Green Day

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ozeeko

Refugee
I'm a little ticked off that Green Day won for Record Of The Year. The damn album has been out for two years. They said it themselves in their acceptance speech. I realize it's one of their later singles...but in all fairness there should be a one year cut-off. I wish Gorillaz won in that category. Them being a virtual animated band, I think a lot of people would've been interested in seeing who's the brains behind the project. Also I'm a huge Blur fan. As for Green Day, I liked them much more when they were writing teen-age slacker anthems (Longview) rather than this political shit. I doubt they would've even been noticed for that album without playing the political angle.

They have made some catchy songs, but they definitely aren't an incredible band in my humble opinion. If someone disagrees, thats cool, I can see how they would appeal to people, they're very opinionated and rocking.

But yea doesn't that seem kinda strange that the whole "punk" thing was basically no government? I mean wasn't that Sex Pistols song about being an anarchist and anti-christ. Yet they love to promote an anti-bush, anti-republican government.

OMG THAT's SO PUNK!!!! :moshes:

I don't know what the hell i'm saying :huh: haha.

love_u2_adam said:
i know..i dont like them...there dumb ...they think they know every thing about politics...since when did politics become "COOL" to punks.....and there not punk...i have lamps that are more punk then them!!

Asking the politics question, proves you have no clue what punk is.

ozeeko said:
I'm a little ticked off that Green Day won for Record Of The Year. The damn album has been out for two years. They said it themselves in their acceptance speech. I realize it's one of their later singles...but in all fairness there should be a one year cut-off.

It's what year the single was released. It was released during this grammy year.

Take it up with the acedemy.

the sheer stupidity of u2_love_adam's question aside, i find this thread amusing. where were you guys when the album actually did come out and i was getting flamed all over the place (my favorite was the guy who called me a republican) for saying this stuff back then?

The Green Day album came out two months before U2, but I don't hear you complaining about U2 winning. Seriously.

Oh, and politics and punks have gone together before. Ever hear of The Clash? They just did the politics better.

catlhere said:
They have made some catchy songs, but they definitely aren't an incredible band in my humble opinion. If someone disagrees, thats cool, I can see how they would appeal to people, they're very opinionated and rocking.

But yea doesn't that seem kinda strange that the whole "punk" thing was basically no government? I mean wasn't that Sex Pistols song about being an anarchist and anti-christ. Yet they love to promote an anti-bush, anti-republican government.

OMG THAT's SO PUNK!!!! :moshes:

I don't know what the hell i'm saying :huh: haha.

That was a good description of them in the 90's, but have you heard American Idiot (other than the title song?) It's a great album and really shows their improvement, maturity and increase in pure talent that has come over the years as a band who stayed together. I like them now, and Billie Joe is HOT since he gave up the silly punk look. The longer black hair and eye liner = :combust:

And speaking of milking an album for 2 years, U2 did the same, with Bomb and ATYCLB! Boulevard of Broken Dreams is an awesome song, and deserved the award more than anything it was up against.

Green Day's competition for Record of the Year:

Mariah Carey, "We Belong Together"

Gorillaz, "Feel Good Inc."

Gwen Stefani, "Hollaback Girl"

Kayne West, "Gold Digger"

Boulevard was by far the best and most deserving song. Consider the writing, the lyrics, the performance and the sound compared to those others.

doubleU said:

Asking the politics question, proves you have no clue what punk is.

omg i like politics and umm i get told off by the punks in my school that i am a loser cause politics sucks....so you can call me a idiot and a dumb ass all you want cause i dont give a damn any more:mad: and i do lisen to the clash and other punk bands its just green day is a teen band!!

Last edited:
bsp77 said:
The Green Day album came out two months before U2, but I don't hear you complaining about U2 winning. Seriously.

Oh, and politics and punks have gone together before. Ever hear of The Clash? They just did the politics better.

hey, i'm all in favor of complaining about u2 winning!

love_u2_adam, where the hell do you go to school?

IWasBored said:
the sheer stupidity of u2_love_adam's question aside, i find this thread amusing. where were you guys when the album actually did come out and i was getting flamed all over the place (my favorite was the guy who called me a republican) for saying this stuff back then?

Wait! Wait! Wait! Someone called you a republican because you liked the Green Day album!?!?

could you please type like it, then?

it makes discussions a little easier.

you go to school with a bunch of really stupid kids pretending to be punks, by the way.

barlowdog said:

Wait! Wait! Wait! Someone called you a republican because you liked the Green Day album!?!?

:lol: No, because she doesn't like it.

I really hope that wasn't me. I know we argued about Green Day, but hopefully I wasn't the one that said that. Who knows, that was shortly after I started posting.

barlowdog said:

i'm officially having a bad day when i can't tell if you're being sarcastic :huh:

bsp77 said:

I really hope that wasn't me. I know we argued about Green Day, but hopefully I wasn't the one that said that. Who knows, that was shortly after I started posting.

it was either you or zootelesqe. i can't remember. either way, i don't hold a grudge against either of you. it really doesn't matter.

love_u2_adam said:
^you think i dont know that.......if i type better stop calling me an idiot:wink: please

relax, i haven't called you an idiot yet.

i know you know that. i saw your thread about bad spelling before it was deleted. i'd just like to hear more about these punks who think that politics have nothing to do with the style of music, and i'd like to be able to read it.

IWasBored said:

i'm officially having a bad day when i can't tell if you're being sarcastic :huh:

I'm being sarcastic.

Everyone should stop pickin' on love_U2_Adam. It's sleepy time.

IWasBored said:
i know you know that. i saw your thread about bad spelling before it was deleted. i'd just like to hear more about these punks who think that politics have nothing to do with the style of music, and i'd like to be able to read it.
Wouldn't surprise me. Punks around the Clash's time were like, "Fuck the establishment. Let's change some shit." "Punks" these days are more like, "Fuck everything. Let's complain a lot."

KIDS THESE DAYS.

bsp77 said:

Well, if anyone doesn't like it they're obviously a republican. :wink:

Back
Top Bottom