Grand Theft Auto III

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Achtung_Bebe

New Yorker
This Playstation 2 game (Grand Theft Auto III) has been released for like two months, so I dont' know if there has been a post about it already... but anyway... I just rented it from Blockbuster--OMG, it's the greatest game of all time! How intelligent! I never knew they could store so much on one disc... it's like actual life, with real on-the-street situations... taken a bit to the extreme ofcourse, because your main objective is to steal cars and bust through police barricades lol (oh yeah and then you have the missions to worry about... but the chaos you cause on the street keeps you busy for hours). You can also surf through 9 different original to the video game radio stations, with original music. I think they should put out a soundtrack because some of this stuff is really good. My favorite radio station to listen to is chatterbox--the talk show host is just hilarious, and so are the call ins. There's someone who calls in who's organizing a boycot against telephones, lol. There's a huge improvement from numbers 1 and 2. First of all, the angles--instead of just bird's eye view you can choose from like 4 or 5, including a cinematic view (which is very difficult to navigate with, but looks nice) Anyway, does anyone else just love this game??

------------------
"" strive not to be someone's trophy, rather be their treasure ~Jared

btw, this video game got rated 2/10ths of a point higher than Final Fantasy V, which I haven't played yet, but the fact that it got ranked above a Final Fantasy game is saying a lot.

------------------
"" strive not to be someone's trophy, rather be their treasure ~Jared

The game is a lot of fun. My little brother (17) has it and I am always borrowing it from him. Friday night my friends and I (all between the ages of 24-30) got together for a video game night, and we ended up playing GTA for 4 hours.

However... This game is not for children. There is tons of violence (including killing cops), drug use, prostitution, organized crime, etc. I seriously hope that parents are supervising the games that their kids are playing, and reading warnings before they buy games for their kids. When I was in Blockbuster on Friday night, I was told by a 7 or 8 year old boy that GTA was the best game ever. That scared the hell out of me!

My little brother got this game for X-mas, he's 19. He played the game from 10 pm until 7 am with his buddy. I guess it's a lot of fun. Oh, and my parents bought the game such a long time ago that it is the version where the plane crashes into the building. yipe. I thought they would have taken that out.

Originally posted by WildHoneyAlways:
My little brother got this game for X-mas, he's 19. He played the game from 10 pm until 7 am with his buddy. I guess it's a lot of fun. Oh, and my parents bought the game such a long time ago that it is the version where the plane crashes into the building. yipe. I thought they would have taken that out.

what? i don't think that version ever existed.
you can fly a plane and crash it into a building in the current version, but nothing happens. your plane just falls. no damage to the building at all.

The best part is that you can take a break from the storyline and the missions and go out to make your own mayhem. I just played for 3 hours exploring the first island looking for new weapons and locales. And the people are so fun to screw with.

So, then there is a version where you crash a plane into a building, eh? Hmm, I wonder what the new ending is.

we you reach the 3rd island, there is an airport with planes in it. you can only fly one plane though, it's a cessna i think with clipped wings. it's a bitch to fly properly, but you can fly it to the other islands in the game.

I don't have the game myself (or even the system for it - opting for the cute little Game Boy Advance
biggrin.gif
), but I was watching the Daily Show today when the guest, one of the actors from Orange County, was explaining one of the more interesting aspects of the game.

Apparently - and I would love confirmation from you guys about this - there's an alternate way to restore your health; you don't have to go to a hospital:

* Pick up a hooker from off the street.

* Find a secluded part of town.

* Put the car in "park".

* Wait.

The car will then start bouncing up and down, your money will start decreasing, and your health will increase.

And if you want your money back, let the hooker get out of the car, and run her down.

Sick, sick, sick... and yet I laugh.

the game is amazing. criminal activity has never been so much fun
smile.gif

chatterbox is hilarious, there is this mexican priest who fancies himself as the saviour of marriages. he turns wifes into cheating whores so that they can "spark' the love back into their marriages!!! fantastic.

look for another similar game for PS2 called "state of emergency" from the same company rockstar games. in that one you have to riot againt the government!! LOL
smile.gif

My little bro (14) has it. I've had a couple of goes on it. has anyone stolen a boat yet? I have lol. Radio stations. Doesn't one say about mail order kittens? I'm sure I heard that.

How f*&^%$# awesome is this game??????? I must have watched my friend play this for 12 hours over the weekend. I am however, the criminal genius... without me, he never would have gotten through some of the missions.

I wanna play this game a lot... and as soon as I get over to my buddy's house, I'm gonna give it a whirl.

Back
Top Bottom