Grey's Anatomy, Season Three - Part 2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Episode 12: “Six Days (Part II)”

1. OK Go, “Here It Goes Again”
The song plays as Meredith and Derek bicker in bed after not getting much sleep. Izzie and George discuss Izzie’s check.

2. Regina Spektor, “Fidelity”
The song plays as Addison and Callie talk about Addison’s choice to not have Mark’s baby.

3. Ingrid Michaelson, “The Way That I Am”
The song plays as Cristina complains about sleeping alone, and Meredith confesses she feels jealous of George’s relationship with his dad. Cristina brings Burke his dinner.

4. Susanna & The Magical Orchestra, “Love Will Tear Us Apart”
The song plays as the O’Malley family makes a decision about George’s dad.

5. Gary Jules, “Falling Awake”
The song plays as Burke, Cristina and Derek talk about Mr. o’Malley. His family is gathered around him in the hospital. George’s friends wait in support of him.

6. The Slip, “Life in Disguise”
The song plays as Cristina consoles George, Alex and Addison spend time together, and Derek goes to sleep beside Meredith.

And this is the story behind the storyline and the dedication

"We’ve received multiple emails regarding the message appearing before the end credits of “Six Days (Part II),” which read “In Memory of Bob Verne.”

This man is not the actor who played Harold O’Malley, whose name is George Dzundza (pictured, with T.R. Knight). It is the father of Krista Vernoff, executive producer of Grey’s Anatomy and one of its principal writers. In writing the two-part “Six Days” story line, Vernoff drew upon her own experience with her dad’s short, losing battle with esophageal cancer.

Bob Verne’s story is told through Harold O’Malley, and Krista’s grief is shown, in part, through George"

Here's her blog, I never knew about this blog either

http://www.greyswriters.com/

MrsSpringsteen said:
Episode 12: “Six Days (Part II)”

1. OK Go, “Here It Goes Again”
The song plays as Meredith and Derek bicker in bed after not getting much sleep. Izzie and George discuss Izzie’s check.

2. Regina Spektor, “Fidelity”
The song plays as Addison and Callie talk about Addison’s choice to not have Mark’s baby.

3. Ingrid Michaelson, “The Way That I Am”
The song plays as Cristina complains about sleeping alone, and Meredith confesses she feels jealous of George’s relationship with his dad. Cristina brings Burke his dinner.

4. Susanna & The Magical Orchestra, “Love Will Tear Us Apart”
The song plays as the O’Malley family makes a decision about George’s dad.

5. Gary Jules, “Falling Awake”
The song plays as Burke, Cristina and Derek talk about Mr. o’Malley. His family is gathered around him in the hospital. George’s friends wait in support of him.

6. The Slip, “Life in Disguise”
The song plays as Cristina consoles George, Alex and Addison spend time together, and Derek goes to sleep beside Meredith.

And this is the story behind the storyline and the dedication

"We’ve received multiple emails regarding the message appearing before the end credits of “Six Days (Part II),” which read “In Memory of Bob Verne.”

This man is not the actor who played Harold O’Malley, whose name is George Dzundza (pictured, with T.R. Knight). It is the father of Krista Vernoff, executive producer of Grey’s Anatomy and one of its principal writers. In writing the two-part “Six Days” story line, Vernoff drew upon her own experience with her dad’s short, losing battle with esophageal cancer.

Bob Verne’s story is told through Harold O’Malley, and Krista’s grief is shown, in part, through George"

Here's her blog, I never knew about this blog either

http://www.greyswriters.com/

Oh feel for everyone who goes through something like that with a loved one. :(

By LYNN ELBER, AP Television Writer
Wed Jan 24, 5:11 PM ET

LOS ANGELES - Isaiah Washington, who does the healing as a doctor on "Grey's Anatomy," is the patient now.

He's in therapy for his use of an anti-gay slur against a castmate.

"With the support of my family and friends, I have begun counseling. I regard this as a necessary step toward understanding why I did what I did and making sure it never happens again," Washington said in a statement Wednesday. "I appreciate the fact that I have been given this opportunity and I remain committed to transforming my negative actions into positive results, personally and professionally."

Washington took a break from filming Tuesday to meet with gay rights activists and offer help in educating the public about the cruelty of such words, an offer the activists called sincere.

Whether Washington was receiving outpatient counseling or had entered a facility was not specified, and the statement did not indicate whether he would miss work on the show.

Washington's publicist, Kelly Mullens, declined to comment further. A call to ABC about the effect on production of the hit TV show was not immediately returned Wednesday.

Series creator and executive producer Shonda Rhimes issued her own statement, at once criticizing Washington for his use of the word "faggot" about co-star T.R. Knight and lauding Washington's decision to seek help.

"I speak for all the executive producers here at `Grey's Anatomy' when I say that Isaiah Washington's use of such a disturbing word was a shocking and dismaying event that insulted not only gays and lesbians everywhere, but anyone who has ever struggled for respect in a world that is not always accepting of difference," Rhimes said.

