Green Wing UK

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

karls77

War Child
green-wing.jpg

Anyone else get into this show when it was on way back in 2004?? I couldn't stand it at first but I stuck with it and by the third episode I was hooked. The weird plots, odd scenes, eccentric characters and random slow-mo's - it all took me a while to get used to but once I did I recognized the "pure comedic genius" of the show.

Well, they've finally made a new series and it starts on C4 on Friday March 31st. The first series only had 9 episodes and they're showing them again starting tonight on C4 at about 11 ( I think!). If anyone needs a quick refresher just check out this site: http://www.british-sitcom.co.uk/green_wing/index.shtml

It's got loads of info and some pics too.

Last edited:
Yes! I'm watching the re-runs this week.
They've been teasing for too long with those damn adverts. It's getting cruel now.

I never watched it the first time round but, as it has got a lot of my fav comedy actors/actresses in it, I'll have to give it a try.

I've been watching the reruns and I have to admit I didn't like the first one I saw, the second one had its moments ("Well then I'd go back for them then" "You can't, they've been ripped to shreds by the hounds" "NOOOOOOOOOOOO! My CUUUUUUUUUBBBBBBSSS!!!!!!!!!!!" :lmao: ) and the episode I'm watching right this second is great :up:

But even in the crapper episodes I can always amuse myself by star spotting (Isn't that 'er outta The Brittas Empire? Wasn't she in Coupling? etc. :wink: )

I have never watched a whole episode either. I have seen bits of episodes and not found it that good, but maybe I'll give it a second try. It is on after ER on a Monday so it won't be too much effort tuning in.

Not too much love for this show then, eh?? I just love the pure absurdity of it. Yes, some of the gags are basic but I just like the delivery. I've enjoyed watching the re-runs though they haven't been quite as good as I remember them being the first time round. I just hope the new episodes can live up to the hype!

i adore this show - been laughing myself stupid at the reruns lately, so i'm really looking forward to it
unfortunately though i'm gonna miss tonights frist episode - does anyone know if/when it'll be repeated (C4 and E4 always repeat things)

digsy said:
i adore this show - been laughing myself stupid at the reruns lately, so i'm really looking forward to it
unfortunately though i'm gonna miss tonights frist episode - does anyone know if/when it'll be repeated (C4 and E4 always repeat things)

Another fan! Nice!

You can still catch the first episode at these times:

M4 Sunday 9 Apr 9.00PM
M4 Monday 10 Apr 1.30AM
http://www.channel4.com/entertainment/tv/microsites/G/greenwing/index.html

It was also on Sat night at 11 I think. It definitely lived up to the hype for me. The coma scenes with Mac are the best bit IMO, plus more over the top craziness from the nerdy doc and the nutty Scot!

Back
Top Bottom