Grey's Anatomy, Season Three - Part 2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Christina would just lament all the surgeries she'd miss out on :wink:

New father of twins Patrick Dempsey is "a good dad," his Grey's Anatomy co-star Ellen Pompeo tells PEOPLE.

"I think the thing about Patrick is, obviously he has a tremendous love for his wife and his daughter, but he has a tremendous sense of duty," Pompeo, 37, says.

"He's really sort of old-fashioned in that way – he's got a good sense of being a gentleman and taking care of his family, and that's what makes him a good dad. It's an admirable quality."

I saw the trailer for this over the weekend and it looks quite bad. But she looked beautiful :wink:

The lovely Katherine Heigl, co-star of Grey’s Anatomy, appears along with Seth Rogen in the upcoming comedy Knocked Up, in which a young guy finds out he impregnated his one-night stand.

Written and directed by Judd Apatow, who brought us The 40-Year Old Virgin, the movie was originally slated to star Anne Hathaway in the lead female role. It is due (pun intended) for a June 1 release date.

katherine-heigl-knocked-up-1.jpg

ThoraSEB said:

On the timing issue - I agree, it's so crazy on this show! :lol: In the very beginning, someone said "8 million dollars, 8 days" or something to that effect. I don't see how a clinic could be built and fully furnished in that amount of time, but whatever. I'm willing to suspend belief for this show. :wink:

From my experience working with hospitals, my guess was that there was existing space in the hospital (a floor unit) that was repurposed and turned into a clinic. The $8 million would be for supplies, medications, etc.

JessicaAnn said:

From my experience working with hospitals, my guess was that there was existing space in the hospital (a floor unit) that was repurposed and turned into a clinic. The $8 million would be for supplies, medications, etc.

That what I figured must have happened.

Now I just need to figure out how to factor GA into my study/cram session tomorrow night :hmm:

That was a great one.

I hope Meredith is okay!!!
Izzy better get out of that tunnel, why do I feel like something bad is going to happen to her. :(
Addison is really having a hard time of it lately she just doesn't know who she wants. Did she say to Derek in the elevator that his girlfriend was like 12? Then that explains the age difference.
Can't wait for next week. :drool:

Crazy episode! :ohmy: I don't know why I didn't think it would be a ferry disaster, that makes a lot of sense (I used to live in Seattle). I was thinking it might have been a plane that crashed on the freeway or something.

There was a lot of blood and gore tonight, and I'm sure there will be a lot more of that in the next two weeks.

I was shocked when Mer fell off the dock or whatever, but since the show is named after her, I can't see her dying. I don't know if she knows how to swim, and the preview for next week showed her in the ocean, but I think she'll be fine.

that was crazy. I missed a little of how it happened, but I didn't like how they portrayed all of them just freezing up at the scene. it seemed to go in slow motion. I know they all usually have the safety of a hospital surrounding them, but their characters have all done extraordinary things to save lives in the past. the little girl was strange but it was almost like she was younger version of Meredith, with not speaking at all and just standing there. not sure why. I'm not sure if something bad will happen to Izzy, I just don't think she'll be able to save that guy. Then again, I didn't think of anything bad happening to her until I read some of the posts here. I suppose it's possible!

sorry for the rambling, it's early :)

Riveting episode. I like the chief's new hair :wink:

Of course Derek will save Meredith and be her knight-in-shining-whatever. The writers come up with the best catch phrases.

Grey's Anatomy star Katherine Heigl makes the acquaintance of a four-legged friend as she helps kick off the 3rd Annual Pedigree Adoption Drive from New York's Times Square on Thursday. With 2 million dogs going homeless this year, Heigl told Good Morning America during her early-morning appearance that it's important to raise awareness about the cause.

katherin_heigl.jpg

Last edited:
I wish I saw her on GMA :(

:drool: It's probably crap but I'll buy it..

You already have the DVD sets, the Soundtracks, your friends know never to call on a Thursday night, and Friday morning has you engaged in discussions online whenever the boss is out of sight.

Even then, you still can’t get enough of Grey’s. Well, lucky for you, Titan Magazines is launching Grey’s Anatomy: The Official Magazine.

