Grant-Lee Phillips Relief Concert

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

U2SavesTheWorld

Rock n' Roll Doggie ALL ACCESS
I received the following email a bit ago and thought I'd pass on the information to the West Coast Interferencers:

STORM HYMNAL- KATRINA RELIEF CONCERT
The El Rey Theatre in Los Angeles
To Benefit The American Red Cross & Habitat For Humanity
Sunday Eve. Oct. 16th, Doors 7:00PM, Show 8:00PM

Dear Friends:

Grant-Lee Phillips here, with a message about a most urgent cause. I, along with my fellow musicians, actors and comedians will be coming together for the STORM HYMNAL- KATRINA RELIEF CONCERT on Sunday Eve. Oct. 16th, Doors 7:00PM, Show 8:00PM. I hope you can and will attend this special event. With an aim to raise as much money as possible, please do what you can to share this information with your friends, family, and coworkers. This extra effort will help immensely to get the good word out. I'm proud to announce that KCRW will be presenting the event. Goldenvoice Promotions, The El Rey Theatre and indeed all of the great artists involved have committed to donating their services. 100% of the net proceeds will benefit The American Red Cross and Habitat for Humanity for the victims of Katrina. Your compassion, generosity and involvement is greatly appreciated.

With thanks,
Grant-Lee Phillips

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

STORM HYMNAL- KATRINA RELIEF CONCERT
100% of All Net Proceeds to Benefit
The America Red Cross & Habitat for Humanity
For The Victims of Hurricane Katrina

John Doe
Jakob Dylan
Joe Henry
Glen Phillips
Grant-Lee Phillips
Sam Phillips
Victoria Williams
The Section Quartet
Greg Behrendt
The Girls Guitar Club...
Karen Kilgariff & Mary Lynn Rajskub

Plus DJ Carmen Rizzo & a video by Carlos Grasso
Hosted by Todd Carlin

Doors 7:00PM
Showtime: 8:00PM
5515 Wilshire Blvd.
Los Angeles, CA 90036
btwn Fairfax Ave and La Brea Ave
Cross Street: Burnside Ave
323-936-6400

I am in St. Louis so I cannot, unfortunately, attend this show. I am, however, a HUGE Grant-Lee Phillips fan (and, by extension, a fan of Grant Lee Buffalo).
Since he doesn't play often, I thought this was good news to spread.

i only have this album.

B0001EFTJC.01._SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

Ah! The Greatest Hits record. Good one.

They only had 4 records:

Fuzzy 1993
Mighty Joe Moon 1994
Copperopolis 1996
Jubilee 1998

They're all really good. No duds.

MrBrau1 said:

Yep. Brilliant American Band.

Another band nobody here listens to.

Hey I do! AND I've seen him almost every time he's played in Australia, with GLB and solo, and the nicest bloke to talk to.

Brilliant, brilliant man! :drool:

BonoVoxSupastar said:

Chicago...

So we were at the same friggin show. :mad:

I was the guy up front who had too many Smithwicks (I had to make up for an 11 year drought without one). I was talking to a nice redhead (female) that had just moved to town...and then the ex-gf I went to the show yanked me out of the bar because she had a flight to NYC the next morning. :mad:

It was a GREAT show!

zonelistener said:

So we were at the same friggin show. :mad:

I was the guy up front who had too many Smithwicks (I had to make up for an 11 year drought without one). I was talking to a nice redhead (female) that had just moved to town...and then the ex-gf I went to the show yanked me out of the bar because she had a flight to NYC the next morning. :mad:

It was a GREAT show!

:lol: I was sitting at a table by myself. I just moved there, only been there a few weeks didn't know a single soul.

It was a great show. I loved the very looseness of it. The getting up and playing with each other etc...

I'm a fan, although I just have one CD of each: Mighty Joe Moon and his first solo album, Mobilize. Both are great.

Back
Top Bottom