Grey's Anatomy, Season Three - Part 2 - Page 16 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 02-16-2007, 06:20 PM   #226
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 01:12 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by LarryMullen's_POPAngel
Great blog post.

I can admit I screamed and got teary when I saw Denny. And we all hated Izzy for that Callie thing. Callie's my girl, don't be messing with her, Izzy, as much as I love you.

Could it be that we will find out that George still has feelings for Meredith.

I really don't like it when Meredith and Dereks relationship is up in the air. I like it better when they are stable.

Old 02-16-2007, 09:13 PM   #227
Blue Crack Overdose
Get me off the internetz!

Local Time: 10:12 PM
Wow was that episode last night intense or WHAT?!!!!!

I cannot wait until next week.

AND....I wish Izzie hadn't been so open and hadn't said the things she did.

Old 02-16-2007, 10:19 PM   #228
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 11:12 PM
just watched it-

meredith is NOT dead. i know it!! she cant die...the show is named after her! (sorry if someone already said this, but i didnt really read the last page or 2)

and i'm glad that little girl found her mom and was happy
Old 02-21-2007, 06:48 PM   #229
Blue Crack Supplier

Chandra Wilson (Bailey) is on Ellen today. I won't get to see it, and forgot to tape it. Hopefully it will turn up on YouTube or something.
Old 02-21-2007, 11:31 PM   #230
Blue Crack Addict

Location: basking in my post-concert glow still mesmerized by the orbit of his hips..Also Holding Bono Close as he requested.
[q]Kate Walsh to leave ‘Grey's’ for spinoff
Shonda Rhimes reportedly to give neonatal surgeon her own show
Access Hollywood
Updated: 9:18 p.m. ET Feb 21, 2007

LOS ANGELES - It looks like “Grey’s Anatomy” is about to go under the knife to cut out one of its stars… and breathe easy, Ellen Pompeo fans, it’s got nothing to do with the recent fiery ferry crash.

ABC has decided to pursue a “Grey’s” spin-off with sexy neonatal surgeon Dr. Addison Montgomery-Shepherd (played by the lovely Kate Walsh) as the lead character, according to an article in the Wall Street Journal.

The pilot has yet to be finalized and “Grey’s” creator Shonda Rhimes has yet to decide on a title.

However, Rhimes recently filled the cast in on the idea and revealed she will write a special two-hour episode to serve as the pilot, with a likely debut in May, according to the report.Walsh joined the “Grey’s” cast in May 2005, appearing towards the end of the season one finale.

When contacted by Access Hollywood, ABC had no further comment beyond what was in the Wall Street Journal article.

In order to focus on the project, Rhimes has reportedly back-burnered “Correspondents,” another pilot she was working on starring Jeffrey Dean Morgan, who played Katherine Heigl’s patient love interest Denny Duquette.

“Correspondents” follows a group of female journalists as they travel around the country doing news stories together. Although, it would star Morgan, it would have nothing to do with the “Grey’s” franchise.

Copyright 2007 by NBC. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

URL: http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/17267164/[/q]
Old 02-21-2007, 11:47 PM   #231
ONE
love, blood, life

WOW, I like Addison being on Greys.
Old 02-22-2007, 12:05 AM   #232
Blue Crack Overdose
Get me off the internetz!

Local Time: 10:12 PM
One more sleep people. Can't wait until tomorrow night. WAKE UP MEREDITH!!
Old 02-22-2007, 01:56 AM   #233
Blue Crack Distributor

Quote:
Originally posted by JCOSTER
WOW, I like Addison being on Greys.
I don't want Addison to go either
Old 02-22-2007, 08:28 AM   #234
Blue Crack Addict

I heard about the spinoff last night. I like her on Greys too, but I think a show starring her could be very good if they do it right.
Old 02-22-2007, 09:27 AM   #235
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Location: and if you don't know where you're going...any road will take you there..
I like Kate Walsh a lot. seems too early in the show's success to think about a spinoff. then again even with Friends after 10 seasons, "Joey" bombed.
Old 02-22-2007, 09:37 AM   #236
Blue Crack Distributor

I heard about this, too. I don't want her to go, but then again, doesn't it seem as if she's done pretty much all she can on Grey's?
Old 02-22-2007, 11:17 AM   #237
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Originally posted by BonosLil'Pal94
and i'm glad that little girl found her mom and was happy
I just thought of this ... do you think the girl reuniting with her mom foreshadows something about Meridith relationship with her mom.
Old 02-22-2007, 03:44 PM   #238
Blue Crack Addict

people.com says Taye Diggs is also in the cast

By Gary Levin, USA TODAY
Addison may be hopping a ferry out of Seattle — and off of Grey's Anatomy.

ABC is considering a spinoff of its No. 1 drama around the character of OB/GYN Addison Montgomery (Kate Walsh).

Grey's creator Shonda Rhimes is preparing a two-hour episode for May to serve as the pilot. If the network approves, the spinoff will be considered for next fall's schedule.

An ABC spokeswoman confirmed the plan, first reported by TheWall Street Journal, but said the spinoff's plotline was being kept under wraps.

But a source with direct knowledge of the plan says that Addison, unhappy with ex-husband Derek "McDreamy" Shepherd and former lover Mark "McSteamy" Sloan (Eric Dane), will get an out-of-town job offer as this season ends. The two-part cliffhanger will have her mulling this new offer; if the spinoff goes forward, and it seems more likely than not, she'll start next season there. If it doesn't, she'll have decided not to take the offer and stay put at Seattle Grace.

The new show also would have an ensemble cast, but at this point it doesn't look as if any other Grey's actors would leave.

"I believe Addison is an ideal candidate for a spinoff, because she's become popular enough that people will follow her, yet she's still a relative unknown with an element of mystery," says Steve Marsi, 27, of Newton, Mass., co-owner of website greysanatomyinsider.com.

But fan Christine Burke, 21, of Washington, isn't sure she'd watch a spinoff. "I think I'd be willing to give it a shot because Shonda Rhimes is Shonda Rhimes — and I trust in her instincts. But it seems iffy while Grey's is still on the air."

Spinoffs of hits are increasingly rare, as many have not paid off for networks. Most often they arrive as a weaker replacement as the "parent" show ends: Friends begat Joey, which lasted less than two seasons.

Grey's, which premiered in April 2005, remains hugely popular. Last week's episode averaged 25.8 million viewers, its largest audience ever aside from last February's post-Super Bowl airing.

"No question about it, there's risk involved any time you tamper with a successful formula," says Marsi. "(But) don't forget Grey's has 11 other full-time cast members — all of whom are terrific — and so many avenues left to explore."
Old 02-22-2007, 08:59 PM   #239
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Local Time: 12:12 AM
Hmm why would they mess with something that's great? It doesn't really seem like that great of an idea. Her character's good on the show, but is her character strong enough to hold down her own show?
Old 02-22-2007, 10:01 PM   #240
Blue Crack Addict

Location: basking in my post-concert glow still mesmerized by the orbit of his hips..Also Holding Bono Close as he requested.