In the first issue, the magazine features an interview with Grey’s Anatomy creator and executive producer Shonda Rhimes, and takes a look back at the show so far to give viewers an up-to-date guide on what’s been happening at Seattle Grace, as well as investigating who’s who in Grey’s Anatomy.

Every issue will have an exclusive interview with the some of the stars from Grey’s Anatomy, as well as all the latest news from the set.

We get the gossip from your favorite characters in exclusive blogs from the Grey’s Anatomy team, and we explore real life surgeries with the show’s medical experts. Plus, executive producer Betsy Beers answers readers’ Grey’s Anatomy questions!

Packed with original material that can’t be found anywhere else, Grey’s Anatomy: The Official Magazine is the perfect companion to your favorite show. We promise you the wait will be worth it. Don’t miss the newstand debut on February 20

greys-anatomy-magazine-1.jpg

U2Girl416 said:
that was crazy. I missed a little of how it happened, but I didn't like how they portrayed all of them just freezing up at the scene. it seemed to go in slow motion. I know they all usually have the safety of a hospital surrounding them, but their characters have .....
sorry for the rambling, it's early :)

I didn't really read it as them freezing up, I think the slow motion and panning was just supposed to emphasize the disaster they came upon. I think they were, just for a brief moment (so brief they had to slow it down), taking in/digesting the scene...

Plus slow motion adds to da drama, yo.

Just my take. :)

PS. KH was on David Letterman last night talking about the Pedigree thing. :up:

~BrightestStar~ said:

I didn't really read it as them freezing up, I think the slow motion and panning was just supposed to emphasize the disaster they came upon. I think they were, just for a brief moment (so brief they had to slow it down), taking in/digesting the scene...

Plus slow motion adds to da drama, yo.

Just my take. :)

PS. KH was on David Letterman last night talking about the Pedigree thing. :up:

I suppose you're right about them taking it all in, I can't really know what it's like to experience a distaster in the shoes of a rescue-type person.

on a sort of unrelated note: I hope they don't rely or use disasters very often, I always remember disaster after disaster on ER and NBC billing it as the most dramatic episode of the season, or all year, and you won't want to miss the last five minutes!". And each week it would be something crazier than the last.

Episode 15: “Walk On Water”

1. Radio Citizen, “The Hop”
Meredith sits in the bathtub alone, Derek tells Meredith he is concerned about her, Izzie misses George, Cristina tells Burke not to tell anyone they are engaged.

2. Union of Knives, “Opposite Direction”
Bailey tells interns to get out there and help people, Meredith tends to the wounded.

3. 8MM, “Liar”
Izzie tells Vince to find search and rescue, Derek asks Meredith if she is upset, Addison and Richard talk, Cristina confronts Burke.

4. Snow Patrol, “Make This Go On Forever”
Alex checks on Jane Doe, Mrs. Heit waits for word on her son, Rick starts to have a seizure, A crowd of distraught family members yells at Alex, and Meredith is accidentally knocked off the pier into the water.

~BrightestStar~ said:
While I'm all, "I need to see next weeks episode *now*"
I know that in the end Marideth will be alright..

I do however, share your concern for Izzy. I've just got a bad feeling....

Tonights episode rocked my socks off. :drool:

welcome to the GA thread, my dear Bri! :wink:

It all rocked my socks and even made me lose sleep. :ohmy: But of course Dr. Meredith Grey will be OK! They can't kill off the character the show is named after! Can they? :ohmy:

Izzy + extreme stress = not a good situation for her or her patient. :tsk:

Leave it to Alex to find a pregnant woman at a disaster scene. Does anyone else think Alex could find a pregnant patient in a
urologist's office? :laugh:

jobob said:

. Does anyone else think Alex could find a pregnant patient in a
urologist's office? :laugh:

Probably, because urologists aren't exclusive to males. They deal with anyone who has urinary tract issues.

LarryMullen's_POPAngel said:
I just watched this and I really hope they don't start to rely on these disasters like another poster mentioned.

I agree :up:

Leave it to that other hospital show, who seem much better at those scenes anyway imo.

They needed the disaster to have their annual Meredith-in-peril storyline. I bet she flatlines next ep.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom