Grey's Anatomy, Season Three - Part 2 - Page 15 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 02-16-2007, 08:28 AM   #211
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 03:48 PM

I wasn't surprised to see Denny, I read about it online. Denny is now on that show Weeds and he is dating Mary Louise Parker.

I think Izzie just blurted that out as one of those sort of trauma-induced things during which you say things that you think but ordinarily wouldn't say (not to mention she's sort of a queen of inappropriate speech). Not saying it was right of her to do so. I actually cried during and after her scene, not exactly sure why..

The drilling scene was awful

So perhaps we know now who "dies" but of course she really doesn't. Damn, I was really hoping for Burke

Old 02-16-2007, 08:54 AM   #212
ONE
love, blood, life

I just loved the unspoken words between Mark & McDreamy, so sweet, Mark has a little sweetness in him.

Old 02-16-2007, 10:41 AM   #213
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Last night was the first time I've ever watched this show. Wow. Just...wow.

I thought the woman who plays Izzy is a good actress. Maybe because I don't know the characters as well, I don't know Izzy's personality, but that speech she made, especially the "Believing that you can survive lets you survive" or something like that, made me cry.

But I just don't get the appeal of Meredith. Again, I'm new to the show, but on looks alone McDreamy's ex-wife has it all over Meredith. She's not going to die...the show would just be called "Anatomy" if she dies!
Old 02-16-2007, 11:49 AM   #214
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 04:48 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by MissVelvetDress_75
I think she will be brain dead.
GOD I hope so.
Downloading episode 16 now so we'll see.
Old 02-16-2007, 12:18 PM   #215
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Location: and if you don't know where you're going...any road will take you there..
that was really good last night. I totally starting tearing up when I saw Derek carrying her from the water. Don't know why. Even at the end, I thought they can't kill her, can they? they're just tricking us right, like all shows do?? I like Callie a lot so I hope Izzy's comments don't cause George to doubt what he did. I hope their marriage survives. But somehow I don't think that will be the end of that storyline. Derek looked so emotional last night, it was just killer!
Old 02-16-2007, 01:10 PM   #216
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 01:48 PM
I had another thought. Burke pissed me off so much with his attitude towards Cristina. She wants to tell Mer that she's engaged before anyone else, and for some idiotic reason he can't seem to understand or respect that. Good god. His character is increasingly pissing me off, and I don't see why Cristina is staying with him - he has no compassion, and really does not understand women AT ALL.

We need to tell our "persons" about huge things like getting engaged, and it's baffling to me that he can't respect or understand that they need to be the first ones to know. Gah.
Old 02-16-2007, 01:12 PM   #217
Blue Crack Addict

Burke is really patronizing to Cristina. I hate their relationship. Whenever they disagree about something, he treats her like a child, cuts her out of surgeries to teach her a lesson, etc. He's a horrible, boring character and she was infinitely more interesting without him.
Old 02-16-2007, 03:36 PM   #218
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by anitram
Burke is really patronizing to Cristina. I hate their relationship. Whenever they disagree about something, he treats her like a child, cuts her out of surgeries to teach her a lesson, etc. He's a horrible, boring character and she was infinitely more interesting without him.
I agree 100%. Cristina started out as a strong and interesting character- now she's a sniveling subordinate, and annoying and dull. And it's all because of a man. Ugh.
Old 02-16-2007, 03:45 PM   #219
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Originally posted by Diane L
Last night was the first time I've ever watched this show. Wow. Just...wow.

I thought the woman who plays Izzy is a good actress. Maybe because I don't know the characters as well, I don't know Izzy's personality, but that speech she made, especially the "Believing that you can survive lets you survive" or something like that, made me cry.

But I just don't get the appeal of Meredith. Again, I'm new to the show, but on looks alone McDreamy's ex-wife has it all over Meredith. She's not going to die...the show would just be called "Anatomy" if she dies!

Good one to catch as your first show.
Old 02-16-2007, 04:00 PM   #220
Blue Crack Distributor

Quote:
Originally posted by MrsSpringsteen

I agree 100%. Cristina started out as a strong and interesting character- now she's a sniveling subordinate, and annoying and dull. And it's all because of a man. Ugh.
Yeah if they were trying to soften her up they messed up, big time.
Old 02-16-2007, 04:09 PM   #221
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Originally posted by LarryMullen's_POPAngel

Yeah if they were trying to soften her up they messed up, big time.

She definately needs to be queen of ice. Even Bailey has softened a wee bit.
Old 02-16-2007, 04:36 PM   #222
Blue Crack Addict

Location: basking in my post-concert glow still mesmerized by the orbit of his hips..Also Holding Bono Close as he requested.
I found the blog from the writer of Grey's on http://www.greyswriters.com . I thought it was interesting what she had to say and worth posting in here.

Drowning on Dry Land...
So, yeah, that was Denny and Dylan.

I’m trying to be all casual about it.

Like I don’t care.

Like, you know, Denny and Dylan, whatever…I’m cool, I’m good.

But I almost hugged Jeffrey Dean Morgan to death when he arrived on set. He was nice about it considering the restraining order he should have taken out against me during Season Two. I was glad to see him. And I was glad to see Kyle Chandler who was gracious enough to fly out here and film on one of his very few days off from the very well-written Friday Night Lights.

See, I miss Denny and Dylan. A lot. So it was nice to see them for a moment, wasn’t it? Even if Meredith is dead?

You all have some pretty strong feelings about this. I’ve been reading your comments. STRONG feelings. Which I respect. Grey’s is in its third season and we’re doing something a little…different. It’s about time we did. Because, just as I said when you all shouted your horror about the Meredith/George sex, I remind you that we writers like to follow the characters here and we try very hard not to make story just to make story. We like to have a point. Meredith being dead is about…well, you will see what it is about next week. She was in pain, this girl. And…

…okay, I don’t want to talk about that. Meredith being dead at the end of this episode. I can’t. Not yet.

What I want to talk about is the other interns. Because they all take some truly interesting journeys. Izzie and Alex especially. Izzie’s is one my favorites. I didn’t come up with the “rock star” line and I wasn’t standing on set when it was shot but that was one of my favorite Katie Heigl moments this season. She’s good, that girl. What I like about Izzie is that, right now, she’s fighting for George. No one else agrees with her and she’s going about it all wrong but still…she truly believes her best friend is in trouble and she’s fighting to make him see it. It may be none of her business but when do we stay out of the business of those that we love? But I gotta admit, I adore Callie and in that moment, when Izzie tells George he made a mistake marrying Callie, I hate Izzie. Just hate her. But she’s a good person and she never holds her tongue and for that, I respect her. But will George?

It’s interesting to see Alex dealing with this Jane Doe and her horrible, painful to watch face. He’s got some growing to do, this guy and hopefully, we’ll see him begin to do that. Plus, I love the moment when he tells Addison that he’d notice if she went missing. I don’t know that they are in any way right for one another but it was a kind thing to say to a woman he has heat with. Cause, I don’t know if you noticed? But Addison’s lonely these days and a little bit adrift.

The most interesting one to watch this episode is Derek. I don’t know if you remember that in first season, he said to Meredith: “You were like coming up for fresh air. I was drowning and you saved me.” It was good to be able to call that back (everything comes back around eventually on this show, I find) and to see what happens when Meredith is drowning. He’s not Mer’s knight in shining whatever – he gets kicked out the trauma room where Richard and Bailey are working on her. He’s forced to sit out in the hall, helpless. And he’s seeing his worst nightmare come true. Because he’s realizing: Meredith has become so important to him and the prospect of losing her is terrifying. Who is he if he isn’t the guy who rescues Mer? Who is he when he can’t save a life?

Shoots With No Script was anxious about tonight. Not in an obvious way. In a Shoots With No Script kind of way. All under the surface and mellow. But I know he was. ‘Cause I was anxious too. We make these episodes and then we sit still, freaked out, and wait to see how it feels when it goes on the air. It’s a little like having to speak in public and we never get used to it. Because you all have a reaction. And we care about that.

Also, because Shoots With No Script and I are both a teensy bit neurotic. But you knew that…

-Shonda
Old 02-16-2007, 04:42 PM   #223
Blue Crack Distributor

Great blog post.

I can admit I screamed and got teary when I saw Denny. And we all hated Izzy for that Callie thing. Callie's my girl, don't be messing with her, Izzy, as much as I love you.
Old 02-16-2007, 04:52 PM   #224
Blue Crack Addict

Location: basking in my post-concert glow still mesmerized by the orbit of his hips..Also Holding Bono Close as he requested.
I enjoyed reading her blog and it reminded me that I have missed out on a lot of episodes. Apparently there are several hidden meanings in this past episode that relate to previous seasons/episodes.
Old 02-16-2007, 05:13 PM   #225
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 01:48 PM
thanks for the post there MissVelvet. Can't wait til next week.
In the meantime, I'll probably watcht the episode again tonight (I TiVoed it)