Gorillaz discussion

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LemonMelon

More 5G Than Man
Clint Eastwood
Feel Good Inc.
O Green World (Live)

Any fans here? :shifty: For me, I absolutely LOVE Demon Days (it was easily the biggest surprise of 2005 for me, because I had absolutely no idea who they were at the time), and the debut is pretty good. I think they improved their songcraft quite a bit between the two. Never bothered with the B-side collections and remix albums. :yikes:

Damon Albarn is definitely the man. :happy:

Man, I love O Green World.

Demon Days is fantastic. The first LP was hit or miss for me, but Demon Days I adore pretty much from top to bottom.

It proves my "Damon Albarn Can Do No Wrong" theory. :up:

Which is one of my favorites other than the "24 Needs Elisha Cuthbert" and "Bottle Rocket (No relation to the movie)" theories. :up:

Dare and Dirty Harry guys :drool:

I always thought the concept behind Gorillaz was unique, and Clint Eastwood was such a catchy tune. I didn't really get into them until I heard Feel Good Inc. at a party one night, and I finally picked up a copy of Demon Days. After a few listens, I realized that I'd been writing the band off for too long as just a novelty. A lot of their B-sides are pretty cool, too. I especially like Highway (Under Construction) and Hongkongatron off of the Dirty Harry EP that's on iTunes.

I caught the tail-end of a show of theirs on cable. I think it might've been the same one released on DVD. It had a really amazing performance of Hong Kong.

I remember reading somewhere not too long ago that Damon Albarn said there won't be any more Gorillaz albums. That's a shame.

Hong Kong is an insanely good song. The string arrangement is really beautiful. :up:

LemonMacPhisto said:
It proves my "Damon Albarn Can Do No Wrong" theory. :up:

Well he can definately do wrong...

He is definately a talented motherfucker, but he's also very hit and miss.

But overall Gorillaz :up:

BonoIsMyMuse said:

I remember reading somewhere not too long ago that Damon Albarn said there won't be any more Gorillaz albums. That's a shame.

:sad: :sad: :sad: I wouldn't be so sad about that if a Blur reunion was actually possible in the near future. :(

I like the animatics versions of Dirty Harry and Dare that are over on youtube. They made me realize that the visual appeal of the cartoons isn't so much in the animation as it is in the drawing itself. Good stuff.

Glad to see there are others here who really like them also...

Demon Days always makes me feel incredibly melancholy. I tend to associate the album with October '05...when my parents were getting prepared for a divorce. Scary stuff. They're still together, and I love that album even more because it cheered me up big time back then.

Listening to El Manana right now...great song. It should have charted better than it did.

The only reason why I started listening to Gorillaz was Damon Albarn... I love Blur and I had a teen crush on him:flirt: Anyway when I found out he was connected to this band I decided to listen. It's not my type but I ended up liking it (though I think it would be much better without the rap...)

It's too bad that Albarn is calling it quits for Gorillaz.

Oh well, at least there is the Gorillaz movie and soundtrack to look forward too

i wasn't aware that the gorillaz were defunct. terrible news if indeed true.

damon albarn is the greatest. end of story.

Of course he's the greatest:drool:

Anayway does anybody know more about the movie? Are they going to make new songs for it? Probably Damon won't be recording with them anymore, but it would be good anyway... I wonder if he's going to have something related to the movie :hmm: Maybe just to say goodbye...

annie_vox said:

Anayway does anybody know more about the movie? Are they going to make new songs for it? Probably Damon won't be recording with them anymore, but it would be good anyway... I wonder if he's going to have something related to the movie :hmm: Maybe just to say goodbye...

It'll be released along with The Flaming Lips' Christmas on Mars.

:sad:

annie_vox said:

I heard that they will release a soundtrack for it, but it will only be the theatrical score from the film. No original music from the band:(

Back
Top Bottom