Grey's Anatomy

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I finally watched an entire episode Sunday, it was good

That tumor thing though :yikes:

Is it wrong to think Patrick Dempsey looks really hot in a surgeon's cap thingie? :hmm:

Everett homey: `Grey's' turns red-hot
By Gayle Fee and Laura Raposa
Friday, May 20, 2005

Attention ``Grey's Anatomy'' fans: Brace yourself for the season finale, because star Ellen Pompeo promises it's just what the doctor ordered - if you like prime time bombshells.

``There's a huge surprise coming,'' the Everett homegal told the Track. ``I can't divulge. I can't even touch on it. But get your bowl of popcorn ready, 'cause it's a doozy!''

Despite our best bedside manner, Dr. Meredith Grey wouldn't cough up the plot twist. But she did confirm the MD drama's denouement involves her character and her onscreen paramour, Dr. Derek Shepherd, played by the very delish Patrick Dempsey.

``It's about Patrick and I, definitely, and you have no idea it's coming,'' Ellen said. ``It's a fantastic way to end the show.''

Oddly, though, the hospital soap's season finale, which airs Sunday at 10 p.m. on ABC, was not how the first season was supposed to wrap. It is the 8th installment in a 12-episode arc, but because of the network's scheduling, the final four episodes will be shown next season.

``It's not how they originally filmed it, but it makes so much more sense this way,'' she said.

Pompeo, who had her breakout role in the 2002 made-in-Massachusetts drama, ``Moonlight Mile,'' said her ``angels in the sky'' helped her land the juicy lead role as a stressed-out first-year intern in a Seattle hospital. She had originally tested for a series in which she would play a female Secret Service agent.

``I read for the part and didn't get it,'' she said. ``But they sent me the script for `Grey's Anatomy' and said, `The lead is yours if you want it.' I read it and said, `Sign me up. Absolutely.' I'm a lucky girl.''

The series which took ``Boston Legal's'' place in the ABC Sunday-night lineup in March, has become the ninth-highest-rated show on TV. It's prime time's most successful replacement drama in 12 years.

The blonde actress, who has tons of local fans - most of them relatives - said she wished she had more time to spend back home with her dad, Joseph, a retiree who still lives in Everett and her sisters in Nahant and Swampscott, not to mention her ``buckets and baskets'' of nieces, nephews, aunts, uncles and cousins.

At the moment, she's desperately trying to carve a few days out of her schedule to get to Martha's Vineyard before heading back to L.A. to shoot 22 more episodes of the show. Of course, when your day job means sucking face with Patrick Dempsey, you don't get a lot of sympathy!

``I have to say, with Patrick, I really, really lucked out,'' Ellen said. ``Male actors can sometimes be a little crazy, a little egotistical, a little full of themselves and he is so not any of those things. He is a down-to-earth East Coast boy from Maine. He's just a good egg and I'm so lucky to have him.''

And while her on-screen lovelife may need some intensive care, off-screen Ellen's doing just fine. She's dating music producer Chris Ivery, whom she met in a grocery store in L.A. The punchline is, he's from Cambridge.

``I had to go 3,000 miles away to meet a guy who practically grew up next door,'' she laughed. ``But I guess everything comes full circle.''

Great season finale!

I loved the scene when the Nazi berated Christina and Izzy during the unauthorized autopsy. But I knew the twist coming at the end though thanks to the article posted by Mrs Springsteen. It seemed like a logical twist.

And George freaking out on Alex was great too.:wink:

Next season should be great.

I fell asleep and had to set my one hour VCR button..I hope I didn't read a spoiler

I love that George (is that his name, the Dr w/ the rash?) guy, he's so adorable. If I couldn't get Patrick I'd go after him :wink: well I couldn't get Patrick :wink:

I have always had a crush on Patrick Dempsey. :drool: :heart:

I love this show.

greys_patrickdempsey.jpg

I love that picture :drool:

paging Dr. ohsoveryhot , stat :wink:

When he was in his twenties he got involved w/ and eventually married a 50 something woman, I think she was his manager. I could be wrong about the ages, I'm not sure but I think that's right. They got divorced and he's remarried now.

I taped the last episode and I don't even know whare the tape is now..

I'll have to wait until they re-run it. Ellen Pompeo is on Letterman this Friday, I just got my Dave newsletter

There's also a TV Guide out w/ Patrick on the cover :drool:

MrsSpringsteen said:
I fell asleep and had to set my one hour VCR button..I hope I didn't read a spoiler

I love that George (is that his name, the Dr w/ the rash?) guy, he's so adorable. If I couldn't get Patrick I'd go after him :wink: well I couldn't get Patrick :wink:

i like george too. he's so cute :cute:

and patrick dempsey is really hot :combust:

I'm such a sap. I've really started to love this show, and this week's episode was particularly great, IMO.

Melon

HelloAngel said:
Sandra Oh is so :combust:

Indeed. There's always been something very alluring about her, and I've loved her even before she became big.

Melon

This is a great show.

The dialog is great, the plots are gripping, the characters are interesting.

Ellen Pompeo and Katherine Heigl are hot.

And speaking as a guy, Patrick Dempsey is one of those guys that is so good looking he's even attractive to straight guys. I think. :wink:

namkcuR said:

And speaking as a guy, Patrick Dempsey is one of those guys that is so good looking he's even attractive to straight guys. I think. :wink:

agreed :wink:

I loved last night's episode, Sandra Oh is awesome

that kiss part was great too

I love this show. This is apart of the "TV bonding" night I have with my mother on Sundays along with Desperate Housewives.

I'll second the :drool: to Dr. McDreamy. :drool:

It was ok....you can read the synopsis on NBC's website....

Alex and Izzy are :cute:

I am cringing for Meredith though; it is so ackward that she keeps seeing Derek in the elevator. :banghead:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom