Goodbye, Dennis Bergkamp

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

yertle-the-turtle

ONE love, blood, life
So I watched his testimonial yesterday and it struck me that's the last time I'll ever see him play - but I guess I was really fortunate to even have had the opportunity. A true legend in every sense of the word.

Top Five Bergkamp goals:

1. vs. Bayer Leverkusen
2. vs. Newcastle
3. vs. Argentina
4. vs. Leicester (3rd goal)
5. vs. WBA (Dennis Bergkamp day)

One of the best strikes I've ever seen , really an admirer of him , since the 90's , even though that illegal goal against Brazil in 94 .........

And talkin bout goals ....... that goal gainst Arg in 98 :drool:

Argentina goal is by far the best for me. I remember losing my voice during that game and after the goal I ran around the bar I was at.....i'm Dutch.

I got the youtube clip of this goal on my Myspace page :wink:

i saw once this play:
defence player was behind him, the bell was coming toward DB and(he was placed that defence player was watching his back) he just touched the ball with his pinkie(small finger) and the ball went around the player DB went on the other side of him.:drool: :drool:

One of the most graceful players you could ever hope to see on a football pitch.

My Top Five Bergkamp goals:

1. v Newcastle '02
2. v Argentina '98
3. v Sunderland - '97 - FA-Cup 3rd Round
4. v Leicester - '97 - 3rd goal
5. v Barnsley - '98

The thing about the Newcastle goal is that as far as I'm aware you can't compare it to any other goal because it is unique. Blows me away every time I watch it. For those who have never seen it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v64exGkaD_Y

U2@NYC said:
One of the players I have hated the most, after his goal against Argentina in 1998... :mad:

One of the players many of us adore, especially for his goal against Argentina in 1998...:drool:

Back
Top Bottom