Golden Globes.... Cancelled........... - Page 3 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Old 01-08-2008, 01:51 AM   #31
Blue Crack Addict
Location: in the gutter, looking at the stars. . .and smiling
Local Time: 11:57 PM
Originally posted by Lancemc

Really it is. Because I don't give a shit about celebrity fashion.

but what about the gowns and hair and jewels

I'm a whore for celeb fashion

Old 01-08-2008, 09:46 AM   #32
Local Time: 06:57 AM
Yeah, i'm kinda bummed about this. It gave me something to watch! I really don't care who wins, because it never seems to be the right person. I usually want the most interesting person to win, just to see what they say in their speech.

And yeah, the fashion is fun to watch. I love a good trainwreck outfit!

Old 01-08-2008, 10:27 AM   #33
Blue Crack Distributor
Local Time: 08:57 AM
So now drunken celebs will have no forum to make fools out of themselves in?

I wanted to see Harrison Ford massacre "golden globes" again, damn it.
Old 01-09-2008, 07:12 AM   #34
Blue Crack Addict
Local Time: 09:57 AM
(AFP) Academy Awards organisers expressed confidence on Tuesday that this year's Oscars show would go ahead as planned, as Hollywood digested the bombshell cancellation of the Golden Globes.

Bruce Davis, the executive director of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences, told AFP that Oscars organisers were hopeful of reaching a deal with writers that would allow the highlight of awards season.

"At this stage we are still making our plan as normal," Davis said.

The dispute between writers and producers claimed its highest profile casualty on Monday when it was confirmed that Sunday's Golden Globes ceremony had been scrapped and replaced with a press conference.

The decision came after Hollywood's actors union, the Screen Actors Guild (SAG), announced last week that stars would not cross picket lines surrounding the show set erected by the Writers Guild of America (WGA).

The WGA has already said its members will not be allowed to write the script for the Oscars show, but has not yet explicitly confirmed if it will picket.

Davis said that while the Oscars could probably survive the absence of writers, picket lines would pose a headache, raising the grim prospect of a Globes-style actors boycott.

"I think we could absorb not having writers if they don't put up a picket line," Davis told AFP. "But a picket line is a whole new problem," he added.

Davis said organisers would be able to wait until a few days before the event is scheduled to make their final decision, comparing it to 2003, when the Oscars took place a few days after the US-led war in Iraq began.

"If you look at the war year in 2003, we were trying to decide 'do we go ahead with the show or is it going to be awful,'" Davis said.

"And we finally decided at that point that we would make a decision four days before the Sunday of the show."