Grey's Anatomy

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The saddest thing for me wasn't Denny kicking it (cuz goddamn he's been dying forever) but the dog being put to sleep.

I still remember being in the middle of my undergrad and my parents had to put my childhood dog to sleep and I've never felt so sad in my entire life.

I found it awful to watch this scene.

anitram said:
The saddest thing for me wasn't Denny kicking it (cuz goddamn he's been dying forever) but the dog being put to sleep.

I still remember being in the middle of my undergrad and my parents had to put my childhood dog to sleep and I've never felt so sad in my entire life.

I found it awful to watch this scene.

The dog scene was what set me off, after that the tears were flowing, I'm such a sap. I just had to find my dog a new home, so that scene was and acher for me.:sad: :(

I'm so glad Denny died. She took that heart away from a man with a family. That heart was never his to begin with. I was really disappointed in the episode about half way through, but it ended up ok. And yeah, the scene with the dog being put to sleep totally killed me too! :sad:

I fell into this show in the middle of the season. I am going to watch all of the episodes during the summer. So far the season finale is not too impressive. Controversial tho.

This was a several
tissue.gif
show for me. My sister-in-law just told me yesterday the details of how they put her cat to sleep, and then to watch them put the dog down :sigh: :sad: But the scene with Meredith & McDreamy :shifty: :combust:

And when Denny.... I lost it when they first cut to the scene, cuz I knew it was too good to be true that he would survive :sigh: some of Izzie's words were muffled, I had to rewind several times to try & catch what she said, but... oh well. And the triangle at the end :hyper: Bring on season 3!!!

I'm a weepy mess right now. :sad: :lol: I really began to lose it when they had to put Doc down. I was absolutely sobbing. :sad:

It surprised me that when Meredith and Derek finally hooked up I totally did not care. Maybe I'll care later, but I just felt meh about that tonight.

George's speech to the Chief was soo good. If only I could remember everything he said...

Meredith and McDreamy are probably two of the shallowest main characters ever in a tv show. I like neither character, totally selfish self-centred behaviour. But those people are out there I suppose.

I found it odd they tied up most of the loose ends without a cliffhanger like most shows. But then again, this show goes against the grain in many respects.

Adieu til the fall.

I agree with everyone- the scene with Doc was the hardest thing for me to watch. That was the breaking point, then the tears wouldn't stop flowing. :sad:

I agree trevster, I was surprised that the only cliffhanger they left was the love triangle. I suppose we also don't know about Burke, but was he better? Because he was moving his hand.

ultravioletluvv said:
And yeah, the scene with the dog being put to sleep totally killed me too! :sad:
I think that was the hardest scene to watch for a lot of people. I know I was crying a river. Hit too close to home for me. We found out a few weeks ago that my cat of 16 years has cancer. We are just enjoying whatever time he has left with us. I know that decision is coming soon for me and last night sent me over the edge. :sad:
My husband told me I really shouldn't be watching that scene.

I also loved that part when Alex picked up Izzie off the bed and just held her. He can be such a sweet guy, sometimes.
I thought Christina's talk with the Chief was great also.

It was wrenching, just like everyone said the scene with doc. Also the scene w/ Izzie lying in bed with Denny, that was completely heartbreaking for me.

She really better choose McVet instead of McNightmare :wink:

Awesome season finale, lived up to all my expectations.

I'm sorry about your kitty mdw :hug:

Us too with Doc. I looked over and Caron was sobbing. We also had to put a dog down. :(

Anyway, what happened on Sunday night? We missed it because "someone" forgot to set the DVR. :reject: I was so intent on not missing Survivor. :yikes:

Quick synopsis, anyone?

ultravioletluvv said:
I'm so glad Denny died. She took that heart away from a man with a family. That heart was never his to begin with. I was really disappointed in the episode about half way through, but it ended up ok.

The heart only failed to be his by 17 seconds. As both Burke and Izzie argued, it isn't a hell of a lot of time, and is, more or less, a virtual tie. I'm not condoning what she did, but the heart wasn't clearly the other guy's. Is there any difference between a man who has a family, and a man who wants to start a family? It's not right to take a heart from either of them. Saying you wished he would die, just so Izzie could get her just desserts is a little (actually, quite) harsh.

trevster2kv said:
Meredith and McDreamy are probably two of the shallowest main characters ever in a tv show. I like neither character, totally selfish self-centred behaviour. But those people are out there I suppose.

I know. I dislike them both, particularly McDreamy. Personally, I feel he doesn't deserve either woman.

The_Sweetest_Thing said:

The heart only failed to be his by 17 seconds. As both Burke and Izzie argued, it isn't a hell of a lot of time, and is, more or less, a virtual tie. I'm not condoning what she did, but the heart wasn't clearly the other guy's. Is there any difference between a man who has a family, and a man who wants to start a family? It's not right to take a heart from either of them. Saying you wished he would die, just so Izzie could get her just desserts is a little (actually, quite) harsh.

what's sad though is that the other man may have survived with the new heart and Denny could have lived a couple more years if she hadn't cut the cord. Seriously Izzie could be responsible for two deaths here.

I don't think that last scene was really a cliffhanger.

It's not like she has a choice. What's she gonna do, catch a ride home with Derek and his wife?

And I hope she doesn't choose either one because what purpose would her choosing the vet have except to rip his heart out and stomp all over it eventually.

phanan said:
I don't watch this show, but how stupid is ABC by announcing that they are moving it to Thursday nights at 9 next season? Up against CSI? I hate when they do that.

i guess they are going to use Housewifes as a lead-in to hype a new show

this has never been done before

Boston Legal, got moved from Sunday for a new show.

I can't remember that long ago. They actually showed Sunday's episode here again right before the finale :shrug:

lemme try... there had been a "postal" shooting at a store (?). Lots of patients coming to the ER. The shooter had shot several people, one being a young woman who was 12 weeks pregnant. She was brain-dead and the parents were wanting to keep their daughter alive as an incubator. George spoke to them at some point stating that her organs could be used to save many people. He said there was a patient in the hospital that needed a heart, but hers didn't match, but her organs could save many people and from what he heard of the character of the girl, that that is what she would have wanted to do.

Burke takes a helicopter (with Alex) to harvest a heart for transplant for Denny. When he gets to the hospital, there is another surgeon planning to do the same for another patient. There are 2 hearts at this point. By the time that Burke operates, his patient dies. He goes in to stop the other surgery and wants to take that heart for Denny. The higher-ups get involved to determine who should get this heart. As it turns out, both are on the transplant list, admitted to the "program" (waiting list) 17 seconds apart. Whichever patient is worse off, will get the heart. Izzy calls Burke trying to state that Denny has worsened. Burke & the other doctors need verification. So now she's got to come up with the paperwork, which she obviously doesn't have. She wants to make Denny worse, briefly, to make his documentation appear that he has to have the heart. She cuts his L-bag which is pumping to his heart (my details may be slightly off). The end of the show last night is right after she cuts the bag. Also, the shooter that went on a rampage comes to the hospital. He apparently shot one of the guys who had been discharged earlier (he was a complete jackass), and probably the reason for the shooting, since this guy fired the employee). Burke was flying back to the hospital to confirm the information about Denny before they would harvest the heart, and he got caught in the crossfire. I'm guessing he suspected something was up.

How'd I do?

Last edited:
Plus Aaron Sorkin's new show, Studio 60 will be on at 9 pm Thursday.

Looks like the other networks think CSI is vulnerable to finally being toppled over...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom