Goldfrapp - Seventh Tree

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DrTeeth

Rock n' Roll Doggie Band-aid
I'm lurve Goldfrapp, but unfortunately I haven't had time to pick this one up yet (hopefully tomorrow). Apparently, they went back to their Felt Mountain roots, which is something I'm excited about, though I also loved Black Cherry and Supernature. :hyper:

GOLDFRAPP_080222114708642_wideweb__300x300.jpg

Seventh Tree is a very good album. It represents sort of a departure from the previous albums and the sonority they had been presenting. I liked it a lot, it's very acoustic and hand-played, but it doesn't erase the electronics although these are less important than the melodies and the guitars and synths. Some songs have that lovely lullaby feeling...

I heard a leak of this a few months ago and really love it. Can't wait to pick this one up.

Goldfrapp has been hit or miss for me. Felt Mountain isn't really my thing, and the other two albums have a few songs that I love, but as overall albums, this is the first one I've really liked.

Fantastic album, :heart: I love Black Cherry and Supernature but I'm glad they didn't make a third electro-disco-glam album. It's got the dreamy vibe of Felt Mountain but is much warmer and summery. Lovely stuff.

Nice Napoleon hat on the cover, :wink:

Back
Top Bottom