good to see more gold

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Basstrap

ONE love, blood, life
[wickedchild]

----------

i am a wicked child
and i am a wicked child
i am a wicked child
because i am a wicked child
and i deserve to go to hell
and i am a wicked child
i am a wicked child
and i am a wicked child & i am a wicked child
and i am a wicked child
i am a..

-----------

[/wickedchild]

sometimes I think Thom's head is full of senility!!

not a lot of people really like that song.

ive never even heard it. maybe i should.

maybe i shouldnt.

did you hear about their last show? they took requests, and played big boots, big ideas, you AND fog!

lets see u2 do something like that...

oh wait they cant, cause of their lighting... man is that the lamest excuse in history or what?!

has anyone seen the lights radiohead use?!?! its almost as intense, again ALMOST NOT AS, intense the pulse tour from pink floyd.

*shakes head...so many songs u2 never play anymore but would be awesome if they would....

yeah...I heard about that show!!! over at atease.com or .net

thats awesome.

If I don't get to see radiohead before I die or before they breakup or before they die i will rip all my cloths off and parade around in sack cloth and ashes

Well...didn't U2 do People Get Ready initially as a request?

but they should do a lot more requests!!
----------
I love radiohead

I downloaded Wicked Child a few times and the version I got were always inaudible, so I don't really know that song...

I downloaded the webcast mp3s from the other day, Thom flips out mid-way thru Pyramid Song because the of a technical failure, all the instruments get cut, but they start back up and finish the song a few moments later

they also played The Tourist the other night, slow down man, slow down

U2 need to have all the extra stuff added on after pre-recording, or by their techs, so they cant do anything spontaneous anymore, oh, and the lighting just wouldnt be right

I'm trying to abstain from d/l any new radiohead tunes...

is this wrong for me to do?

U2 is a great live band, I just don't think they challenge themselves anymore, they're still great at what they do, but I know they could take it to another level altogether, and I'm disapppointed they won't meet that challenge, whether it's laziness, fear or complacency, I'm not sure, maybe all of the above, but it disappoints me... though don't confuse that with me thinking their shows are in anyway inferior, because they're still a great live band that blows me away

don't expect suggest.

be more spontaneous, be less predictable.

Last edited:
Wanderer, I think U2 live has never been "spontaneous" and their shows could always have been called "predictable"
at least when talking set lists, light shows etc
it's the same every night and it has been so since they toured to promote Boy (even though the light show was non-existent back then)

I'm glad Radiohead is able to provide you with this feature
but I don't think expectations at a Radiohead show measure up to a U2 show
Radiohead did a better job selecting their audience

U2 is the better live band though

I've said U2 is a great live band, I think Radiohead is as well, they are two very different kinds of bands though, a more logical comparison for U2 is with REM or Oasis, and they dwarf those bands

zooropamanda said:
salomey sometimes u just make me wanna squeeze your cheeks
which cheeks?

The Wanderer said:
I've said U2 is a great live band, I think Radiohead is as well, they are two very different kinds of bands though, a more logical comparison for U2 is with REM or Oasis, and they dwarf those bands
perhaps that would be a more logical comparison, but I didn't start the U2 - Radiohead comparison (at least not this time)

Back
Top Bottom