Green Day - American Idiot

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
typhoon said:

You know, Karen O isn't exactly mastering that lipstick in your avatar.

Karen O can do no wrong for me....

But in reference to lack attention on her lipstick applying self... hey it's a promo pick and done as show schtick. Billy Joe and co. think their bad eyeliner/ mascara job is stylish but instead they look like they are about to burst into tears. That is all I say.

I have no problem with eye makeup for men. About DAMN time!

Flying FuManchu said:

Karen O can do no wrong for me....

Well you are welcome to her. We all have our obsessions :tongue:

But in reference to lack attention on her lipstick applying self... hey it's a promo pick and done as show schtick. Billy Joe and co. think their bad eyeliner/ mascara job is stylish but instead they look like they are about to burst into tears. That is all I say.

Oh, crying, that's what you meant. Maybe it just got messed up over time, it happens to girls too.

I have no problem with eye makeup for men. About DAMN time!

They weren't the first, lots of guys have worn it. Scott Weiland uses it too. Even 100 years ago some wore it. Eyeliner looks hot on the right guy with the right eyes. Hey didn't U2 wear it in the drag video?;)

U2Kitten said:

They weren't the first, lots of guys have worn it. Scott Weiland uses it too. Even 100 years ago some wore it. Eyeliner looks hot on the right guy with the right eyes. Hey didn't U2 wear it in the drag video?;)

In a heterosexual appreciative way, I agree. Brian Molko of Placebo and Daniel Johns of Silverchair/Disassociatives for example. And the aforementioned Scott Weiland, and Kurt Cobain at times.

Robert Smith, I was just coming back to mention him! The entire band in the "Just Like Heaven" video :drool:

I was also thinking, maybe the 'messy' eye makeup is intentional, a look they were trying to achieve, to look sad, or hollow eyed or something?

Originally posted by HelloAngel
Love love love eyeliner on rockstars. So hot!!!! :combust: Billy Joe is really looking hot these days.

:up: :yes: :drool:

I want to make a Billie Joe is hot thread, should I put it in PLEBAns? ;)

Last edited:
And now that hotness has been brought up the guys won't post in this thread anymore :sigh:

pepokiss said:
Listen to LETTER BOMB and ROCK AND ROLL GIRLFREIND... :drool:
While we're on the subject, who does the vocal on "Rock and Roll Girlfriend"?

I love how everyone seems to say Green Day "used to suck but they're good now" when all they've changed is their lyrical content and added two epic songs. Take those two out and they really haven't done a damn thing different for this record. I've always loved them and new this album was coming as soon as they released Nimrod like 8 years ago.

TheFly84138 said:
"used to suck but they're good now"

maybe i missed those posts here. i certainly haven't heard anyone anywhere else say that. EVER.

Ok I'm late on this thread but whatever.

I disagree with your assessment that it's a "fuck bush" album. Yeah, the title track kinda is. But I find that the rest of the album, for the most part, is more of a personal story than a "fuck america" thing. You may want to give it another listen.

Oh, and as far as liking Green Day,
I liked "Dookie" and then haven't liked anything else of their's until "American Idiot." I got so fucking sick of Billie Joe Armstrong trying to prove to everyone at Gilman how damn punk he is after they started hating him for becoming a rock star. Thankfully he seems to have gotten over that and can move on and make meaningful music.

IWasBored said:
i really hate the song "american idiot" and i'm not too much of a fan of the rest of the album aside from "boulevard of broken dreams".

i'm still convinced that it's yet another half-assed punk anthem for clueless suburban kids to chant "fuck bush" to at the warped tour, in between sucking down slices of domino's pizza.

whatever. last time i said this, i started a fight.

i like the entire "warning" album a hell of a lot, and like the oldest stuff for the most part better.

tennispunk said:

I disagree with your assessment that it's a "fuck bush" album. Yeah, the title track kinda is. But I find that the rest of the album, for the most part, is more of a personal story than a "fuck america" thing. You may want to give it another listen.

you should read my later posts.

i'm pretty sure i said that was my feeling after hearing THAT SONG, and nowhere did i say it was representative of the rest of the album.

i already explained this to UL.

So I finally bought this, and there are NO pics of the band inside! :scream: What a ripoff! :madspit:

U2Kitten said:
So I finally bought this, and there are NO pics of the band inside! :scream: What a ripoff! :madspit:

Well.... that's because it's not about them, it's about Jesus of Suburbia, St. Jimmy, and Whatsername. :)

UL, can you please explain the concept of the rock opera? I'm not getting it :huh: :reject:

I like the CD anyway, which proves my point of many years, you don't have to like something to get it, and you can get it and still not like it, so not gettting it has no bearing on whether or not you like something.

Basically, it's about a group of kids that are detached from traditional things in society like family and religion, and those institutions have been replaced with war, drugs, ennui, and consumerism. It's really heavy on the consumerism=new religion thing. The story is a little hard to follow, so it's easier to pick up on recurring themes and try to work it out from there.

how could you possibly be embarassed for NOT having it?

i believe iwasbored has nailed it completely.

and i'm sorry u2kitten, but if you buy cds for pictures of the band...come on.

Back
Top Bottom