Greatest MTV Unplugged

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

pepokiss

Rock n' Roll Doggie ALL ACCESS
I say the greatest was the KISS unplugged sesion..

- because it was really acoustic...
- it was a real fan treat, old obscure songs and high mainstream tunes all in one, from the amazing start with Comin home to the Rock and Roll all nite finale
- Because it was the real reunion concert, with an amazing feeling in the air

that's why... for me KISS Unplugged is the greatest

Maybe Nirvana or Pearl Jam or REM N?1 could be a nice second place

What do you think?

When it comes to the MTV unplugged CD's that were released...........I'd honestly say Alanis Morissette has the best one......

I don't know about the "greatest," but my two personal favorites have been Live and Tori Amos. I'm also a huge fan of the Uptown Unplugged, with Jodeci, Mary J. Blige, and Heavy D.

OMG, there were so many episodes of the show. Can someone please list all of the artist who graced the Unplugged set?

I have the Greatest Hits of Unplugged, which features many great performances, so I'd say that each one was unique and worthy of consideration. I think Clapton's was decent, as were Don Henley's, Paul McCartney's, and Stevie Ray Vaughn.

The Nirvana one was great!

So was Alice in Chains. I just listened to it yesterday.

My favorite of all time is Bruce Springsteen's, but I'm not sure that really counts 'cause he plugged in after the first song! :wink:

alice in chains and pearl jam get my vote!

honestly, even though so many people consider nirvana's to be the greatest, i actually consider it as a pretty crap show. besides the david bowie cover and "where did you sleep last night", nirvana should have considered staying plugged in.

mikal said:
alice in chains and pearl jam get my vote!

honestly, even though so many people consider nirvana's to be the greatest, i actually consider it as a pretty crap show. besides the david bowie cover and "where did you sleep last night", nirvana should have considered staying plugged in.

That one superb rendition of Where Did You Sleep Last Night gives it all the quality it needs. It can't get better than that.

That said, my votes also goes to Pearl Jam. Eric Clapton was good too BTW.

*wants to hear the Elvis Costello one*

ooh! i also forgot to mention Incubus, simply for their lounge version of "Certain Shade Of Green."

I must say that Kiss Unplugged is one of the best ones, they proved they could really play (even though they did many takes on some songs) I especially like Sure Know Something and Nothing To Loose I think this versions are brilliant. And God of Thunder is hilarious. And it made the reunion happen

brettig said:
Two that haven't been mentioned yet: Midnight Oil, Bob Dylan - both very underrated performances.

I've never seen Midnight Oil's, didn't even know they did one. I'd love to see that, they're one of my fave bands.

I'd say Pearl Jam..."Porch" is the best MTV unplugged song ever performed.("No cussing...What the UMPH is this world coming to)

Close 2nd would be AIC.

There were so many good ones, that was such a fantastic show back in the day, giving all these artists the chance to prove their chops. Don Henley's was great (probably greatest version ever of "Heart of the Matter), so was Rod Stewart's, Stone Temple Pilots, Pearl Jam, Nirvana, Alanis Morissette (have the CD, love it).

I know that MTV2 had brought the show back for a while with Lauryn Hill and such (sadly, I didn't have MTV2 at the time), but is it still on? Of course, how many really popular artists today could pull off the acoustic thing? Is the world really ready for Britney Spears Unplugged?

Back
Top Bottom