Green Gables... - Page 3 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 03-11-2002, 06:06 PM   #31
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB
 
Lilly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: back and to the left
Posts: 8,523
Local Time: 10:42 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by sulawesigirl4:
So, it was all cold and blizzardy this Saturday and I took the opportunity to resurrect my favorite sit-around-in-jammies-all-day movie...the Anne of Green Gables movies! hehe. Actually, I just watched "Anne of Avonlea". But anyways, it brought back such lovely memories of childhood and rainy days and sitting around wishing I would have Anne's life and wishing that Gilbert Blythe would show up. lol.

This is so hopelessly uncool it should probably go in the Confessionals.

Anyone else out there as uncool as me and want to reminisce?
Sula, I know how you feel. Saturday was such bad driving I was barely allowed to leave my house (another advantage to living with parents...). But I did get out, I went to a friend's house and we did girly things and watch girly movies. A good night for relaxation. Until I drove home and almost went into the ditch a thousand times. Stupid ice/snow/sleet whatever.

------------------
Proud owner, maker and baker of THE U2 cookies.
__________________

__________________
Lilly is offline  
Old 03-11-2002, 06:09 PM   #32
Rock n' Roll Doggie
 
Hallelujah Here She Comes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: Minneapolis
Posts: 3,528
Local Time: 11:42 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Mrs.Clayton:
I think every girl who watched those movies in elementary school had a thing for Gilbert.
Ahhhhhh........sweet memories.
LOL!! Gilbert! I *so* loved him when I was in 5th and 6th grade

Did any of you gals read the books too? I love the books

__________________

__________________
Hallelujah Here She Comes is offline  
Old 03-11-2002, 07:57 PM   #33
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB
 
Lilly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: back and to the left
Posts: 8,523
Local Time: 10:42 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Hallelujah Here She Comes:

Did any of you gals read the books too? I love the books

Read? Books? You read books? Jest kidding, it's been so long since I've gotten to read a book using my own decisions...biology is pretty much my pleasure reading. And trust me, it ain't too pleasureable.

------------------
Proud owner, maker and baker of THE U2 cookies.
__________________
Lilly is offline  
Old 03-11-2002, 11:43 PM   #34
Refugee
 
senrab's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Maryland
Posts: 1,763
Local Time: 11:42 PM
"Pssssst! Hey! Carrots!"

"Tsk! That Gilbert Blythe called me 'carrots!' "
__________________
senrab is offline  
Old 03-11-2002, 11:58 PM   #35
MacPhisto's serving wench
 
The_Sweetest_Thing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: Inside a bubble
Posts: 3,773
Local Time: 11:42 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Hallelujah Here She Comes:
Did any of you gals read the books too? I love the books

I'm w/ sula...I read all the books, but around RIlla time, I opted out. I missed Anne. My favs were Anne of Green Gables and Anne of the Island through. *sighs* Childhood memories...

I love the part of the movie (and book) where Ruby goes into hysterics b/c Anne has been sent down the river....

__________________
The_Sweetest_Thing is offline  
Old 03-12-2002, 12:06 AM   #36
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS
 
zooropamanda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: Smile, you're reading my post
Posts: 6,515
Local Time: 02:42 PM
"I'm fishing for lake trout"

One of the favourite quotes in my family and with some of my friends has always been
"I'm sorrrry Anne" .
You really gotta over emphasise Gilbert's accent when you say "sorry".



------------------
I am a cowgirl of funk*
__________________
zooropamanda is offline  
Old 03-12-2002, 01:07 AM   #37
Rock n' Roll Doggie
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Location: full of sound and fury
Posts: 3,386
Local Time: 05:42 PM
question. Are guys who love Anne of Green Gables pansies? If so, is the director of Anne a pansie? just kidding.

furry
__________________
foray is offline  
Old 03-12-2002, 03:18 AM   #38
War Child
 
LuvLady's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Perth, Australia
Posts: 516
Local Time: 12:42 PM
I read all the books when I was little!
__________________
LuvLady is offline  
Old 03-12-2002, 07:05 AM   #39
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS
 
zooropamanda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: Smile, you're reading my post
Posts: 6,515
Local Time: 02:42 PM
I have never met a male who liked Anne of Green Gables.

If I couldn't have had my Mum and Dad as parents, or my grandparents, and I was allowed to choose...Matthew and Marilla, no doubt about it.
I prolly watch the series at least once a year and I still cry when Matthew dies.
__________________
zooropamanda is offline  
Old 03-12-2002, 09:51 AM   #40
Acrobat
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Posts: 362
Local Time: 04:42 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by zooropamanda:

If I couldn't have had my Mum and Dad as parents, or my grandparents, and I was allowed to choose...Matthew and Marilla, no doubt about it.

You saying you'd like your parents to be brother and sister?!?!?

__________________
JimmyChicken is offline  
Old 03-12-2002, 11:10 AM   #41
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS
 
sulawesigirl4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: Virginia
Posts: 7,416
Local Time: 11:42 PM
I memorized the ENTIRE poem of "The Lady of Shallot" because of Anne. I still know a good bit of it, even though it's like 70 lines long or something.

"There she weaves by night and day
A magic web with colours gay
She has heard a whisper say
A curse is on her if she stay
To look down to Camelot...."



I loooove that part in the movie where they re-enact it and Anne ends up sinking the boat. And the expression on her face as she is clinging to the bridge piling and Gilbert asks if she needs help. Soooo stubborn! lol.

Other favorites...

-Anne dying her hair green.
-Anne insisting on her name being "Anne with an E"
-Marilla saying "To be in despair is to TURN YOUR BACK ON GOD!" in those stern tones. lol.
-The bit where Anne and Diana go through the woods and fall into the old outhouse hole.
-Diana getting drunk on raspberry cordial.
-Anne selling Rachael Lind's cow thinking it was Dolly (second movie)
-The "Rollings Reliable Baking Powder" story contest.
- Mr. Harris, the guy she almost ends up with (I actually really liked him )
-When Anne shows Gilbert her book while he's on his supposed deathbed (another tear-jerker)
-The kiss (finally, yay!)
__________________
sulawesigirl4 is offline  
Old 03-12-2002, 12:01 PM   #42
Refugee
 
senrab's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Maryland
Posts: 1,763
Local Time: 11:42 PM
How about Diana and Anne chasing Rachel Lynde's supposed cow through the mud? Heehee

Quote:
Originally posted by sulawesigirl4:
I memorized the ENTIRE poem of "The Lady of Shallot" because of Anne. I still know a good bit of it, even though it's like 70 lines long or something.

"There she weaves by night and day
A magic web with colours gay
She has heard a whisper say
A curse is on her if she stay
To look down to Camelot...."



I loooove that part in the movie where they re-enact it and Anne ends up sinking the boat. And the expression on her face as she is clinging to the bridge piling and Gilbert asks if she needs help. Soooo stubborn! lol.

Other favorites...

-Anne dying her hair green.
-Anne insisting on her name being "Anne with an E"
-Marilla saying "To be in despair is to TURN YOUR BACK ON GOD!" in those stern tones. lol.
-The bit where Anne and Diana go through the woods and fall into the old outhouse hole.
-Diana getting drunk on raspberry cordial.
-Anne selling Rachael Lind's cow thinking it was Dolly (second movie)
-The "Rollings Reliable Baking Powder" story contest.
- Mr. Harris, the guy she almost ends up with (I actually really liked him )
-When Anne shows Gilbert her book while he's on his supposed deathbed (another tear-jerker)
-The kiss (finally, yay!)
__________________

__________________
senrab is offline  
 

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:42 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Design, images and all things inclusive copyright © Interference.com