She said she's been working within "the `Grey's family" and with ABC and the Touchstone Television studio to address the issue "in a way that underscores the gravity of the situation while giving us all a foundation for healing."

"We applaud and encourage Isaiah's realization that he needs help and his subsequent choice to seek immediate treatment for his behavioral issues," Rhimes said.

She expressed appreciation to fans during this "stressful time" and said those involved with the show would continue to "make the best television we can."

It was during an on-set quarrel last October with co-star Patrick Dempsey that Washington reportedly used the slur about Knight, who was not present. Although Washington apologized publicly at the time, the issue boiled up again at the Jan. 15 Golden Globes when he denied using the epithet.

After being criticized last week by the Gay & Lesbian Alliance Against Defamation and ABC, Washington issued an apology.

He met Tuesday with the heads of GLAAD and Gay, Lesbian and Straight Education Network, who said Washington agreed to efforts to fight bias but that no specifics were reached.

ABC and Touchstone Television are owned by Walt Disney Co.

Whoa! :shocked: I didn't see both of those coming! Verrry interesting! :hmm:

I really liked the scenes between the best friends. I couldn't imagine having to give a friend up like that - how heartbreaking!

:shocked: i'm sayin neither say yes :wink:

Yes, i know i'm so negative.....but next week's episode looks a little...um...creepy?!? everyone was like unconsious on the floor. i'm worried :(

just.......7.......more.........days.........:crazy:

Did the chief (Richard) really think his wife was gonna sit around and wait for him? I felt bad for him. I'm thinking that maybe he'll reconsider retirement now. But then what about Meredith's mother? :hmm: And the previews with everyone out on the floor :eek:

And I did NOT see those proposals coming! Who could have?

Addison is indeed looking very pretty. How many episodes before her and Alex hook up? :hmm:

Lila64 said:

Addison is indeed looking very pretty. How many episodes before her and Alex hook up? :hmm:

Soon I hope.

I just started watching tonight so I'm not sure what happens for the rest of it. I just had to comment on that!!

And George..:giggle:

Lila, I didn't think the Chief's wife would be still waiting around for him. She gave him an ultimatum, and it took him months to finally say he would retire. I was thinking that there would be a woman with her, by the way she was reacting. :giggle:

I'm really looking forward to next week. You can tell it's sweeps season! :D

I have a feeling Addison and Alex won't hook up any further. He said that the kiss didn't mean anything to him, but who knows if he's lying or not.

And yes, Addison is stunningly beautiful!

I thought maybe Alex made those comments to Addison so as to maybe relieve the pressure or awkwardness. I think there's still some spark there :shifty:

Will Izzie be funding a free clinic... Denny Duquette (sp?) Memorial? :hmm:

I think Addison and Callie are so pretty :combust:

was shocked at both proposals, but more so about Burke, just doesn't seem like their relationship should be at that point yet. Although it would be nice if Christina for once just melted, and then went back to her tough girl no nonsense self.

Lila64 said:
I thought maybe Alex made those comments to Addison so as to maybe relieve the pressure or awkwardness. I think there's still some spark there :shifty:

Will Izzie be funding a free clinic... Denny Duquette (sp?) Memorial? :hmm:

Maybe so... :)

I'm so glad Izzie is going to do that. I knew that as soon as Bailey started talking about funding, that she would end up giving the money to do that.

Bailey was so awesome forcing the attendings to give their support. I loved Derek's reaction at the end - "The Nazi's back!" :lol:

:up: Another amazing good episode last night. The marriage proposals!! :drool: Now we have to wait to say who says yes, IF anyone says no.............

I loved what Bailey did last night too, and had a feeling Izzie was going to use the money in some way in the medical field after she cashed the check and especially after anonymously paying for that teen age girl's spinal surgery.

Excellent show!

LarryMullen's_POPAngel said:
I knew as soon as Miranda said she wanted to start the clinic, Izzy would be figuring into that somehow.

I know who says yes. :silent:

Addison :combust: :drool: :combust:

You know who says yes? How? And do you see a PM in my future? :shifty: :whistle:

I bet if anyone says yes it's Christina. Callie will probably think that, like the sex, this is George's way of dealing with his father's death, i.e. by not really dealing with it at all.

I gonna say:

Alex and Addison don't hook up anymore.

Merediths mother is only lucid for a short time and then forgets again.

or

her and Richard hook up again.

Christina says no.

Calle says no. (I love her!! a real woman)

Richard does not retire.

Izzy ofcourse funds the free clinic (I was born in a free clinic, that could explain alot :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: )

Richard then has no decision to make.

Meredith is involved in the or where everyone is on the floor and Derek is beside himself.

I just loved the ending with Der/Mer.

For all those interested, abc.com has a little preview scene for next week that is so delicious! It's not the one that was shown after the episode.

"Lines of deliciousness!" :lol: :love: :combust:

It looks so good! :D

355832478_33d451e271.jpg

355832479_5f5de2c8ce.jpg

355832481_b0c392df4f.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom