Green Day's American Idiot

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
phanan said:

Lyrics are cool, music sounds great, but that singer's voice sucks.

yeah, i guess his voice is an acquired taste. a lot like the dropkick murphys songs that ken casey sings large portions of.

:shrug:

UnforgettableLemon said:
See, I loved Ken Casey's voice from the start

me too. well, exceot for initially on "upstarts & broken hearts", but i finally saw the light when the live album came out. it seems like i know more people who like dkm and hate his voice than like dkm and like his voice. or maybe not, and i'm just thinking of this one guy from the radio station who i went to see dkm with a while ago...he spent the whole drive coming up with songs he hoped they didn't play because ken casey sings too much on them. he even ruled out "never alone" :mad:

like mark linskey's voice with HF, it doesn't sound like every cookie-cutter wannabe pop-star on american idol or every dumbed-down whiney MTV punker, but it works with the style of music their bands play.

operatic power metal works, i don't think the same would hold true for "operatic street punk". :hmm:

Popmartijn said:

No.
You were accused of being an evil republican GUY!

:tongue:

*doesn't own any Green Day*

:lol:

true. it just goes to prove that the people accusing me of this stuff know absolutly nothing about me.

Zootlesque said:
At least mine was funny. This guy is an idiot, probably a republican who can't understand the genius of concept albums like American Idiot.

While I'd hardly call myself a republican anymore, I am certainly no liberal or democrat, and I LOVE this album! :up: Yet more proof you don't have to 'get it' or feel it to like it!;)

Back
Top Bottom