Grey's Anatomy, Season Three - Part 2 - Page 5 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 01-20-2007, 01:40 AM   #61
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 05:21 AM
watched the episode again tonight

Old 01-20-2007, 09:45 AM   #62
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 07:21 AM
Episode 12: “Six Days (Part II)”

1. OK Go, “Here It Goes Again”
The song plays as Meredith and Derek bicker in bed after not getting much sleep. Izzie and George discuss Izzie’s check.

2. Regina Spektor, “Fidelity”
The song plays as Addison and Callie talk about Addison’s choice to not have Mark’s baby.

3. Ingrid Michaelson, “The Way That I Am”
The song plays as Cristina complains about sleeping alone, and Meredith confesses she feels jealous of George’s relationship with his dad. Cristina brings Burke his dinner.

4. Susanna & The Magical Orchestra, “Love Will Tear Us Apart”
The song plays as the O’Malley family makes a decision about George’s dad.

5. Gary Jules, “Falling Awake”
The song plays as Burke, Cristina and Derek talk about Mr. o’Malley. His family is gathered around him in the hospital. George’s friends wait in support of him.

6. The Slip, “Life in Disguise”
The song plays as Cristina consoles George, Alex and Addison spend time together, and Derek goes to sleep beside Meredith.

And this is the story behind the storyline and the dedication

"We’ve received multiple emails regarding the message appearing before the end credits of “Six Days (Part II),” which read “In Memory of Bob Verne.”

This man is not the actor who played Harold O’Malley, whose name is George Dzundza (pictured, with T.R. Knight). It is the father of Krista Vernoff, executive producer of Grey’s Anatomy and one of its principal writers. In writing the two-part “Six Days” story line, Vernoff drew upon her own experience with her dad’s short, losing battle with esophageal cancer.

Bob Verne’s story is told through Harold O’Malley, and Krista’s grief is shown, in part, through George"

Here's her blog, I never knew about this blog either

http://www.greyswriters.com/

Old 01-20-2007, 11:15 AM   #63
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 04:21 AM
Old 01-20-2007, 12:26 PM   #64
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Originally posted by MrsSpringsteen
Episode 12: “Six Days (Part II)”

1. OK Go, “Here It Goes Again”
The song plays as Meredith and Derek bicker in bed after not getting much sleep. Izzie and George discuss Izzie’s check.

2. Regina Spektor, “Fidelity”
The song plays as Addison and Callie talk about Addison’s choice to not have Mark’s baby.

3. Ingrid Michaelson, “The Way That I Am”
The song plays as Cristina complains about sleeping alone, and Meredith confesses she feels jealous of George’s relationship with his dad. Cristina brings Burke his dinner.

4. Susanna & The Magical Orchestra, “Love Will Tear Us Apart”
The song plays as the O’Malley family makes a decision about George’s dad.

5. Gary Jules, “Falling Awake”
The song plays as Burke, Cristina and Derek talk about Mr. o’Malley. His family is gathered around him in the hospital. George’s friends wait in support of him.

6. The Slip, “Life in Disguise”
The song plays as Cristina consoles George, Alex and Addison spend time together, and Derek goes to sleep beside Meredith.

And this is the story behind the storyline and the dedication

"We’ve received multiple emails regarding the message appearing before the end credits of “Six Days (Part II),” which read “In Memory of Bob Verne.”

This man is not the actor who played Harold O’Malley, whose name is George Dzundza (pictured, with T.R. Knight). It is the father of Krista Vernoff, executive producer of Grey’s Anatomy and one of its principal writers. In writing the two-part “Six Days” story line, Vernoff drew upon her own experience with her dad’s short, losing battle with esophageal cancer.

Bob Verne’s story is told through Harold O’Malley, and Krista’s grief is shown, in part, through George"

Here's her blog, I never knew about this blog either

http://www.greyswriters.com/

Oh feel for everyone who goes through something like that with a loved one.
Old 01-25-2007, 10:29 AM   #65
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Local Time: 08:21 AM
By LYNN ELBER, AP Television Writer
Wed Jan 24, 5:11 PM ET

LOS ANGELES - Isaiah Washington, who does the healing as a doctor on "Grey's Anatomy," is the patient now.

He's in therapy for his use of an anti-gay slur against a castmate.

