Goonies II

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dalton

Blue Crack Addict
Little hand says it's time to rock and roll.
http://www.iwatchstuff.com/2007/10/goonies_2_an_absolute_certaint.php

goonies-2-certain.jpg

Like every other obnoxious a-hole I know around their mid-20s, I fucking love The Goonies, and can still watch it to this day without a hint of irony or nostalgia clouding my view of how great it is. Steven Spielberg and Richard Donner found a group of disparate adolescents that were natural actors and combined that with a barely-fathomable story about criminals and lost pirate ships, and somehow it all worked.

Now Sean Astin has told MTV that it's an "absolute certainty" that Goonies 2 will come to fruition once the right story and kids can be assembled. This is a horrible idea, and I'll tell you why: all kids are now obnoxious. I don't know if you've checked MySpace lately, but I've seen Teen Nick[elodeon], The N, the cast of High School Musical, and they're all a bunch of turds. I couldn't hate these kids more. Every boy has this huge, annoying mop of hair swept over their foreheads, and every horse-toothed girl also has a pop album she's trying to push in commercial breaks. They've developed an entire culture based on wanting me to punch them in the face.

Please, Spielberg, Donner, don't make this another Ghostbusters 2, a film so vastly inferior to its near-perfect original that I'll only purchase and occasionally watch it out of a misplaced sense of completion and a chance to see the actors as older, less funny caricatures of their original character.

:lmao: Sorry lance, it looks like someone already has your dream job.

I hope they do make Goonies 2 and don't fuck it up. I love Goonies and watch every few months. Shuffle Truffle.

I will remain skeptical that they can pull off anything remotely decent.

Don't ruin such a glorious childhood memory! :(

Wouldn't Goonies II be better with the original cast grown up returning to their small town to solve a mystery, as opposed to getting a whole batch of new kids? What will be the difference between this and any other piece of shit kids film?

Stupid idea.

Gremlins II FTW.

lazarus said:
Wouldn't Goonies II be better with the original cast grown up returning to their small town to solve a mystery, as opposed to getting a whole batch of new kids? What will be the difference between this and any other piece of shit kids film?

Stupid idea.

Gremlins II FTW.

And when will we get Labyrinth II?

Back
Top Bottom