Goodbye to the West Wing

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Sherry Darling

New Yorker
Hell of a show--it went downhill for a while, but I've really enjoyed this season. I'll miss it! :yes:

Anyone watching the final few episodes?

My guess is C.J. as the vice president. They made a big deal about her looking for a new job in last week's show.

I think Sam is VP.

I really doubt CJ is VP.

This Sunday's episode and next Sunday's episode revolve around the death of Leo McGarry. I hope it is handled with class - John Spencer deserves no less.

I gave up on it long ago. I used to think Rob Lowe was crazy for leaving, but now I think he made the right decision to go out at the top.

I have been watching for a while this season for nostalgia's sake.

It used to be so great.

This year has been very good, but the last couple of years were a bit subpar in comparison with the first four or so, which was some of the best television ever made.

That being said, even when the last couple of years weren't as good, it was still a hell of a lot better than most other things on TV.

And tonight's episode was really done well...

namkcuR said:

It still is.

No, no no noooooo! :wink:

This season, from what I've seen, has been alright. A bit manic, but alright.

Some of the previous seasons were flat out awful, sorry. And I say that as someone who loved that show so much it hurt. It was borderline unwatchable for a while.

Yes, I understand that, but some of the camera work has bothered me this season, because it reminded me a bit of when I had epileptic seizures as a child, lol. I can't process information at that speed.

Love this show.:sad:

The writing was at its best when Aaron Sorkin was at the helm but as someone said earlier...this has been a great year for the show.

I wrote the following down from an episode that aired a few years ago. Word for word.

Leo McGarry talking to Josh Wyman...who is trying to deal with the emotional wounds of being shot...

-------

This guy is walking down the street when he falls into the hole. The walls are so steep that he can't get out.

A doctor passes by and the guy shouts up, "Hey you, can you help me out?" The doctor writes out a prescription., throws it down the hole and moves on.

Then a priest comes along and the guy shouts up, "Father, I'm down in this hole, can you help me out?" The priest writes out a prayer, throws it down the hole and moves on.

And then a friend walks by. "Hey Joe, it's me, can you help me out?"

And the friend jumps into the hole.

Our guy says, "Are you stupid? Now we're both down here."

And the friend says, "Yeah, but I've been down here before and I know the way out."

Westport said:
Love this show.:sad:

This guy is walking down the street when he falls into the hole. The walls are so steep that he can't get out.

A doctor passes by and the guy shouts up, "Hey you, can you help me out?" The doctor writes out a prescription., throws it down the hole and moves on.

Then a priest comes along and the guy shouts up, "Father, I'm down in this hole, can you help me out?" The priest writes out a prayer, throws it down the hole and moves on.

And then a friend walks by. "Hey Joe, it's me, can you help me out?"

And the friend jumps into the hole.

Our guy says, "Are you stupid? Now we're both down here."

And the friend says, "Yeah, but I've been down here before and I know the way out."

That's really eloquent :up: I am going to borrow this and send it to some special people in my life. Thanks!

Today's episode was great! Solid all the way around. I always liked Sam but I prefer him with a bit longer, shaggier haircut than this one, makes him look too old. His banter with Josh is awesome.

I wish we'd have gotten some Sam/Toby scenes - those were classic!

The character of Sam Seaborn is welcomed back in warm embrace.

Rob Lowe may never how huge of a gaping hole he left in this show when he left.

Back
Top Bottom