"With the support of my family and friends, I have begun counseling. I regard this as a necessary step toward understanding why I did what I did and making sure it never happens again," Washington said in a statement Wednesday. "I appreciate the fact that I have been given this opportunity and I remain committed to transforming my negative actions into positive results, personally and professionally."

Washington took a break from filming Tuesday to meet with gay rights activists and offer help in educating the public about the cruelty of such words, an offer the activists called sincere.

Whether Washington was receiving outpatient counseling or had entered a facility was not specified, and the statement did not indicate whether he would miss work on the show.

Washington's publicist, Kelly Mullens, declined to comment further. A call to ABC about the effect on production of the hit TV show was not immediately returned Wednesday.

Series creator and executive producer Shonda Rhimes issued her own statement, at once criticizing Washington for his use of the word "faggot" about co-star T.R. Knight and lauding Washington's decision to seek help.

"I speak for all the executive producers here at `Grey's Anatomy' when I say that Isaiah Washington's use of such a disturbing word was a shocking and dismaying event that insulted not only gays and lesbians everywhere, but anyone who has ever struggled for respect in a world that is not always accepting of difference," Rhimes said.

She said she's been working within "the `Grey's family" and with ABC and the Touchstone Television studio to address the issue "in a way that underscores the gravity of the situation while giving us all a foundation for healing."

"We applaud and encourage Isaiah's realization that he needs help and his subsequent choice to seek immediate treatment for his behavioral issues," Rhimes said.

She expressed appreciation to fans during this "stressful time" and said those involved with the show would continue to "make the best television we can."

It was during an on-set quarrel last October with co-star Patrick Dempsey that Washington reportedly used the slur about Knight, who was not present. Although Washington apologized publicly at the time, the issue boiled up again at the Jan. 15 Golden Globes when he denied using the epithet.

After being criticized last week by the Gay & Lesbian Alliance Against Defamation and ABC, Washington issued an apology.

He met Tuesday with the heads of GLAAD and Gay, Lesbian and Straight Education Network, who said Washington agreed to efforts to fight bias but that no specifics were reached.

ABC and Touchstone Television are owned by Walt Disney Co.
Old 01-25-2007, 03:10 PM   #66
Blue Crack Addict

So he's in bigot rehab?
Old 01-25-2007, 10:07 PM   #67
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Location: and if you don't know where you're going...any road will take you there..
the end of tonight's episode: totally didn't see that coming!
Old 01-25-2007, 10:32 PM   #68
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Last week's previews hinted that one of those events would take place at the end, but ....
Old 01-25-2007, 10:36 PM   #69
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Originally posted by U2Girl416
the end of tonight's episode: totally didn't see that coming!

I was like

I would love to have someone talk to me like Derek and George did at the end, we're so busy it just don't happen.
Old 01-26-2007, 01:04 AM   #70
Blue Crack Supplier

Whoa! I didn't see both of those coming! Verrry interesting!

I really liked the scenes between the best friends. I couldn't imagine having to give a friend up like that - how heartbreaking!
Old 01-26-2007, 01:06 AM   #71
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 04:21 AM
who says yes????
Old 01-26-2007, 01:14 AM   #72
ONE
love, blood, life

i'm sayin neither say yes

Yes, i know i'm so negative.....but next week's episode looks a little...um...creepy?!? everyone was like unconsious on the floor. i'm worried

just.......7.......more.........days.........
Old 01-26-2007, 01:23 AM   #73
ONE
love, blood, life

Wow...Addison is looking HAWT tonight ...wow!!
Old 01-26-2007, 01:23 AM   #74
Blue Crack Distributor

Did the chief (Richard) really think his wife was gonna sit around and wait for him? I felt bad for him. I'm thinking that maybe he'll reconsider retirement now. But then what about Meredith's mother? And the previews with everyone out on the floor

And I did NOT see those proposals coming! Who could have?

Addison is indeed looking very pretty. How many episodes before her and Alex hook up?
Old 01-26-2007, 01:27 AM   #75
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Originally posted by Lila64

Addison is indeed looking very pretty. How many episodes before her and Alex hook up?
Soon I hope.

I just started watching tonight so I'm not sure what happens for the rest of it. I just had to comment on that!!

And George..