Grant Lee Buffalo

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BVS

Blue Crack Supplier
Does anyone here listen to them? They're one of my fave bands and I haven't found one single person who's heard of them. I got to see them live once before they broke up, amazing concert.

Now that Grant is touring alone I'd love to see him but haven't had the chance.

Well I just wanted to see if there were any other fans out there.

i remember one song they had that got a decent amoutn of airplay on commercial radio in 1998.

actually, i just remember the band's name. maybe if someone mentioned the song title it might trigger a memory as to what they sounded like.

i don't remember being a big fan of that song, but that's just one song. and a single getting airplay is never an accurate representation of a band's work. so it's more like i've got no idea who they are. but we've got a bunch of their stuff at the radio station.

Hey IWB, it was Mockingbird, and it was /is a GREAT tune.

BonoVox-They are one of my top 5 all time bands, genius they were. They may be the best American band of all time, next to Jellyfish. I can't start saying great things about them, cause I won't stop. Jupiter & Teardrop, Fuzzy, Lonestar Song, Honey Don't Think, Dixie Drugstore, 8 Mile Road, Testimony, etc. They rule.

i'm in worse shape than i thought as far as my memory goes then...

...doesn't ring a bell. i remember liking it for a while and then getting sick of it.

let's see if soulseek will come through for me.

truly, truly

something like that

that's what it was. i looked it up. hooray. now i can sleep tonight without it bugging me (cos it would have)

MrBrau1 said:
Hey IWB, it was Mockingbird, and it was /is a GREAT tune.

BonoVox-They are one of my top 5 all time bands, genius they were. They may be the best American band of all time, next to Jellyfish. I can't start saying great things about them, cause I won't stop. Jupiter & Teardrop, Fuzzy, Lonestar Song, Honey Don't Think, Dixie Drugstore, 8 Mile Road, Testimony, etc. They rule.

Absolutely. Did you ever get to see them live?

Have you checked out any of his solo stuff? He just came out with an album this month I think.

I saw them 2x in 98, once at The Mercury Lounge and once at Irving Plaza in NYC. Both were great shows! I've heard his solo stuff, and I'm not really into it, but the band stuff was ace.

I saw them once in Fort Worth, they played this outside concert and I was lucky enough to get VIP tickets. So I got to hang out with the band quite a bit actually, they were all really cool guys.

Yeah his solo stuff is pretty weak, especially compared to the band's work.

bought their Fuzzy album and the one after that which name always escapes me, but had moon in the title somewhere I think

Salome said:
bought their Fuzzy album and the one after that which name always escapes me, but had moon in the title somewhere I think

Mighty Joe Moon

Great album!

Back
Top Bottom