Grammy Nominations

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
:madspit:

Like usual, the nominations are a load of crap. Beyonce and Justin Timberlake up for album of the year? What a joke! I have to admit it was pretty cool to see the White Stripes nominated for Elephant. I hope they win, but I doubt it will happen.

The nominations reflect either a poor year in the music business, or a bunch of quality artists were shut out of the lists.

My second thought on the announcement is the lack of diversity in the nominees in the general categories. Timberlake, Knowles, Outkast, Coldplay, Missy Elliot, and Eminem?---What is this?--The VMAs or The Grammys. I forget. The only nominee not born after 1975 appears to be Warren Zevon and that posthumous tribute doesn't qualify as a likely contender.

I'd vote for Outkast and Eminem...that's all I could say.

How is Hail to the Thief not up for album of the year?

(Well, I know how, I'm just saying...) :wink:

nothing really unexpected. grammy awards are really just awards for good marketing, nothing to do with music. because despite what that list looks like, 2003 was a pretty good year for music releases. a lot of good stuff came out, but it's not the type of music that gets nominated for grammys.

Exactly, IWB. :yes: The grammys probably haven't even heard of most of the bands I've listened to and loved this year.

seriously.

the scary thing is that you can listen to only mainstream radio and STILL know more music than the stuff that gets nominated. it's such a small percentage of what's out there. and it happens to be a crappy bunch of music...that's why it cant be about the actual product being produced, it has to be about how the product is sold...no one in their right mind would nominate some of the stuff that's been nominated this year and in the past if it had to do with the musical content. i mean, doesn't creed have one or two of those things?

am i the only one who has no problem with justin timberlake, beyonce, jay-z or 50 cent getting nominations? they're the best in their respective genre's... so what if you don't like their particular brand of tea, they still do well at what they do. :shrug: that's just me... i happened to like quite a few songs on Justified... and comming from soneone who absolutely, posativley despised n'sync, that's saying alot. and if you can get an n'sync hater to like some of your songs, then damn you deserve some kind of award.

my only beef is the lack of nominations for j-j-j-j-johnny cash. i guess zevon got more seintimental votes than the man in black :shrug:

and as for radiohead... well... i think anyone who's been in zoo confessionals in the past month or so knows my feelings on them. guess i'm not the only one who thinks they're simply not as great as others :shrug: eh... to one his own.

Last edited:
and on a side note... i think cry me a river should've been up for record of the year... there i said it... proud of syaing it too... I'M A HETEROSEXUAL MALE WHO LIKES JUSTIN TIMBERLAKE AND AM NOT AFRAID TO ADMIT IT. There... that actually felt pretty good.

just please don't ever go back to n'sync... just keep letting pharrell produce your albums and you'll be fine

I believe Johnny Cash's "The Man Comes Around" won a Grammy or two last year because that's the year the album was eligible. But the song "Hurt" was released as a single this year and therefore should have been eligible. I feel it should have been nominated for record of the year - not because The Man in Black died but because his version of the song is outstanding.

I'm more inclined to agree with Headache in a suitcase than some others. All the categories have at least one nom that I like. I hope Phrenology wins rap album of the year, and I hope Hey Ya winse record of the year. That would make me very happy. The rest I couldn't care less about.

headache....that was interesting. :laugh: :up:

my problem is that i don't consider crap a genre of music, and that's just what i see most of that stuff to be...just my opinion...:shrug:

I thought the same thing, yertle. I know I heard of them long ago and not just this year. :shrug:

I read somewhere that U2 are nominated for the "Best song written for a motion picture" award, they deserve it! I really like their song "the hands that built America", it's so nice. :)

I hope they win!

I don't understand how 50 Cent got a nomination. Seriously, I don't understand the allure in him. Eminem I can understand because he's edgy and a talented rapper, but 50 cent just seems...average all around (at best).

I like 50 Cent, but I can't explain why. I guess I just like to groove to all of his songs. Even my sister who listens to country music likes him.

Back
Top Bottom