Green Gables...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sulawesigirl4

Rock n' Roll Doggie ALL ACCESS
So, it was all cold and blizzardy this Saturday and I took the opportunity to resurrect my favorite sit-around-in-jammies-all-day movie...the Anne of Green Gables movies! hehe. Actually, I just watched "Anne of Avonlea". But anyways, it brought back such lovely memories of childhood and rainy days and sitting around wishing I would have Anne's life and wishing that Gilbert Blythe would show up. lol.

This is so hopelessly uncool it should probably go in the Confessionals.
eek.gif

Anyone else out there as uncool as me and want to reminisce?

Well, i have no idea what the Anne of Green Gable movies are about, and i don't have a clue what Anne of Avonlea is about.

So - i really can't say anything, much less say it's uncool. Feel better now?
smile.gif

------------------
- be uncool, yes be awkward

Sula I know what you're talking about. Every once in awhile our local PBS station will run the series. I love to see Anne grow up from on the farm until she excepts the teachig job and you see her grow up to be a fine young woman.

Sula,

My family too enjoys the books and movies very much. In fact, sooo much, that we vacationed at PEI a couple of years ago along with a tour of Nova Scotia.

The kids loved it, but my wife loved it more.

We watched them during the pledge drive last weekend too. My wife laughed and cried. They do that to her.
wink.gif

Mark
http://www.mp3.com/madelyniris

Sulababe,
Lets have an Anne party. I adore the movies and have been in love with Gilbert(that Gilbert) since I was about 9.
One of the main reasons I want to go to Canada is so I can see Prince Edward Island!
I wish I had a Gilbert to pull my hair.

p.s. Have u seen the new one? Part 3 when Anne and Gilbert are grown up?
It was just on tv here, I was very excited to see it but hmm well it just lost something along the way I think. I still loved seeing gorgeous Gilbert, so it was good!

------------------
I am a cowgirl of funk*

Originally posted by Zoomerang96:
martha if you love her so much why dont you just marry her?!

I love PeeWee.

------------------

"You must not look down on someone just 'cos they are 14 years old. When I was that age I listened to the music of John Lennon and it changed my way of seeing things, so I'm just glad that 14 year olds are coming to see U2 rather than group X." - Bono, 1988

Originally posted by zooropamanda:
p.s. Have u seen the new one? Part 3 when Anne and Gilbert are grown up?
It was just on tv here, I was very excited to see it but hmm well it just lost something along the way I think. I still loved seeing gorgeous Gilbert, so it was good!

Thanks zooropamanda for letting us know that there is a part 3 of Anne. I 'll be on the outlook for it.

*ah Gilbert*

The third part isn't so good. I wish they would have stuck with the book more...but the first movie is adorable. My little sister and I watch it ALL the time. I can't stand when Matthew dies...it's soooo incredibly sad.

"Oh Marilla! Look at the puffs!"

Gilbert Blythe went to your high school? lol

I liked the part where Anne accidentally gave Diana Barry raspberry cordial, and then drunken Diana retruned home and she was forbidden to associate with Anne...and Diana gave her a lock of her hair to remember her by....lolol

Also, the woman who played that bitchy school headmaster in Anne of Avonlea did a very good job...

Originally posted by Mrs. Edge:
I love those movies too. The guy who played Gilbert went to my high school!

oh wow, I come back to see my thread has racked up some replies and I'm not alone in my Anne liking.
biggrin.gif
whew.

Yeah, I still have a tiny *thing* for Gilbert. *sigh* hehe. Am jealous of Mrs. Edge for going to school with him!!!!

I heard about the part 3, but I never got to see it.
frown.gif
If anyone has it on tape or knows where to get it, I would be forever indebted.

One of the most poignant memories I have of the first video is the part when Matthew dies.
frown.gif
I still cry every time.

And that kiss between Anne and Gilbert....FINALLY after like 6 hours you get to see them kiss! Talk about delayed gratification. lol.

-sula

sula you make anne of green gables cool!
i'm still not gonna watch it tho
smile.gif

i played with my brand new blackberry 957 all day. when i should have been studying. oh well.

I think every girl who watched those movies in elementary school had a thing for Gilbert.
Ahhhhhh........sweet memories.

Wow I thought I was the only one who paid any attention to Anne of Green Gables! I was at the local library about a month ago checking out books for my five year old, when out of the corner of my eye, I spotted Anne of Avonlea. I remembered reading it ages ago and loving it so I checked it out and read it again to my daughter. I also read the next one, Anne of the Island. Maybe someday I'll get to the other ones too (there's like four more). Call me a geek but I really find that stuff comforting. Lately I've been reading David Sedaris and Flannery O'Connor so ol' cozy Anne books are a breath of fresh air.

sula, theres nothing wrong with liking canadian products!
biggrin.gif

also, their was like a blizzard up here on the weekend too, i wonder if its the same storm? id say its a good chance.

------------------
-deathbear

Originally posted by Zoomerang96:

I am rubber, you are glue. It bounces off me and sticks to you!

Plus, I'm already married. So there.

------------------

She's a little lightheaded, so check on her in a few minutes -- my podiatrist, about me (again), 2-11-02

Anne of Green Gables rawks. I've read all the books. My mother read all the books. My cousins read all the books. We watched the series together. We even watched Road To Avonlea together. I have an Anne of Green Gables pillow.

foray (that last one was a lie)

OMG Mrs Edge!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Are you serious?!!!!!!!!!!!
Jonathan Crombie has been my dream boy forever!!!
Im fainting at hearing this!!!
How did u concentrate with him there?!

*ZooManda passes out*

------------------
I am a cowgirl of funk*

The only Anne of Green Gables movie I saw was the first one, but I read all the books.

------------------
The Irish been coming here for years. Feels like they own the place.

All That You Can't Leave Behind is my album of the year! :p

Love,
Emily

Visit my webpage for U2 wallpapers:
www.geocities.com/springtime5348/index.html

LOL! No, he wasn't in my actual CLASS, he was (I think) four years ahead of me. He just went to the same school. No WAY would I have got any work done if he were in any of my classes!

Have any of you heard of Amanda Marshall? Well, she's this singer who's pretty famous around here, (Elton John apparently loves her!) and she was in my gr. 13 homeroom. She sang Angel of Harlem at one of the lunch time "Star Days"....ahhh, memories....I think it was the same bill where I danced to With or Without You!
biggrin.gif

Originally posted by Mrs. Edge:
LOL! No, he wasn't in my actual CLASS, he was (I think) four years ahead of me. He just went to the same school. No WAY would I have got any work done if he were in any of my classes!

Have any of you heard of Amanda Marshall? Well, she's this singer who's pretty famous around here, (Elton John apparently loves her!) and she was in my gr. 13 homeroom. She sang Angel of Harlem at one of the lunch time "Star Days"....ahhh, memories....I think it was the same bill where I danced to With or Without You!
biggrin.gif

Amanda Marshall is Canadian> AND she went to your high school???

I hear that Jonathon Crombie is quite a big theatre actor in Canada now.
I read all the books when I was little. I think I got all the way up to Rilla of Ingleside. Once they stopped being about Anne they weren't as good though.

Back
Top Bottom