Greece stuns US at Basketball Worlds

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

trevster2k

Rock n' Roll Doggie Band-aid
The world is flat indeed!!

http://www.cbc.ca/story/sports/national/2006/09/01/basketball-worlds-semis.html

Congratulations to the Greek team!!

It's refreshing to know that other countries have learned how to play sports at or better then the level of countries which traditionally dominated a sport. Here in Canada, we can definitely appreciate what is happening in basketball, hockey has seen an incredible level of parity in the past decade.

Last edited:
I'm dedicating this Radiohead quote from Karma Police to the U.S. team...:

"...This is what you get when you mess with us..."
Seriously now, we are living big days here in Greece...The team played with 95% of it's powers...The final will be easy I'm telling you....If you want extra money, bet for Greece for the final, easy money...:p

tokyo_2006_9_1_14_50_2_b.jpg

s2_2006_9_1_17_27_38_b.jpg

xoros_b.jpg

Wow, that second photo speaks volumes!!!!

Bravo!!

not that it actually matters, but September 1 at 4:51 pm EST (the time of this thread's first post) is a bit later in the day than September 1 at 9:15 am EST (the time of the other thread's first post).

my point is there's already a thread discussing the game, and you should feel free to join.

mergey mcmegernstein

cheers

Anyway, I saw this thread first so I posted the photos...
After all this is the thread about GREECE stunning the world..:p Sothe pics are for this topic...
The other topic from what I've read is about how you are gonna create a team that can beat us...The pics were not so appropriate for it...
Better luck next time...And please bring a better team 'cause this was too easy to beat....Btw nice dunks...Too bad there is not any dunk competition, you could easily win...:p
Love

Headache in a Suitcase said:
so the other thread wasn't good enough for ya?

Didn't even see it, You lika da Juice, didn't sound like basketball to me so I didn't even click on it. :wink:

Back
Top Bottom