Green Gables...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Originally posted by sulawesigirl4:
So, it was all cold and blizzardy this Saturday and I took the opportunity to resurrect my favorite sit-around-in-jammies-all-day movie...the Anne of Green Gables movies! hehe. Actually, I just watched "Anne of Avonlea". But anyways, it brought back such lovely memories of childhood and rainy days and sitting around wishing I would have Anne's life and wishing that Gilbert Blythe would show up. lol.

This is so hopelessly uncool it should probably go in the Confessionals.
eek.gif

Anyone else out there as uncool as me and want to reminisce?

Sula, I know how you feel. Saturday was such bad driving I was barely allowed to leave my house (another advantage to living with parents...). But I did get out, I went to a friend's house and we did girly things and watch girly movies. A good night for relaxation. Until I drove home and almost went into the ditch a thousand times. Stupid ice/snow/sleet whatever.

------------------
Proud owner, maker and baker of THE U2 cookies.

Originally posted by Mrs.Clayton:
I think every girl who watched those movies in elementary school had a thing for Gilbert.
Ahhhhhh........sweet memories.

LOL!! Gilbert! I *so* loved him when I was in 5th and 6th grade
wink.gif

Did any of you gals read the books too? I love the books
smile.gif

Originally posted by Hallelujah Here She Comes:

smile.gif

Read? Books? You read books?
wink.gif
Jest kidding, it's been so long since I've gotten to read a book using my own decisions...biology is pretty much my pleasure reading. And trust me, it ain't too pleasureable.

------------------
Proud owner, maker and baker of THE U2 cookies.

Originally posted by Hallelujah Here She Comes:
smile.gif

I'm w/ sula...I read all the books, but around RIlla time, I opted out. I missed Anne. My favs were Anne of Green Gables and Anne of the Island through. *sighs* Childhood memories...

I love the part of the movie (and book) where Ruby goes into hysterics b/c Anne has been sent down the river....

"I'm fishing for lake trout"

One of the favourite quotes in my family and with some of my friends has always been
"I'm sorrrry Anne" .
You really gotta over emphasise Gilbert's accent when you say "sorry".

------------------
I am a cowgirl of funk*

I have never met a male who liked Anne of Green Gables.

If I couldn't have had my Mum and Dad as parents, or my grandparents, and I was allowed to choose...Matthew and Marilla, no doubt about it.
I prolly watch the series at least once a year and I still cry when Matthew dies.

Originally posted by zooropamanda:

If I couldn't have had my Mum and Dad as parents, or my grandparents, and I was allowed to choose...Matthew and Marilla, no doubt about it.

You saying you'd like your parents to be brother and sister?!?!?

I memorized the ENTIRE poem of "The Lady of Shallot" because of Anne.
biggrin.gif
I still know a good bit of it, even though it's like 70 lines long or something.

"There she weaves by night and day
A magic web with colours gay
She has heard a whisper say
A curse is on her if she stay
To look down to Camelot...."

biggrin.gif

I loooove that part in the movie where they re-enact it and Anne ends up sinking the boat. And the expression on her face as she is clinging to the bridge piling and Gilbert asks if she needs help. Soooo stubborn! lol.

Other favorites...

-Anne dying her hair green.
-Anne insisting on her name being "Anne with an E"
-Marilla saying "To be in despair is to TURN YOUR BACK ON GOD!" in those stern tones. lol.
-The bit where Anne and Diana go through the woods and fall into the old outhouse hole.
-Diana getting drunk on raspberry cordial.
-Anne selling Rachael Lind's cow thinking it was Dolly (second movie)
-The "Rollings Reliable Baking Powder" story contest.
- Mr. Harris, the guy she almost ends up with (I actually really liked him
smile.gif
)
-When Anne shows Gilbert her book while he's on his supposed deathbed (another tear-jerker)
-The kiss (finally, yay!)

How about Diana and Anne chasing Rachel Lynde's supposed cow through the mud? Heehee

Originally posted by sulawesigirl4:
I memorized the ENTIRE poem of "The Lady of Shallot" because of Anne.
biggrin.gif
I still know a good bit of it, even though it's like 70 lines long or something.

"There she weaves by night and day
A magic web with colours gay
She has heard a whisper say
A curse is on her if she stay
To look down to Camelot...."

biggrin.gif

I loooove that part in the movie where they re-enact it and Anne ends up sinking the boat. And the expression on her face as she is clinging to the bridge piling and Gilbert asks if she needs help. Soooo stubborn! lol.

Other favorites...

-Anne dying her hair green.
-Anne insisting on her name being "Anne with an E"
-Marilla saying "To be in despair is to TURN YOUR BACK ON GOD!" in those stern tones. lol.
-The bit where Anne and Diana go through the woods and fall into the old outhouse hole.
-Diana getting drunk on raspberry cordial.
-Anne selling Rachael Lind's cow thinking it was Dolly (second movie)
-The "Rollings Reliable Baking Powder" story contest.
- Mr. Harris, the guy she almost ends up with (I actually really liked him
smile.gif
)
-When Anne shows Gilbert her book while he's on his supposed deathbed (another tear-jerker)
-The kiss (finally, yay!)

Back
Top Bottom