Golden Globes thread.......

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Irish cussfest

daisybean said:
:up: for them winning...I didn't see it...honestly I didn't think they would even be on presenting, let alone win :shrug:

Me neither. But I always watch awards ceremonies :reject:, so yay for U2.

I just :heart: Colin Farrell's :drool: "Shit." slip while on the red carpet on E! and ofcourse, Bono's "Fucking brilliant..." statement onstage. :lmao: Ah, Irish. :up:

Last edited:
I dont get to even watch this thing

<-- feels left out *sigh*

Scorsese should not have gotten best director over peter jackson

he just got it cos he did a film about new york and everybody in hollywood loves him

Basstrap said:

he just got it cos he did a film about new york and everybody in hollywood loves him

:yes: :up:

Basstrap said:

I haven't seen "Gangs..." yet, so I can't really say if the right person won the award. However, I did see "Two Towers" twice and while it is very good, it's not quite "outstanding". Nonetheless, I get the STRONG feeling that Jackson will be honored NEXT year for all of his work with this trilogy. So expect "Return of the King" and Jackson to get their share of victories next year.

doctorwho said:

I haven't seen "Gangs..." yet, so I can't really say if the right person won the award. However, I did see "Two Towers" twice and while it is very good, it's not quite "outstanding". Nonetheless, I get the STRONG feeling that Jackson will be honored NEXT year for all of his work with this trilogy. So expect "Return of the King" and Jackson to get their share of victories next year.

Im buying what youre selling.....PJ and the trilogy will clean up next year I think, even if he is deserving now everyone knows the third time is the charm.....

The_Sweetest_Thing said:
Who was the blonde chic in the black backless dress that looked like she was trying to hug Bono when he stood up?

I'm pretty sure it was Sharon Stone

Then Catherine Zeta Jones reached out to Bono. I'm sure he didn't mind that :sexywink:

I haven't seen "Gangs", either. I'm going to try to see it sometime soon, though. I'm a history freak, so it will be interesting to see New York in the middle of the nineteenth century.

Did anybody catch Bono & Edge on the red carpet with Joan Rivers on "E!"? Bono said (paraphrasing), "Can I ask you something? I'm Irish, ok, and one time you called me the worst dressed man. Have I done any better?" Joan laughed and said, "You're fine--but tune in tomorrow night to see what I really think" and Bono laughed. But when I watched E! last night he didn't even get mentioned except that an online viewers' poll voted him worst-dressed. :sad:

I mean, who cares (Joan is beyond annoying), but it was kinda funny.

joyfulgirl said:
Did anybody catch Bono & Edge on the red carpet with Joan Rivers on "E!"? Bono said (paraphrasing), "Can I ask you something? I'm Irish, ok, and one time you called me the worst dressed man. Have I done any better?" Joan laughed and said, "You're fine--but tune in tomorrow night to see what I really think" and Bono laughed. But when I watched E! last night he didn't even get mentioned except that an online viewers' poll voted him worst-dressed. :sad:

That's Hollywood. The celeb press has to has something to write about this. Dunderheads in Hollywood? What's new?

joyfulgirl said:

Bono worst-dressed?

What the hell do they call what that Lara Flynn Boyle was wearing?

I thought Bono looked great.

Joan is annoying, I agree. I hate those fashion-police types of people (probably because when I was at my old school I had to deal with a lot of them day in and day out :rolleyes:...).

Angela

Back
Top Bottom