Grammy Nominations Announced

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
PlaTheGreat said:

By making a quality album.

And no, you are not allowed to refute that based on the fact that you hate the entire genre to begin with.

Yeah, I might need to listen to JT again today. The first half with its dancey Prince vibe is great. The second half with the tearjerking Michael Jackson ballads kinda sucks. So maybe I will just listen to the first half.

Oh, and why isn't Muse nominated for alternative album? And Knights of Cydonia should of been nominated and won in every single category. Don't care that it's not country or rap or jazz, it should still win!

bsp77 said:

Yeah, I might need to listen to JT again today. The first half with its dancey Prince vibe is great. The second half with the tearjerking Michael Jackson ballads kinda sucks. So maybe I will just listen to the first half.

The first half is definitely the best part. I really haven't given the second half as much attention, but it's still okay. I really love "Losing My Way" though. Gorgeous. And if the rumors are true, I'll be so excited to see LoveStoned as a single. Hopefully he'll keep the "I Think She Knows" interlude at the end. :love:
I'm going to see him with a few friends come February. My first concert that isn't a rock show! :drool:

Headache in a Suitcase said:

i think i love you :love:

:sexywink:

phanan said:
I This year's nominees are horrible. Of course, they usually are, but this year comes across as particularly weak.

I totally agree.

I can't believe that Paul Simon's album "surprise" wasn't nominated, not to mention Barry Manilow's "Greatest hits of the 50's" (which was a #1 album.....).

.....but what can you expect from a music industry that is more industry than music? It's all about popularity contests, jiggling boobs and no-talent "artists" who try to out-swear each other.

I shudder to think what the Dixie Chicks will be saying in their speech if they win.

Very sad.

:mad:

Lancemc said:
Are The Decemberists not nominated for anything?! :huh:

It's not looking that way. There could only be two causes of this:

1. The album was released too late to be eligible.
2. The people who come up with the noms are fucking stupid.

where's Nelly Furtado?

even the new Take That single would be a more deserved song of the year :hmm:

inmyplace13 said:

It was released on October, right? That means that it isn't eligible, unless the rules have recently changed. I may be wrong on this, because I haven't watched the Grammys since 2000.

phanan said:
I noticed that U2 got two nominations - one with Green Day and one with Mary J. Blige.

This year's nominees are horrible. Of course, they usually are, but this year comes across as particularly weak.

Yes, it is a weak list this year, but I would like to see U2 win another 2 grammys!

Best Rock Instrumental Performance
(For solo, duo, group or collaborative performances, without vocals. Includes Rock, Hard Rock and Metal. Singles or Tracks only.)

* Chun Li's Flying Bird Kick
Arctic Monkeys
[Domino Recording]

* The Wizard Turns On...
The Flaming Lips
Track from: At War With The Mystics
[Warner Bros.]

* Black Hole Sun
Peter Frampton
[A&M Records/New Door Records]

* Catsellorizon
David Gilmour
Track from: On An Island
[Columbia]

* Super Colossal
Joe Satriani
Track from: Super Colossal
[Epic]

Cool. :up: Except they spelled the name of Gilmour's song incorrectly!

pepokiss said:

Best Rock Performance By A Duo Or Group With Vocal
(For duo, group or collaborative performances, with vocals. Singles or Tracks only.)

Talk
Coldplay

Track from: X&Y
[Capitol]

How To Save A Life
The Fray
Track from: How To Save A Life
[Epic]

Steady, As She Goes
The Raconteurs
Track from: Broken Boy Soldiers
[V2/Third Man Records]

Dani California
Red Hot Chili Peppers
Track from: Stadium Arcadium
[Warner Bros.]

The Saints Are Coming
U2 & Green Day

[Interscope Records/Warner Bros.]

That's a good list.

Watch the Chili Peppers win for being the Chili Peppers, or The Fray for being "the upstart young band".

I'm surprised they weren't on the Best New Artist category yet Imogen Heap was. :huh:

inmyplace13 said:

It's probably 3. All of the above.

Axver said:

You're kidding, right? I remember when I had the misfortune to catch Timberlake's lead single on the radio: I just burst out laughing at how horrific it was. His singing's bloody dreadful. I can't believe he's successful. :huh:

:up:

And to this year of nominations (outside of the Alternative list) I give a :down:

LemonMacPhisto said:

I'm surprised they weren't on the Best New Artist category yet Imogen Heap was. :huh:

Imogen Heap >>>>>>>>>>>>> shit >>>>>> the Holocaust >>>> The Fray

Wow. What an awful bunch of nominations.

And the JT album - this coming from a self confessed 'guilty pleasure' JT fan - I just don't think it's that good. If he'd just put as much effort into the substance as he does the sizzle, he could be great. His albums are both just 2-4 really really good tracks and then a load of complete shit that represents the worst of manufactured pop by numbers. Sexyback is too short term as well, it's not going to hang around like the singles off his first album have and will continue to. In short: He can and should be able to better and I hope he does.

Axver, a life without shallow superficial pleasures is a dull one.

Back
Top Bottom