Grey's Anatomy

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
MrsSpringsteen said:
A couple of sneak peeks at the season premiere

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CqrPLJ9p6tM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BK4QowlZzxo

random McDreamy bonus

Noted car enthusiast Patrick Dempsey certainly looked dashing as he prepared to take his new toy - a 1954 classic Jaguar XK - for a spin around Hollywood yesterday.

always-a-classic.jpg

Damn! :faint:

Someone I saw said her hair looked like the Bride of Frankenstein :(

I think she has fine hair and they teased it way too much to try to get volume. She's a very attractive woman, I don't see the need for it. A simple updo would have looked better.

T.R. Knight says George is a mess on ‘Grey’s’

Access Hollywood Sept 21, 2007

LOS ANGELES - The season premiere of “Grey’s Anatomy” is Sept. 27, and according to T.R. Knight, who plays George, things at Seattle Grace are going full steam ahead.

“Good, good,” Knight replied when “Access” asked how shooting has been going so far. “We’re at episode six out of 24, so the marathon has begun and we just started... It’s going really well.”

Knight confirmed what many suspected, that George is back at Seattle Grace, but unlike his class, most of whom have graduated, he is repeating his intern year. That year, the actor said, comes with plenty of problems.

“George is a mess,” Knight revealed. “He will continue to be a mess and make all these horrible mistakes and be humiliated by them. He’s gonna probably face a lot of humiliations.

“Plus he’s dealing with the adultery,” Knight says referring to George and Izzie’s one-night stand from Season 3. “So there’s that small issue to deal with.”

Knight revealed that Chyler Leigh, who is portraying Meredith’s half-sister Lexie, has been a fun edition to the cast. He has already filmed several scenes with the brunette, which he notes have been a blast.

“There’ll be interaction between us of course because we’re both interns, you know, me as the failure intern and she as the bright-eyed, pretty, gorgeous creature that she is. So it’s just really fun working with her,” he said. “I like her a lot as a person and an actor. I’m very happy that she joined the cast.”

I'm looking forward to it. I watched Private Practice last night :| I love Kate Walsh and I like the Addison character very much. It is getting very bad reviews, at least the ones I have read.

namkcuR said:
It's character assasination. It's bending characters to fit the plot, and that is the exact opposite of what the writers should be doing, and is, imo, the core of the problem.

You nailed it. Perfectly. 5 stars.

Today is the day of reckoning, it may very well decide the fate of my relationship with you,Grey's, are you listening Shonda? ARE YOU!?!?! :angry:

I thought Private Practice was not half bad. It's always hard to judge a new series by the first few episodes. They usually pull out all the stops to make the show exciting and interesting. The real test will if the show can hold my interest after the first 5 episodes.

Shonda is gonna have to do a helluva job this season to get me back on the bandwagon. I think I'm going to watch The Office at 9 and tune into Grey's at 9:30.

daygloeyes2 said:
Shonda is gonna have to do a helluva job this season to get me back on the bandwagon.

:yes: I agree completely.

I saw Private Practice last night, and wasn't impressed at all. I didn't expect it to be fabulous, but I was pretty bored with it. :yawn: Another show knocked off my viewing list this fall.

I was flipping back and forth between Grey's and The Office. But I stuck with Grey's. It was like a trainwreck: you wanted to look away, but you cant. To those on the West Coast: I wouldnt waste your time on it. :down:

daygloeyes2 said:
I was flipping back and forth between Grey's and The Office. But I stuck with Grey's. It was like a trainwreck: you wanted to look away, but you cant. To those on the West Coast: I wouldnt waste your time on it. :down:

So much for Grey's.:|

I actually thought it was okay. They had a lot of loose ends to tie up and it seems like this episode was set up for the rest of the season more than anything else. Liked the Mark/Derek scenes quite a bit. George and Izzie were stupid, but then I never liked them in the first place.

Private Practice is the most awful thing I've watched in a long time.

I enjoyed the season premiere of "Grey's Anatomy." But I've always enjoyed the fact that most of them are flawed characters with dysfunctional personalities.

But yeah..."Private Practice" was rather dreadful, I thought. I'm sure we'll be seeing Addison heading back to Seattle before the season is out...heh.

I'm on the fence- however it appears Grey's and I won't be having a break up just yet, we'll see how the next few episodes go. While I was at first unhappy with where the Derek/Mer thing was headed (coughthewholeweneedaneventtodealwiththingcough), it showed some signs of promise towards the end. I did enjoy the Mark/Derek intreaction. Much still annoyed me, but I'm willing to give it a chance - if only because I'm not currently intereseted in watching anything else during that time slot. :wink:

I saw all of...5 minutes of Private Practice the other night, and it's a whole bunch of :|

Despite all the annoying and unbelievable storylines, I still love a few characters on the show: Yang, Alex, Bailey, Chief and McSteamy.

I hate Meredith even more after tonight's episode. What a fucking bitch! She can't even talk to her own sister? Just when I think i can't hate this stupid character anymore. I wish Derek would just kick her bony ass to the curb and find somebody attractive.

Could care less about Gizzie. They are beyond stupid. And dont' even get me started on Callie.

So, i guess i'm 50/50. I love 50% of the characters still. The other 50%, not so much.

ultravioletluvv said:
Despite all the annoying and unbelievable storylines, I still love a few characters on the show: Yang, Alex, Bailey, Chief and McSteamy.

I hate Meredith even more after tonight's episode. What a fucking bitch! She can't even talk to her own sister? Just when I think i can't hate this stupid character anymore. I wish Derek would just kick her bony ass to the curb and find somebody attractive.

Could care less about Gizzie. They are beyond stupid. And dont' even get me started on Callie.

So, i guess i'm 50/50. I love 50% of the characters still. The other 50%, not so much.

I guess I don't understand why a "good show" = "nice people." I imagine that this show would be an awful lot like "Private Practice" if all them were "good people" (and we can see how well that show has gone over here so far...). Frankly, Meredith is a self-centered bitch...and I wouldn't really have it any other way, at this point.

I watched and I'm on the fence too. There were some really good scenes, but the last minute pissed me the fuck off. I thought the whole George/Izzie thing would finally be over, but apparently it's not. :rolleyes:

I'll give it another episode or two, but it's still on very shaky ground.

thought it was alright... I'll keep watching for now.
Not so sure about Private Practice. I watched it, but if I missed it, I wouldn't be losing any sleep. But I like to look at Tim Daly :hmm: Too bad ABC cancelled the other series he was on last season, in the 10:00pm time slot :shrug:

it was ok. mad that Meredith still is choosing Derek over other people (this time, her sister), even though they're a trainwreck to begin with. there were months to come up with better writing, but yet we get George voicing his love for Izzie. Ugh. thought we were done with that :rolleyes:

Bailey was awesome. love that everyone still thinks of her as the boss and Callie wasn't getting anywhere :up:

I thought it was improved over last season, I will give it time. I like that they're flawed and dysfunctional too, but they need to keep that balanced with some good old fashioned fun and humor. I think that was the main problem last season.

melon said:

I guess I don't understand why a "good show" = "nice people." I imagine that this show would be an awful lot like "Private Practice" if all them were "good people" (and we can see how well that show has gone over here so far...). Frankly, Meredith is a self-centered bitch...and I wouldn't really have it any other way, at this point.

I don't have a problem with flawed and dysfunctional (in fact, I do believe that was part of the shows appeal), but even flawed and dysfunctional people still have to act within a certain realm that is them.....I think what we're all bitching about is that they just keep bending the characters to fit whatever thier whim du jour is.
Hence why many of us find how the whole treatment of the Christina/Burke as subpar. As someone earlier suggested, if they had dealt with it as somehting akin to...yeah, you know what, I never really loved ya. k thx bye....*that* would have been essentially Christina. Far too often, the characters seem to become entirely different people .

and........</ramble>

ETA: And, yes, we also need to return to the quirky humour

I loved that when Izzie, Mer, Christina and Alex were going over the "rules" with their interns, they used the same five rules Bailey explained to them.

I am with melon ... I liked the episode.

I miss Izzie having a spine ... I don't know why she continues to throw herself at George.

Back
Top Bottom