Grey's Anatomy, Season Three - Part 2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
liked seeing Christina show emotion finally, that was a great moment when Meredith woke up. didn't like that it seemed to take a little while for Meredith to want to live again...those parts dragged on for me until she admitted she stopped fighting.

kinda figured it would be her mom to go esp after Derek said it was on her head. all in all, good episode. Glad that George is still standing up for Callie...Izzie is being annoying right now. nice seeing Denny again for another episode.

evry_tiss_family_high_almon.jpg

Thats all I have to say right now.

My main beef with this show is that all the quirky moments that made this show entertaining and unique are long gone. Instead, we're given this slow moving plot and annoying characters. I may be in the minority, but it seems like it's just another show on tv now, with nothing special to offer.

LarryMullen's_POPAngel said:

I need the last song that was playing like, now. :sad:

If anyone has it, could they upload it for me?

Here you go:

http://w w w.you send it.com/transfer.php?action=download&ufid=1F7019DC3E4B9E9B

Take the spaces out.

Okay, I don't have any coherent thoughts right now, but I've been crying in front of the TV all. stinking. night. :lol:

I'm an emotional wreck right now! :lol: It was a great episode.

ThoraSEB said:
Okay, I don't have any coherent thoughts right now, but I've been crying in front of the TV all. stinking. night. :lol:

I'm an emotional wreck right now! :lol: It was a great episode.

You summed it up for me Thora! I think I went thru about 6 tissues and many tears :sad: :sad: :sad: But it was nice to see Denny for a good portion of the episode. Just those special moments :sad: :) :hug:

I knew it was about time for Meredith's mom to go. I liked that scene when they hugged and all :needstissue:

randhail said:
My main beef with this show is that all the quirky moments that made this show entertaining and unique are long gone. Instead, we're given this slow moving plot and annoying characters. I may be in the minority, but it seems like it's just another show on tv now, with nothing special to offer.

That's exactly what I keep trying to tell my wife. Remember when this show used to be funny?

I wish meridith would have died. How cool would that have been? Would they change the name of the show?

I agree that they need to add more humor and quirkiness back, but I still enjoy the show. I hope this will be the beginning of Christina reemerging as a better character, but I'm not holding my breath.

I still think it's better than most other shows, I care about the characters and have fondness for them.

I guess it's not on next week or it's a rerun, no preview. Either that or it's gone for a month or something.

randhail said:

I never thought it had anything special to offer to begin with. Sure it was a little different from the other ER shows, but to me it was nothing more than a expensive Soap Opera.

My wife watches this show, and being the good guy that I am, I usually hang around and watch it too....but most of the time I fall asleep.

Meredith is a horrible person in my book. She gets called Ordinary by her mother, and therefore, she doesn't care about her life or anyone else in it (Dempsey). Then there's Addision who has to gloat about everything, and then rip on her friends marriage while their friend is dying. Nice. I think George is the only likable person on that show, and even he can get extremely annoying.

I guess if this show didn't exist, it wouldn't give my wife and her friends anything to talk about.

^ I can totally understand were Meredith is coming from, I can relate so very well to the mother/daughter relationship they had. Her mother never had a kind word to say - even about her. Just to be called ordinary by your mother once when you want her to recognize you and be proud is enough to contemplate your own being.

MrsSpringsteen said:

I guess it's not on next week or it's a rerun, no preview. Either that or it's gone for a month or something.

It's off for 6 weeks. :(

I understand Meredith because I think she's a good example that sometimes, you can have the "perfect" life and the "perfect" guy but if you have 101 issues (and she has serious and debilitating abandonment issues), then just the fact you're with a McDreamy won't suddenly and miraculously fix all those other things. A lot of time women think that and it's never true. You have to be happy yourself first.

anitram said:

It's off for 6 weeks. :(

I understand Meredith because I think she's a good example that sometimes, you can have the "perfect" life and the "perfect" guy but if you have 101 issues (and she has serious and debilitating abandonment issues), then just the fact you're with a McDreamy won't suddenly and miraculously fix all those other things. A lot of time women think that and it's never true. You have to be happy yourself first.

Six weeks? :no:

I understand Meredith completely. She's not horrible, she's just trying to deal with some mammoth issues and herself at the same time. It's not an easy thing to do.

anitram said:

Absolutely, well said.

I don't think men understand how devastating that can be for a woman when your mother is like that, that hardly makes her a horrible person. It's not just women either, everyone has those parent issues-unless you have perfect parents or you're just in denial.

I can't believe it's off for 6 weeks, what will we do?

MrsSpringsteen said:

Absolutely, well said.

I don't think men understand how devastating that can be for a woman when your mother is like that, that hardly makes her a horrible person. It's not just women either, everyone has those parent issues-unless you have perfect parents or you're just in denial.

I can't believe it's off for 6 weeks, what will we do?

Devastating enough to let yourself die? For me, it has to be about moving on in life. Of course we want approval from those that love us, but you're not always going to get it. You HAVE to move on. Therapy can help.

I may have been a bit harsh in saying she is a horrible person, but her act of sucide was a horrible thing to do. It's selfish, and won't solve anything.

^ well she contimplated the thought of suicide. I can say from experience that her problems hit nail on the head for me. And it isn't easy to understand.

I too was abandoned by my biological father, never knew him never saw him. I too am sure I have half siblings like Meredith. When your own parent and the only one who has raised you doesn't think highly of you and makes you feel that with all you have accomplished the size of an ant. You fell hopeless. When you feel completely hopeless you want out. It took years and years of therapy for me to "learn to live with my mother and her serpent like mouth" plus an eating disorder thrown in there for good measure.

It wasn't until last night that I finally understood my husbands perspective of my relationship when they showed Derek yelling at Merediths mother. It wasn't easy for him either.

sorry to :blahblah: :blahblah: :blahblah: :blahblah: but I think it is important that people realize how this charachter ended up the way she was and how she will move on. When she looked at Derek and said she knew her mother was dead. It was a relief for her.

Glad you went to therapy. I've been there too (and still go), and I really think more people should. Too bad most people think that by going to a therapist there must be something really wrong with you. Not really. To me it's such a relief to just talk to someone who can listen, and give professional advice.

Anyway, I still think the show is lame : )

I have a neighbor who knows someone that works on the series.

she said Derek and Mer are going to have a huge fight.

and that Burke will console Mer and they will have a fling. :shrug:

Burke and Mer? EW. That is all.

Looks like they're bringing the show back earlier than April! Next ep is March 15. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom