Grey's Anatomy

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Daddysgonnapay

New Yorker
sorry if the subject is already out there , I tried to find a thread about this show and did not see one....

I do not watch this show...but they have been promo-ing the HELL out of it...

In the Promos...WTF is the guy they have to save stuck in??? he looks like he is in a giant pod from the Body Snatchers!:huh: It is totally ridiculous!

I think I read that he's stuck in cement. And yes, I still watch this show. And I watched the ER finale last week too :ohmy: :shifty:

It's Ok , Lila...I watch ER too:wink:

cement, huh, wonder how he is in a cememt pod? maybe I will have to watch!:lol:

I still watch it. I still enjoy it. I still like that most of the characters come across as genuine, yet flawed. I also really liked the season finale this year. Looking forward to next year.

Well, I certainly didn't watch it often, but when I did watch I found myself enjoying far more than last year. it still has it's issues, but methinks some of the old wacky humour was starting to make a comeback...re the bedazzled pager, and the competition thing...
and some of the characters are actually seeming to sorta act like themselves again..

Granted, there's still stuff that annoys me.
But I did watch the finale, and in the end, I generally enjoyed. So hope springs eternal.

not a must see, but I'm curious to see what the future will bring

I haven't watched since last year's finale either, but I tuned in tonight. It was a pretty good episode; maybe I'll try it out again next season. I was a little confused though. Is Callie a lesbian now?:scratch: I cried when Alex was breaking down after Rebecca had to leave. That scene with him and Izzie at the end was beautiful.:sad:

Callie & Erica (Hahn) were hanging out a lot and were friends. Then when Addison made a guest appearance on an episode, she had made an observation and told Callie that it looked to be a bit more. I think Callie was taken aback and kept running to Dr. Mark Sloan. Then one day the 3 of them were in the elevator... I can't remember when, but at some point Callie kissed Hahn (might have been in the elevator in front of Sloan). And then after that I think Callie was just curious.

Yeah, the end with Alex and Izzie :sad:

^Thanks. I'm still holding out for a Callie/George reunion. I adored them.:love: And since, Alex is my favorite character, I hated seeing him so broken. He's so hot.:combust: Also, I literally squealed at the final scene with Meredith and Derek when she was out in the field with the floor plan for their future house laid out in candles.:cute:

I think there will be a tragedy with McDreamy, just the way he said the Meredith, wait for me, made me think that something bad might happen and she will be waiting awhile.
:scream:
I hope not because I like them together more than apart. :)

yep they did and he got the girl in the end :cute:

Call me a bit jaded, but she reminded me an awful lot of a girl I once knew and kind of pisses me off. He deserves much better than her!

Callie and Hahn! :drool: Let's hear it for my team! :D

Oh yes...this twist is very delicious indeed. :)

I really liked last night's episode a hell of a lot more than most of the rest of this season.

Loved Alex, he really made for a very sympathetic character. Loved Meredith actually, and probably contrary to most people, I think that at this point she's too good for Derek, who never takes responsibility for anything. Bailey's baby boy is the cutest thing ever.

Season 3 was horrible (I really hated most of the characters back then and didn't watch the show at all for some time) but season 4 has pretty much brought back my faith and love for GA. I think the writer's strike was a good thing to happen, it brought us back the good old Grey's. Not that it was as brilliant as the first two seasons, but much better than season 3. I have a lot of hope for the next season, I really want my fave show back in its glory!

The season finale. Oh god. Alex broke my heart. I was crying like a baby watching him broke down. :cry: Alex has been my favourite since the beginning and it was about time to find out what has happened to him. Justin Chambers was at his best here, and if you ask me, he deserves an Emmy for this episode alone. And Alex and Izzie = :heart: Izzie seems to be growing up at last and I'm so glad to say that I'm beginning to like her again. She was just so annoying when all that s*it with George was going on.

Hm. Obsessed with GA, me? :rolleyes: :lol:

I really liked last night's episode a hell of a lot more than most of the rest of this season.

Loved Alex, he really made for a very sympathetic character. Loved Meredith actually, and probably contrary to most people, I think that at this point she's too good for Derek, who never takes responsibility for anything. Bailey's baby boy is the cutest thing ever.

So true, he took no responsibility for his marriage ending to Addison (even though she had the affair) and the way he mouthed off to Meredith about him being a failure was totally wrong, he's lucky she came back after that and did the whole candle thingy.

I loved how Hahn finally got the smack-down for being horrible to my favorite, Christina. I hope she has more of a storyline next season...Sandra Oh is an amazing actress. And Chandra Wilson deserves an Emmy for this episode, especially her speech to Izzie.

I'm glad that Grizzie is a thing of the past, that storyline was awful. Izzie seems to have grown-up a lot in the past couple of episodes and that is definitely a good thing.

I thought the finale was the best episode of the season, hands down

(AP)

LOS ANGELES — Katherine Heigl won't be chewing her manicure at this year's Emmy ceremony: She says she didn't seek a nomination because "Grey's Anatomy" failed to deliver the goods for an award-worthy performance.

Heigl, who was honored as best supporting actress in a drama last year for the ABC series, declined to put her name in consideration for a bid, a spokeswoman for the actress said Wednesday.

"I did not feel that I was given the material this season to warrant an Emmy nomination and in an effort to maintain the integrity of the academy organization" decided against competing, Heigl said in a written statement provided by her publicist, Melissa Kates, who was contacted by the AP.

"In addition, I did not want to potentially take away an opportunity from an actress who was given such materials," added Heigl. She plays Dr. Izzie Stevens on "Grey's Anatomy," which slipped in the ratings this past season but remained a top 10 show.

An after-hours message left with a publicist for "Grey's Anatomy" creator and executive producer Shonda Rhimes was not immediately returned Wednesday night.

Heigl, who shot to box-office success last summer with the comedy "Knocked Up," has established herself as one of Hollywood's rare voices of candor.

In a Vanity Fair magazine interview published in January, she called the hit film "a little sexist" and said that it painted women as "shrews, as humorless and uptight," while the male characters were lovable and goofy.

Heigl also was outspoken when "Grey's" castmates Isaiah Washington and T.R. Knight clashed last year over Washington's alleged use of a homophobic slur.

"I'm going to be really honest right now, he needs to just not speak in public. Period," Heigl said at one point of Washington, who ended up being booted from the medical drama.

Nominations for the 60th Primetime Emmy Awards will be announced July 17. The ceremony is Sept. 21.

I thought the finale was the best episode of the season, hands down

(AP)

LOS ANGELES — Katherine Heigl won't be chewing her manicure at this year's Emmy ceremony: She says she didn't seek a nomination because "Grey's Anatomy" failed to deliver the goods for an award-worthy performance.

Heigl, who was honored as best supporting actress in a drama last year for the ABC series, declined to put her name in consideration for a bid, a spokeswoman for the actress said Wednesday.

"I did not feel that I was given the material this season to warrant an Emmy nomination and in an effort to maintain the integrity of the academy organization" decided against competing, Heigl said in a written statement provided by her publicist, Melissa Kates, who was contacted by the AP.

"In addition, I did not want to potentially take away an opportunity from an actress who was given such materials," added Heigl. She plays Dr. Izzie Stevens on "Grey's Anatomy," which slipped in the ratings this past season but remained a top 10 show.

An after-hours message left with a publicist for "Grey's Anatomy" creator and executive producer Shonda Rhimes was not immediately returned Wednesday night.

Heigl, who shot to box-office success last summer with the comedy "Knocked Up," has established herself as one of Hollywood's rare voices of candor.

In a Vanity Fair magazine interview published in January, she called the hit film "a little sexist" and said that it painted women as "shrews, as humorless and uptight," while the male characters were lovable and goofy.

Heigl also was outspoken when "Grey's" castmates Isaiah Washington and T.R. Knight clashed last year over Washington's alleged use of a homophobic slur.

"I'm going to be really honest right now, he needs to just not speak in public. Period," Heigl said at one point of Washington, who ended up being booted from the medical drama.

Nominations for the 60th Primetime Emmy Awards will be announced July 17. The ceremony is Sept. 21.

If I were one of the writers I would have her dress like a clown or something the next season for saying things like that.

Back
Top Bottom