Grammy Time

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I can't believe Britney got nominated! :barf:

I just hope "Hero" and "My Sacrifice" don't beat out U2, Coldplay, and whoever else is in that category.

its just one big popularity contest isnt it?
only the music has sold well can win, no matter how good or bad it is. And there are just too many categories to have any real meaning, basically so they can give one to everyone.

plus what is Best Pop Instrumental Performance about? I dont think you could call BB King or Pat Metheny pop somehow. If you cant find instumental pop why have the category at all?

Hey, its not so bad, U2 got nominated for their live performance of Walk On! I'll be watching to see if U2 when the the Rock performance catagory for the 3rd year in a row. I'll also be watching to see if U2 wins its 15th Grammy! U2 has won 14 Grammy's, more than almost any other artist in history and more than any of the artist nominated at this years awards. GO U2!

After reviewing the nominations,
It is a real toss up for me.

I can?t decide if I should stay home and watch,
or check in to the hospital and be re-circumcised.

MonaVox said:
There is the quadruple-platinum debut from Avril Lavigne, a Canadian teenage rocker who helped turn youth interest away from teen pop
:laugh: yeah!! avril is the alternative to pop, that's a good one! :lmao:

anyway, i hope she wins best new artist. seriously. :|

word has it that u2 is set to perform 43 songs, as they are inducted into the grammy hall of fame.

unfortunately for die hard fans, u2 will be performing with creed, nickelback, nellie, britney spears, and naturally, aerosmith.

i got this off the wire at work.

it begins

10 minutes in the car on the way home and this is what I heard as I searched desperately for some good tunes: (i starred the ones i heard more than once)

MonaVox said:
Spy Report:

Eminem

Avril Lavigne, *

Norah Jones,

Nickelback

Vanessa Carlton *

John Mayer *

:banghead:

deep said:
After reviewing the nominations,
It is a real toss up for me.

I can?t decide if I should stay home and watch,
or check in to the hospital and be re-circumcised.

May I suggest oral surgery instead. Doesn't require a hospital stay and you can go home and watch the grammies while heavily medicated.

Coldplay is alternative?

Avril is up for 5 nominations? Blechhhh

Michelle Branch is 100x more talented than Avril and her album is soo much better. Im shocked. If Avril wins, I'll...I don't know but it'll be srastic, you better believe it.

Avril? Come on...what the hell, were the friggen nominators on crack? Or did she show them her ass crack and beg for mercy??

joyfulgirl said:

May I suggest oral surgery instead. Doesn't require a hospital stay and you can go home and watch the grammies while heavily medicated.

Joyful:wave:

I have had oral surgery. I understand it, the necessity of it.

After reviewing these nominations: the artists they included in the same category, the artist they left out. There is no rhyme or reason to most of them.
That said, to watch this makes about as much sense to me as re-circumcism.

Certainly you realize they're industry awards....industry meaning business....business meaning $$$$...for the music industry and record companies and CBS...so it's essentially a popularity contest.

And yet I am fascinated... I agree with the train wreck theory

Utter rubbish. OK, I'm happy Coldplay, Beck, Norah Jones and U2 all got nominated, but Avril Lavigne? Good God what's the world coming to? Well, on the bright side, maybe Coldplay will perform! That's reason enough to catch it. Maybe Chris Martin will do his 'mini-Bono' dance moves and stuff.

KhanadaRhodes said:
i'm glad to see peter gabriel nominated, i guess they did it out of sheer respect since it took him a couple hundred years to come up with this album. :D :macdevil:

I agree, i wish the Gabriel album was a little better, Im dissapointed.....:|

U2's only nom is against interference fave Coldplay......should be a good race

U2LA said:
What about the sheer snub of the Chili Peppers?? I cant belive it. Nickelback and no Chili Peppers. Something is really screwed here.

I'm still catching up from having been away...

Yeah, the snub of the Chili Peppers makes me a little mad. I'm not sure if "The Zephyr Song" was released in time, but "By the Way" was better than that dumb 3 Doors Down song, too. Either one would have been better.

Isn't "The Zephyr Song" great? I love all the weird happy/sad melodic stuff the Peppers have done on their last couple of albums.

paxetaurora said:

I'm still catching up from having been away...

Yeah, the snub of the Chili Peppers makes me a little mad.

Me too! I was sure they would get nominations. I don't always pay really close attention to the charts, but I was under the impression the By the Way CD sold well and the title track was really high on the Modern Rock singles chart. It was also a great tune, IMHO.

Back
Top Bottom