Grey's Anatomy, Season Three - Part 2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wasn't surprised to see Denny, I read about it online. Denny is now on that show Weeds and he is dating Mary Louise Parker.

I think Izzie just blurted that out as one of those sort of trauma-induced things during which you say things that you think but ordinarily wouldn't say (not to mention she's sort of a queen of inappropriate speech). Not saying it was right of her to do so. I actually cried during and after her scene, not exactly sure why..

The drilling scene was awful :scream:

So perhaps we know now who "dies" but of course she really doesn't. Damn, I was really hoping for Burke :wink:

Last night was the first time I've ever watched this show. Wow. Just...wow.

I thought the woman who plays Izzy is a good actress. Maybe because I don't know the characters as well, I don't know Izzy's personality, but that speech she made, especially the "Believing that you can survive lets you survive" or something like that, made me cry.

But I just don't get the appeal of Meredith. Again, I'm new to the show, but on looks alone McDreamy's ex-wife has it all over Meredith. She's not going to die...the show would just be called "Anatomy" if she dies!

that was really good last night. I totally starting tearing up when I saw Derek carrying her from the water. Don't know why. Even at the end, I thought they can't kill her, can they? they're just tricking us right, like all shows do?? I like Callie a lot so I hope Izzy's comments don't cause George to doubt what he did. I hope their marriage survives. But somehow I don't think that will be the end of that storyline. Derek looked so emotional last night, it was just killer! :sad:

I had another thought. Burke pissed me off so much with his attitude towards Cristina. She wants to tell Mer that she's engaged before anyone else, and for some idiotic reason he can't seem to understand or respect that. Good god. His character is increasingly pissing me off, and I don't see why Cristina is staying with him - he has no compassion, and really does not understand women AT ALL.

We need to tell our "persons" about huge things like getting engaged, and it's baffling to me that he can't respect or understand that they need to be the first ones to know. Gah. :angry:

Burke is really patronizing to Cristina. I hate their relationship. Whenever they disagree about something, he treats her like a child, cuts her out of surgeries to teach her a lesson, etc. He's a horrible, boring character and she was infinitely more interesting without him.

anitram said:
Burke is really patronizing to Cristina. I hate their relationship. Whenever they disagree about something, he treats her like a child, cuts her out of surgeries to teach her a lesson, etc. He's a horrible, boring character and she was infinitely more interesting without him.

I agree 100%. Cristina started out as a strong and interesting character- now she's a sniveling subordinate, and annoying and dull. And it's all because of a man. Ugh.

Diane L said:
Last night was the first time I've ever watched this show. Wow. Just...wow.

I thought the woman who plays Izzy is a good actress. Maybe because I don't know the characters as well, I don't know Izzy's personality, but that speech she made, especially the "Believing that you can survive lets you survive" or something like that, made me cry.

But I just don't get the appeal of Meredith. Again, I'm new to the show, but on looks alone McDreamy's ex-wife has it all over Meredith. She's not going to die...the show would just be called "Anatomy" if she dies!

Good one to catch as your first show.

I found the blog from the writer of Grey's on http://www.greyswriters.com . I thought it was interesting what she had to say and worth posting in here.

Drowning on Dry Land...
So, yeah, that was Denny and Dylan.

I’m trying to be all casual about it.

Like I don’t care.

Like, you know, Denny and Dylan, whatever…I’m cool, I’m good.

But I almost hugged Jeffrey Dean Morgan to death when he arrived on set. He was nice about it considering the restraining order he should have taken out against me during Season Two. I was glad to see him. And I was glad to see Kyle Chandler who was gracious enough to fly out here and film on one of his very few days off from the very well-written Friday Night Lights.

See, I miss Denny and Dylan. A lot. So it was nice to see them for a moment, wasn’t it? Even if Meredith is dead?

You all have some pretty strong feelings about this. I’ve been reading your comments. STRONG feelings. Which I respect. Grey’s is in its third season and we’re doing something a little…different. It’s about time we did. Because, just as I said when you all shouted your horror about the Meredith/George sex, I remind you that we writers like to follow the characters here and we try very hard not to make story just to make story. We like to have a point. Meredith being dead is about…well, you will see what it is about next week. She was in pain, this girl. And…

…okay, I don’t want to talk about that. Meredith being dead at the end of this episode. I can’t. Not yet.

What I want to talk about is the other interns. Because they all take some truly interesting journeys. Izzie and Alex especially. Izzie’s is one my favorites. I didn’t come up with the “rock star” line and I wasn’t standing on set when it was shot but that was one of my favorite Katie Heigl moments this season. She’s good, that girl. What I like about Izzie is that, right now, she’s fighting for George. No one else agrees with her and she’s going about it all wrong but still…she truly believes her best friend is in trouble and she’s fighting to make him see it. It may be none of her business but when do we stay out of the business of those that we love? But I gotta admit, I adore Callie and in that moment, when Izzie tells George he made a mistake marrying Callie, I hate Izzie. Just hate her. But she’s a good person and she never holds her tongue and for that, I respect her. But will George?

It’s interesting to see Alex dealing with this Jane Doe and her horrible, painful to watch face. He’s got some growing to do, this guy and hopefully, we’ll see him begin to do that. Plus, I love the moment when he tells Addison that he’d notice if she went missing. I don’t know that they are in any way right for one another but it was a kind thing to say to a woman he has heat with. Cause, I don’t know if you noticed? But Addison’s lonely these days and a little bit adrift.

