Melbourne too! Pissed I missed them in 2007.

Sorry about that, Britt wanted her computer back.

Anyways, I heard Isis' album, it was great musically, but I HATED the vocals.

Just wait until I make you listen to Demilich!

It put back me getting into death metal by about 2-3 years.

Seriously, their album, Nespithe, is available for free! Download one song and listen to the vocalist burp growl away!

Now there's deathburps?

Haha, yes. And some elitist metalheads will tell you it's the definitive death metal album.

Maybe if you've just savoured a great three course dinner and want some fitting metal to express your gastronomic feelings ...

If I ever find a band with deathvomit for vocals, I'll let you know.

Actually, I think Nile might qualify as having guitar, bass, drums, and DEATHBARF.

Which is a shame, since some of their music has a kind of cool Egyptian tinge (shock, given their name), but the vocals completely ruin any chance of me listening to them.

On this appetising note, I'm out for the night. :wave:

That's a hell of a thing to read first thing in the morning. :lol:
Since no one's here now, I might as well actually go be productive.

Ugh, curse the UK's timezone.

This U2 interview before the Sheffield broadcast ... Bono's coming across like a bit of a knob.

Back
Top Bottom