Golden Globes thread.......

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thank you. I keep forgetting I'm not missing anything yet since I'm on the west coast and get to be the last to see everything. :mad:

Sicy said:
Thank you. I keep forgetting I'm not missing anything yet since I'm on the west coast and get to be the last to see everything. :mad:

So far its been a pretty good show, even if you will already know the outcome now......:sexywink:

:drool: Just saw Dick Clark interview Bono and the Edge :drool: Forgive me late-comer... West Coast person here!! :wave:

*Will read entire thread after awards show.

BOOONNNNOOOOOOOOOOO EDDDDDGGGGGEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!! :dance: :drool:

Bono and The Edge

Golden Globes (best song for a motion picture) acceptance speech

Elton John: And the winner is?I told you, boys. The Hands That Built America, music and lyrics - U2!

Bono: Oh my God! (shakes hands with Aaahhnold)

Edge kisses Morleigh and they proceed to make their way up, Bono hugging Sharon Stone and Martin Scorcese along the way. Elton of course hugs them both.

Bono: This is really, really?f---ing brilliant!

Laughs from crowd, Sharon Stone completely cracks up.

Bono: ?And really, really great. Y'know, there's a lot of songs that are in films, some of them are U2 songs, but not often do the songs come out of the characters, come out of the story of the film and this goes back to a conversation I had with Martin Scorcese over ten years ago, and [producer] Harvey Weinstein bangin' [on our door] saying "You gotta do this." It really is a very special night for our band. Would you say something, The Edge, please?

Some laughs from the crowd.

Edge: The films of Martin Scorcese made a massive impact on us growing up in Dublin in the seventies. It's such a privilege to be a small part in one of his films. And thank you to Harvey for putting it together. Thank you SO much. And thank you to the Hollywood Foreign Press.

Bono and the Edge start back toward their seats, but are quickly directed towards backstage. Better get used to the Hollywood routines, boys - Here come the Oscars!

Dot. :D

YES! Brad Pitt desperately needs a haircut! :lol:

:ohmy: Did U2 win? I must leave this thread. :scream:

I'll say one thing - all that talk about Bono looking like Robin Williams will come to a screeching halt.

Here's Robin Williams #1:
Click here.

Here's Robin Williams #2:
Click here.

Here's Bono #1:
Click here.

Here's Bono #2:
Click here.

Here's Bono #3:
Click here.

These links may change as Yahoo updates their site. Therefore, these pictures may not be the same in a few hours as they are now - so don't be confused. :wave:

Last edited:
1043036264.2416164948.jpg

:love: :heart: :drool:

I love it when they go to these things together. :heart: :drool: Can't wait to see them win!!! :D

Back
Top Bottom