The most interesting one to watch this episode is Derek. I don’t know if you remember that in first season, he said to Meredith: “You were like coming up for fresh air. I was drowning and you saved me.” It was good to be able to call that back (everything comes back around eventually on this show, I find) and to see what happens when Meredith is drowning. He’s not Mer’s knight in shining whatever – he gets kicked out the trauma room where Richard and Bailey are working on her. He’s forced to sit out in the hall, helpless. And he’s seeing his worst nightmare come true. Because he’s realizing: Meredith has become so important to him and the prospect of losing her is terrifying. Who is he if he isn’t the guy who rescues Mer? Who is he when he can’t save a life?

Shoots With No Script was anxious about tonight. Not in an obvious way. In a Shoots With No Script kind of way. All under the surface and mellow. But I know he was. ‘Cause I was anxious too. We make these episodes and then we sit still, freaked out, and wait to see how it feels when it goes on the air. It’s a little like having to speak in public and we never get used to it. Because you all have a reaction. And we care about that.

Also, because Shoots With No Script and I are both a teensy bit neurotic. But you knew that…

-Shonda

thanks for the post there MissVelvet. Can't wait til next week.
In the meantime, I'll probably watcht the episode again tonight (I TiVoed it)

LarryMullen's_POPAngel said:
Great blog post.

I can admit I screamed and got teary when I saw Denny. And we all hated Izzy for that Callie thing. Callie's my girl, don't be messing with her, Izzy, as much as I love you. :angry:

:up:

Could it be that we will find out that George still has feelings for Meredith.

I really don't like it when Meredith and Dereks relationship is up in the air. I like it better when they are stable.:|

Wow was that episode last night intense or WHAT?!!!!!

I cannot wait until next week.

AND....I wish Izzie hadn't been so open and hadn't said the things she did.

just watched it-

meredith is NOT dead. i know it!! :no: she cant die...the show is named after her! (sorry if someone already said this, but i didnt really read the last page or 2)

and i'm glad that little girl found her mom and was happy :cute:

[q]Kate Walsh to leave ‘Grey's’ for spinoff
Shonda Rhimes reportedly to give neonatal surgeon her own show
Access Hollywood
Updated: 9:18 p.m. ET Feb 21, 2007

LOS ANGELES - It looks like “Grey’s Anatomy” is about to go under the knife to cut out one of its stars… and breathe easy, Ellen Pompeo fans, it’s got nothing to do with the recent fiery ferry crash.

ABC has decided to pursue a “Grey’s” spin-off with sexy neonatal surgeon Dr. Addison Montgomery-Shepherd (played by the lovely Kate Walsh) as the lead character, according to an article in the Wall Street Journal.

The pilot has yet to be finalized and “Grey’s” creator Shonda Rhimes has yet to decide on a title.

However, Rhimes recently filled the cast in on the idea and revealed she will write a special two-hour episode to serve as the pilot, with a likely debut in May, according to the report.Walsh joined the “Grey’s” cast in May 2005, appearing towards the end of the season one finale.

When contacted by Access Hollywood, ABC had no further comment beyond what was in the Wall Street Journal article.

In order to focus on the project, Rhimes has reportedly back-burnered “Correspondents,” another pilot she was working on starring Jeffrey Dean Morgan, who played Katherine Heigl’s patient love interest Denny Duquette.

“Correspondents” follows a group of female journalists as they travel around the country doing news stories together. Although, it would star Morgan, it would have nothing to do with the “Grey’s” franchise.

Copyright 2007 by NBC. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

URL: http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/17267164/[/q]

BonosLil'Pal94 said:
and i'm glad that little girl found her mom and was happy :cute:

I just thought of this ... do you think the girl reuniting with her mom foreshadows something about Meridith relationship with her mom.

people.com says Taye Diggs is also in the cast

By Gary Levin, USA TODAY
Addison may be hopping a ferry out of Seattle — and off of Grey's Anatomy.

ABC is considering a spinoff of its No. 1 drama around the character of OB/GYN Addison Montgomery (Kate Walsh).

Grey's creator Shonda Rhimes is preparing a two-hour episode for May to serve as the pilot. If the network approves, the spinoff will be considered for next fall's schedule.

An ABC spokeswoman confirmed the plan, first reported by TheWall Street Journal, but said the spinoff's plotline was being kept under wraps.

But a source with direct knowledge of the plan says that Addison, unhappy with ex-husband Derek "McDreamy" Shepherd and former lover Mark "McSteamy" Sloan (Eric Dane), will get an out-of-town job offer as this season ends. The two-part cliffhanger will have her mulling this new offer; if the spinoff goes forward, and it seems more likely than not, she'll start next season there. If it doesn't, she'll have decided not to take the offer and stay put at Seattle Grace.

The new show also would have an ensemble cast, but at this point it doesn't look as if any other Grey's actors would leave.

"I believe Addison is an ideal candidate for a spinoff, because she's become popular enough that people will follow her, yet she's still a relative unknown with an element of mystery," says Steve Marsi, 27, of Newton, Mass., co-owner of website greysanatomyinsider.com.

But fan Christine Burke, 21, of Washington, isn't sure she'd watch a spinoff. "I think I'd be willing to give it a shot because Shonda Rhimes is Shonda Rhimes — and I trust in her instincts. But it seems iffy while Grey's is still on the air."

Spinoffs of hits are increasingly rare, as many have not paid off for networks. Most often they arrive as a weaker replacement as the "parent" show ends: Friends begat Joey, which lasted less than two seasons.

Grey's, which premiered in April 2005, remains hugely popular. Last week's episode averaged 25.8 million viewers, its largest audience ever aside from last February's post-Super Bowl airing.

"No question about it, there's risk involved any time you tamper with a successful formula," says Marsi. "(But) don't forget Grey's has 11 other full-time cast members — all of whom are terrific — and so many avenues left to explore."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom