"Grey's Anatomy" there will be no wedding - Page 2 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 06-08-2007, 02:22 PM   #16
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 06:49 AM
Ok,

I have a brilliant idea

how the writers will save the show

Christina will be so devastated that Burke is gone that

she will just lay on the floor of the apartment for one whole episode

then she will lose her desire to practice medicine, for several episodes and become completely dysfunctional

eventually she will mustard up some courage and we will have one whole episode where she stands just outside the entrance of the hospital and we hang on every minute, will she go in or not

Old 06-08-2007, 02:32 PM   #17
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 09:49 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by deep
Ok,

I have a brilliant idea

how the writers will save the show

Christina will be so devastated that Burke is gone that

she will just lay on the floor of the apartment for one whole episode

then she will lose her desire to practice medicine, for several episodes and become completely dysfunctional

eventually she will mustard up some courage and we will have one whole episode where she stands just outside the entrance of the hospital and we hang on every minute, will she go in or not
Hah, good one deep.

Old 06-08-2007, 02:49 PM   #18
Blue Crack Supplier

Location: Gettin' hot in a photobooth....livin it up in Ikeaville
Local Time: 10:49 AM
Perhaps she'll go for a swim and hang out with Denny for a bit?
Old 06-08-2007, 08:21 PM   #19
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Will baking be involved?
Old 06-09-2007, 12:44 AM   #20
ONE
love, blood, life

Burke was a controlling emo bitch. Get the fuck off my hospital show
Old 06-09-2007, 09:08 AM   #21
Blue Crack Addict

people.com

A day after ABC announced that Isaiah Washington will not be returning to Grey's Anatomy, the show's star, Ellen Pompeo, says his dismissal was news to her.

"I woke up this morning and saw it just, I'm sure, along with everybody else," Pompeo told E!'s Ryan Seacrest in an interview Friday. "It doesn't really have a tremendous lot to do with me. So, you know, whatever is meant to be is meant to be and whatever is going to happen is going to happen – so you just have to roll with the punches."

Added Pompeo with a laugh: "They [the producers] are very secretive about things for obvious reasons: I guess actors have big mouths."

Despite the news, though, Pompeo told Seacrest that she's anticipating the show's upcoming season – though she's not sure about many of the plot points.

"I hope the quality of the writing is good and I hope the fans stay with us," she said in the interview. "We have such an amazing support group of fans and I hope we can, you know, maintain the quality for the fans and just continue to put out quality television."
Old 06-09-2007, 09:15 AM   #22
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Originally posted by MrsSpringsteen
people.com

A day after ABC announced that Isaiah Washington will not be returning to Grey's Anatomy, the show's star, Ellen Pompeo, says his dismissal was news to her.

"I woke up this morning and saw it just, I'm sure, along with everybody else," Pompeo told E!'s Ryan Seacrest in an interview Friday. "It doesn't really have a tremendous lot to do with me. So, you know, whatever is meant to be is meant to be and whatever is going to happen is going to happen – so you just have to roll with the punches."

Added Pompeo with a laugh: "They [the producers] are very secretive about things for obvious reasons: I guess actors have big mouths."

Despite the news, though, Pompeo told Seacrest that she's anticipating the show's upcoming season – though she's not sure about many of the plot points.

"I hope the quality of the writing is good and I hope the fans stay with us," she said in the interview. "We have such an amazing support group of fans and I hope we can, you know, maintain the quality for the fans and just continue to put out quality television."
So Ellen, you're supposed to hype your show...especially when you're the main character. You just basically admitted your show is shit and asked for pity viewing. You rock.
Old 06-09-2007, 01:28 PM   #23
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 06:49 AM
I read an article in the L A Times

and the producers said she wanted to

"burn it all down"

so they could have a new beginning.

This could be something good, in real life we have relationships, some work and some do not.

If we are lucky we learn from them and move on and have productive full lives.

In shows like "Sex and the City" she is always pining for 'Mr Big'.

What a wasted life.

In real life people that don't move on are called "stalkers".
Old 06-09-2007, 02:09 PM   #24
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 07:49 AM
surprised that he's leaving? no. surprised they're continuing the show without him? yes.

and deep, i like your first post on the page
Old 06-09-2007, 02:58 PM   #25
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Quote:
Originally posted by Canadiens1160
Burke was a controlling emo bitch. Get the fuck off my hospital show

which is just like real cardiothoracic surgeons.
Old 06-09-2007, 08:39 PM   #26
War Child

I feel like Burke was an expendable character, honestly. He was only really interesting when he was with Christina--and she's not going anywhere. I expected him to get canned sooner or later, and I'm just glad that it happened after the season ended and not just an abrupt departure.

I also happen to like George, Izzie, and Callie. I just think that they need to have some resolution or, at least, a new twist in this "love triangle," because it's getting old quickly. I presume, though, that that "twist" will come at the beginning of Season 4, because that's usually when they come.

I respectfully think that people need to put this into perspective. A TV show shouldn't necessarily be about caving into viewer expectations or making all the characters squeaky clean and likable. I like the fact that Meredith can be a self-centered bitch. I like that Christina can be a cold-hearted robot. I happen to think that Callie and Izzie are two flawed, but very vibrant, interesting women for completely different reasons, and I find myself understanding why George is conflicted between the two. I think the show isn't burdened by these conflicts necessarily, but is burdened by the fact that a lot of these story lines have run its course and have been dragged on for too long.

I'm hoping that a lot of this will be rectified in the next season, but who knows?
Old 06-09-2007, 09:59 PM   #27
The Fly

Oh dang...I like Christina and Burke together. I was hoping that they would work it out and still get married.
Old 06-10-2007, 10:24 AM   #28
Blue Crack Addict

tvguide.com 6/8

Ausiello Report
Exclusive: Isaiah "Really Angry," Contemplates Lawsuit

Turns out, Isaiah Washington wasn't joking when, in response to being axed from Grey's Anatomy yesterday, he issued the Network-inspired statement, "I'm mad as hell, and I'm not going to take it anymore." In an exclusive interview, the actor's spokesperson, Howard Bragman, tells me, "Isaiah really is angry."

Particularly mystifying to the star is the timing of his ouster — months after he revived the F-word controversy by repeating the slur backstage at the Golden Globes. "If they wanted to fire him," Bragman asks, "why didn't they fire him when [the incident] happened? Why did they say, 'Here's what you need to do if you want to come back… ' and then, when he did everything that was asked of him, he still gets fired. Why do you treat somebody like that?"

"If you made a mistake, you acknowledged the mistake, you went into counseling, you met with the groups, you did the PSA, you did everything that was asked of you, and then they still kick you in the gut? How would you feel?"

While Bragman says there was no formal agreement with ABC that if Washington did X, Y and Z he could keep his job, "There was a discussion and it was agreed upon that this is what needs to be done to come back, and he did everything," he notes. "And, in fact, WE were the ones that pushed for the PSA."

Although Bragman won't rule out Washington taking possible legal action against ABC, he adds, "It would be premature to speculate. We have time to discuss that." (A rep for ABC studios declined to comment on a potential lawsuit, but a studio executive with knowledge of the TV biz says producers have the legal right to not pick up an actor's option – with or without cause.)

Might Washington, who is currently shooting the independent movie The Least of These in Los Angeles, make a brief return to Grey's to tie up Burke's loose ends? "That would be a question for ABC," Bragman says. "I certainly can't imagine they would tell him they're not renewing his contract and then ask him to come back and clean things up."

Folks, something tells me it's gonna be a long while before we get to say that other f-word about this story: finished.
Old 06-10-2007, 10:33 AM   #29
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by Ormus

I respectfully think that people need to put this into perspective. A TV show shouldn't necessarily be about caving into viewer expectations or making all the characters squeaky clean and likable. I like the fact that Meredith can be a self-centered bitch. I like that Christina can be a cold-hearted robot
I agree with you and I don't want them to cave to viewers or make the characters squeaky clean and likable either. I think the issue for me is that the characters and plotlines and writing have all strayed so far from the core of what made them appealing that it is starting to become cliche and stretch the bonds of credibility. The show should reflect that humans are seriously flawed and weak and all that, but that doesn't mean the characters have to lose the core essence of what made them appealing in the first place and do complete 360's. George was always my favorite character but I knew something was wrong when I started to despise him most of the time Of course perhaps you should despise even people you're crazy about, once in a while. But just things about them, not everything lol

I haven't given up on Grey's and I still look forward to next season.
Old 06-10-2007, 01:30 PM   #30
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by MrsSpringsteen

I agree with you and I don't want them to cave to viewers or make the characters squeaky clean and likable either. I think the issue for me is that the characters and plotlines and writing have all strayed so far from the core of what made them appealing that it is starting to become cliche and stretch the bonds of credibility.
Yeah, I don't mind that the characters can be unlikeable either, because that is real life. I think what's bugged me most about this last season isn't really the unlikeability but just how damn depressing the show became. I mean, Meredith alone is just ridiculous - give the woman a break already. The show was funny and quirky in the first season and they should get back to that. This constant sadness and melodrama is such a downer.