Gorillaz

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Zootopia

Babyface
a couple days ago i bought the new album by Gorillaz and i have to say it is really good. i only knew a few songs before i got it, but the whole album is excellent. for the most part, it has a very laid back feel to it, but at the same time has a lot of drums and bass. anyone else get it? i'd highly recommend it. i've been in a CD buying mood lately. there seems to be a shit load of new ones that have just been released or will be soon. just cause i'm, bored, heres a list of the quality albums that you all should go out and buy

Gorillaz
Ben Harper - Live from Mars
Stereophonics - Just Enough Education to Perform
Depeche Mode - Exciter (may 15th)
REM - Reveal (may 15th)
......i'm sure there are more, i just cant think of any.

I have a little story to tell about Ben Harper. I was on a flight going to Denver from Seattle, ending in Des Moines. Well, this big black dude with a huge frow was playing his guitar at the Sea-Tac airport, and I'm just like, what a tool. Anyway, we get boarded, and who do I have to sit by, mr jimi hendrix wannabe. During the flight he starts taking down notes, or lyrics, I don't pay too much attention. Now I had heard of Ben Harper, but never seen him before, I figured the guy was white.

So I look over at him, he goes, what's up. I go nothing much, he asks for my name, I say, Nathaniel. He goes, I'm Ben, Ben Harper. I go, Oh, like the musician guy. He goes, yeah, something like that. I found out later that night it was him(by looking for pics).

Anyway, don't like his music, he was a nice enough guy...the other bands I really have no desire to hear.

but I'm sure there's plenty that do want to hear...especially REM's

------------------
"Flying a airplane is a lot like riding a bike...it's just harder to put cards in the spokes".

Zootopia, i got GORILLAZ and i think its great. Theres a very nice range of musical styles on it for an urban 'garage' album and Damon Albarn sounds cool too. I love the intro to M1A1 - it scared the shit out of me at first! And Clint Eastwood and Tommorow Comes Today are excellent.

Anyway i just bought J.E.E.P. by Stereophonics too and i like it a lot. Not quite as good as Word Gets Around tho...

I recommend Finelines by MY VITRIOL to you...
you might not buy a better album this year (except for Gorillaz of course)
biggrin.gif

IS ANYONE THEEEEEEERRRE...? HELLOOOO...
IS ANYONE THEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRREE.......

biggrin.gif
OK i'll stop now.

i've heard that 19-2000 is the next single release by the way. And the new ASH album Free All Angels is a blinder too. Lot of great music about at the mo, if ya know where to look fer it.

So I look over at him, he goes, what's up. I go nothing much, he asks for my name, I say, Nathaniel.

I couldn't resist replying, as I share your first name. Out of curiousity, what does BEAL mean?And do you really go by Nathaniel?
Through school, most people just called me, well, it's in my signature...(and it stuck)

------------------
Nate

I am SOOO addicted to Gorillaz right now! I have spent way too much time in Murdoc's Winnebago! I think it is warping my sensibilities. I am even tempted to replace my U2 wallpaper with Gorillaz wallpaper although I may be commiting a U2fan sin by doing so. Their website is like a whole other universe. You can look through their computers and there are all sorts of hidden goodies to discover. Gorillaz is the best concept album to come out in years but it is not just a concept. There is some solid music behind these cartoon characters.

"There's a monkey in the jungle
Watching a paper trail
Caught up in a conflict
between his brain and his tail
And if time's elimination
then we've got nothing to lose
Please repeat the message
It's the music that we choose"

------------------
Remember the goul.

The digital won't let me go.

Gorillaz are addictive. I started listening to their album last week and it?s still in my cd-player. It?s fun, it?s exciting & sounds fresh.

------------------
"The bass player's got it. The bass player's fucking got it." Bono, Boston 6-9-01

Damon is in the band. he sings on most of the tracks, but you arent supposed to know its him. well, i guess you are, but you're supposed to pretend that the singer is a cartoon character. even in interviews, they talk about the characters as if they're real people. if you havent got the album yet, i highly recommend it. i origionally posted this thread in march or april or something and i'm still listening to the album all the time. i never get bored of it. quality tunes. and Calunna is right, the website is excellent. if anyone is looking for some more gorillaz that they might have not heard yet, get the clint eastwood single. the b-side Dracula is one of their best songs

I finally bought the album today, and I'm listening to it right now. This is one of the two albums that I already fall in love with during the first listen...

hehehe! It's true! Sicy's getting the cool shoe-shine!

124567.jpg

------------------
Remember the goul.

The digital won't let me go.

I saw some footage of their "concerts." The band plays behind a projection screen, as the animated "Gorillaz" and accompanying storylines are projected on the screen. The band isn't seen by the audience (at least that's what the entertainment reporter said). Cool...anyone been to their concerts?

Back
Top Bottom