Good DVD deal?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LMP

Blue Crack Supplier
The Big Lebowski, Heavyweights, and Rushmore all brand new from Half.com for $26 and change.

Aliens and So I Married an Axe Murderer for $25 with Super Saver Shipping from Amazon.

What do you think about that? I tried looking for a decently priced Aliens/Axe Murderer from Half.com, but they're basically discs in baggies for 5 bucks plus shipping. Those are all great for the trip I'm going to be going on later this month, too.

(I make too many threads in here and I can't find the other "Movies I Just Bought" thread, huzzah for not being premium.)

Got your first three at deepdiscountdvd.com for $24.33 and free shipping.

Got your second set at deepdiscountdvd.com for $19.88 with free shipping.

Deepdiscountdvd.com---the only place to buy dvds online! :wink: They don't charge shipping, and in the five or so years I've known about them, I've never seen a cheaper price. All brand new & in plastic, too.

Last edited:
Are you really going to miss the cases? I used to be neurotic about buying DVD's with perfect cases and everything. Lest a DVD without its own case enter my collection! But then when you think about it all you really want is the movie. You're not exactly going to be staring at the cover for two hours.

Are the first three movies you mentioned being sold in a three pack? :huh: Otherwise it's waaaaay too expensive. If you have to have the case/cover, buy it "Like New" from half.com. In most cases they've been opened, watched once and then put back on the shelf to dust. At least that's why I'm selling a bunch of my movies.
My standard is to not pay over $15 for a new movie (usually from Best Buy, sometimes Target), $10 for an old (as in age-wise, not opened) movie, $7-$8 for a used movie online. And only if they don't have Blockbuster-type branding on them.

They're all separate, and brand new from half.com, and are the cheapest possible ones on the page, ironically.

I don't buy movies if the average for each movie in the deal is over $12; this particular deal is a little over $10 for all brand new DVDs, 3 of which are relatively recent.

Utoo said:
Got your first three at deepdiscountdvd.com for $24.33 and free shipping.

Got your second set at deepdiscountdvd.com for $19.88 with free shipping.

Deepdiscountdvd.com---the only place to buy dvds online! :wink: They don't charge shipping, and in the five or so years I've known about them, I've never seen a cheaper price. All brand new & in plastic, too.

That sounds awesome, I went to find those movies on the site and they were way more expensive. Is it one of those "cheaper as you buy more"-type of sites?

:hmm: No, they're all there. It might've been that you saw a super-special edition (I know they offer one version of Rushmore for $30). Here they are:

Big Lebowski
http://search.deepdiscount.com/search?w=big lebowski&

Heavyweights
http://www.deepdiscount.com/viewproduct.htm?productId=5740480

Rushmore -- the $30 one has special features, the $9 one doesn't
http://search.deepdiscount.com/search?w=rushmore&

Aliens--- the $10 one has special features, but the $18 one has more
http://search.deepdiscount.com/search?w=aliens&

Axe Murderer
http://www.deepdiscount.com/viewproduct.htm?productId=5743140

That's one thing about the site---they sell just about every version of the dvd. They have the uber-special-edition ones, the special edition ones, and the plain ones. I don't known which versions you found on half.com & Amazon. For any individual version, though, I've always found it to be cheapest on deepdiscountdvd.

Hope this helps!

Thanks a lot for the help :happy:

Aliens and Lebowski were the newer releases, Rushmore and the rest were barebone/normal.

If I had to buy all 3 of them individually from my wholesaler (The Big Lebowski, Heavyweights, and Rushmore), it would be more than the prices either of you have listed. Good deals there!

Deepdiscountdvd can sometimes be great, but if you're spending more than $25, amazon is the way to go because their free shipping is so much cheaper. For deals I love Half.com and buying used or previously viewed.

Also, excellent deals at Target right now for series collections/triple features. Such as The Man With No Name Trilogy and a Target exclusive slim pack of Alien/Aliens/Alien 3 for $19.99

Same, I love slim packs, I got the same kind of packaging on the Hannibal Collection. I'm so mad that all the 24 sets are being reissued that way haha.

powerhour24 said:
Also, excellent deals at Target right now for series collections/triple features. Such as The Man With No Name Trilogy and a Target exclusive slim pack of Alien/Aliens/Alien 3 for $19.99

But you get no special features, a lamer quality version, and you have to buy Alien 3.

If you don't care about any of that, then you should go for it.

I got al 3 Beverly Hills Cops for 15 bucks and almost got the Die Hards for 20 bucks (I hate #2 though)

Well I've seen all of the special features on those DVDs before and I for one actually like Alien 3, not a whole lot, but it is worth watching to see the development of a special effects artist/music video director into the David Fincher we know today.

I love David Fincher and the first two Alien movies, so I thought I'd love Alien 3. No dice.

His style is there in bits and pieces, but it's just not his movie, you could tell by watching it. There was so much studio interference he left the movie during post-production, and when Fox asked him back to re-cut it, he refused.

The story and concept of Alien 3 was terrible, too, at least compared to the first two. I can't get over how Newt and Hicks fucking died in the first 5 minutes, especially after so much time was invested in them surviving all of the chaos in Aliens.

Gimme a break.

Last edited:
well , at least it's better then Alien 4 , much better
:)

i actually liked the script itself , to burn the bridges and all that
Alien 3 shouldve been the final movie about the aliens .
it's not perfect , but it's not that bad either

How's this for an online deal?

The Thing from Half.com for 8.34 (including shipping)

Dr. Strangelove, Barton Fink, Empire of the Sun, and Jaws from Amazon.com for 34.18 (No shipping)

Fight Club and Labyrinth for 22.98 from Target.com (Gift card money I never use)

It's basically 7 movies for 42.50. That's a pretty good deal if I may say so myself.

How did Jake get?
Movies like this?
For a price like that?
Good one, Jake!
You're a legend, Jake!

conchords460.jpg

Oh the media monkeys and the junkie-junkies will invite you to the plastic pantomime.

Here's one:

National Lampoon's Vacation
Last Action Hero
The Terminator
Pan's Labyrinth
---
Live Free or Die Hard - Unrated
Knocked Up
Hot Fuzz

The first four were Buy 2, Get 2 Free from Gamestop ($17)/ The last 3 were part of another Buy 2, Get 2 Free deal at Hollywood Video (I got Hairspray for my sister). I'm about ready to pay the 30 bucks when I find a 20 dollar gift card in my wallet, so it's only 10-12 bucks.

So all of those movies, 30 bucks. Son of a beesting.

Back
Top Bottom