Greatest Soul Singer

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MrBrau1

ONE love, blood, life
Who is it? Al Green, Sam Cooke, Aretha? No, it's Otis Redding. I rediscoveded my Redding box set and realised this again. "These Arm Of Mine", "Security", Dock of the Bay", "Respect". This is music I could never stop listening to. It's direct and honest and simple. No games or gimicks, just a guy singing his heart out. Why isn't ANYONE from the modern Soul/R&B scene like this? Why is it all about Bling/Ass? They disgrace their heritage.

Aren't you all forgetting Ginuwine and R. Kelly? :wink:

And hey, I've got no problem with the ass and bling.

But nothing beats the first soul singer and the Greatest Soul Man in the world, the Bishop Of Soul, the one, the only

Solomon Burke

!!!

Popmartijn said:
But nothing beats the first soul singer and the Greatest Soul Man in the world, the Bishop Of Soul, the one, the only

Solomon Burke

!!!

I was going to say him but I think of him as more of a funk/blues type singer, excellent regardless...

I saw the title of this thread and I immediately thought of Otis Redding. I opened the thread up, and BAM! There was his name. Very good pick. I've always thought 'In A Little While' was Bono's attempt at writing a song like 'These Arms Are Mine'. Man, I love that song! ('These Arms Are Mine'). It gets me every time.

Back
Top Bottom