Goth appreciation thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I watched a "Spiders from Mars" concert on the weekend. I have it on tape, but they showed it on TV :)
I saw Marilyn Manson( I think it was '99) and I recall thinking as he first appeared on stage - Marilyn = Bowie/Ziggy Stardust fan.

I don't think I know the definition of gothic music. I never thought of New Order as goth, or Def Leppard.
I like the 2 big musical categories....

GOOD music

BAD music

cass said:
I watched a "Spiders from Mars" concert on the weekend. I have it on tape, but they showed it on TV :)
I saw Marilyn Manson( I think it was '99) and I recall thinking as he first appeared on stage - Marilyn = Bowie/Ziggy Stardust fan.

I don't think I know the definition of gothic music. I never thought of New Order as goth, or Def Leppard.
I like the 2 big musical categories....

GOOD music

BAD music

Def Leppard is not goth in anyway at all. They were joking around with me because I'm going to a Def Leppard concert in a few weeks. Mofo and Cujo are quite the pranksters.

Has anyone read that Onion article where Marilyn Manson goes from door to door trying to shock people because he thinks Eminem is overtaking him in the 'unpopularity' stakes? Hilarious.

I like Joy Division.

yertle-the-turtle said:
Has anyone read that Onion article where Marilyn Manson goes from door to door trying to shock people because he thinks Eminem is overtaking him in the 'unpopularity' stakes? Hilarious.

Yes! I loved that article. :lmao:

zonelistener said:

Right on! Someone else here knows and likes Bauhaus.

My favorite of their songs is Bela Lugosi's Dead and Crowds.

i've never heard bahaus or mission uk but i like all those other bands you mentioned in the original post

i really like joy division :up:

Back
Top Bottom